Alpine Roofing

Reviews for Alpine Roofing

Suzanne    Dovercourt Village
Suzanne Dovercourt Village

Flat roof and shingles

Alpine was hired to replace our flat roof and shingles. The crew was unbelievable. The first day I came home from work to find them drinking beer on the roof. Thinking they would quickly resume once they saw me they did not. A couple of hours later they continued working until 10 at night then they continued their drinking at the side of the house. We were shocked, but first time young home owners we were grateful someone was replacing our roof. Needless to say the roof leaked. When I called a year later the man on the other end wouldn't even give me his name and was incredibly rude. That was our last dealing. I did think of bringing them to small claims court but cut our losses instead. Two years ago we had Avenue replace the entire roof. 22000.00 later we have a roof that doesn't leak and hopefully won't. A nightmare of an experience. I was physically affected by this horrific company.

Betty
Betty

roof replacement

Alpine replaced my roof five years ago. I had some pretty serious leaking this past winter. I called in an inspector, who pointed out another area where he said he was surprised it was not yet leaking but would be leaking soon. There were several things on my contract that Alpine simply had not done. There were areas where they had not taken off the old shingles but had covered them over. They had not put on the ice shield in about half of the places. They had not replaced the chimney flashing. They had covered some areas with a kind of caulking instead of ripping out the old and replacing with new, as paid for. There were others places on the roof where they did what they said but where the inspector told me that they should have known that it was not enough to provide for the shape of the roof and they should have done more. The guarantee was supposed to cover ten years. When I called, someone came out and told me that I simply needed one more shingle! When I would not accept that as solving all of the problem, they never again returned a call. They totally ignored their own guarantee. The job they provided me was a con and I will have to replace the entire roof at my own expense, five years after they installed it.

Sallycinnamon in Lesliville
Sallycinnamon in Lesliville

Installed new soffit on front of house

The owner of Alpine assured me he's been in business for over 30 years and was the right person to choose - but then sent 2 young, inexperienced people to do the job - I never saw him again.

They would not commit to a start date then just showed up out of the blue and did the work when we were not there. Which would have been fine if they were professional and did not need supervision, but obviously they did.

We had to withold payment because they did a shoddy job and left parts of the job undone. They did come back to fix it up, but only after we complained loudly.

They also dropped all kinds of nails into our front garden - I was finding them in there all summer. Not so safe when you have kids or dogs.

I chose this company because they are local (in my neighbourhood). I would not recommend them to anyone.

siup1
siup1

Roof shingles

Alpine roofing provided pretty good service overall. However, their initial price was EXTREMELY high. Only after back and forth bargaining did the price become reasonable. (it helps to get a few more quotes to get the general price idea), but at the end, the beat the price of the other offer and got the job. Overall, pretty good!

Dave in Scarborough-9576
Dave in Scarborough-9576

Shingle roof and aluminum soffit and fascia

We had our shingles replaced and new aluminum soffit and fascia installed.

Workers were friendly and efficient. Shingles were done on one day and the aluminum another. Our property was cleaned thouroughly and the final product looks great.

We recommend Alpine for price, quality and performance

Jenny from Toronto-5592
Jenny from Toronto-5592

Replace roof shingles

Not Recommended! We needed to get our roof shingles replaced and hired Alpine because we had heard good things about them. The job looked ok, but then there was one part where it wasn't finished properly and caused a slow leak into the house and made a water stain on the ceiling. We called Alpine, they sent someone over to assess the problem, but no one ever came back to repair the job!! We've been calling them for months now and no one has ever returned our phone calls! That's terrible service! I would never recommend them to anyone!!!

Sukoto from Toronto
Sukoto from Toronto

7.8/10

New Roof (2007)

Alpine roofing was available when I needed them, and responded very quickly to quote and complete my roof.

The roof looks very good, and I can tell the shingles will last for a long time.

However, there were two significant problems with this project:

#1: The team assigned to our home were very messy, and left an absolute pile of garbage behind after the job. They did not tarp-off the area around our home, so even today I am out picking up roofing nails and shingle pieces from our flower-beds and grass... Make sure you are clear that they need to clean-up after themselves and use tarps to cover the area surrounding the home.

#2: Follow-up to post-installation problems has been adqueate at best. We have had a few minor issues, which were eventually dealt with, but required multiple visits before finally being resolved.

Overall, I am happy given the amount of money I saved over the competition. And, I am happy because I know I have a quality roof over our heads. I would recommend Alpine, however would demand better care to the property if I was to use them again.

Grace from Bayview Villiage
Grace from Bayview Villiage
9.3/10

Roof, facia & soffits

Alpine Roof was very efficient and professional. From their quote process, shingle samples, and delivery of materials. One day we went to work, then we came home and roof was done! Clean, efficient, no trace that they were there except for the new roof. They took time to protect the pond in our yard and took care of the neighbours yard. Spiros was wonderful.

Don from Trinity Bellwoods
Don from Trinity Bellwoods
8 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Flat Roof

Alpine were quick to come and quote, both times we had them in to do so. They quoted less than half of the price that similar companies we spoke to quoted. The final product was decent, the flashing work is sloppy but sound (by that I mean there was some trim I would have removed or adjust so they could do cleaner work, but they went around it and it looks a bit awkward, but works perfectly), and the roof is dry, with minimal pooling, quiet and with no ice or heat problems. They gave us good notice for when they’d be here to do the work, arrived on time, did what they said they'd do, and clean up was acceptable with minimal affect on our yard (with a small garden yard, it’s impossible not to end up in our garden). I got more than what I paid for, given other quotes and comparing with work done on neighbours’ and friends’ homes. The estimator and crew weren't that polished, but they're roofers first and foremost. Overall I was very pleased with what we got, given we had a limited budget and needed the work done quickly. We need more work done soon, and will use Alpine again. A note for people using budget roofers – don’t expect a great deal of personal attention or concentration to details when you hire a crew priced like Alpine is. What you are entitled to is a sound roof and warranty that says it won’t leak or rot.

Review has 1 previous version
Chantel -  South Riverdale
Chantel - South Riverdale

New Roof / Shingles

Excellent job and professional team. I acquired many quotes and they were the most competitive. The crew that showed up did a quick job and were friendly and professional. The clean up was fantastic. In truth they left my property tidier then when they arrived. The fellow who came to do the flashing and sealant work was very detailed and took great care. My experience with Alpine was very good. They went above and beyond what I expected.

More about Alpine Roofing

Alpine Roofing Is Southern Ontario's premier roofing company, our specialties also include Siding, Gutters & Eavestroughs, Chimney Build & Repair.