Better Contracting Services

26 Airview Rd Toronto ON M9W 4P2

Better Contracting Services

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 3 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 3 times

Reviews for Better Contracting Services

bradley1378 in London
bradley1378 in London
0 reviews London, ON

Roof repair

I called Michael when my new roof (installed by another company) had a leak. Micheal was very accommodating and sent someone out to look at it right away. Thankfully it was a small repair and due to the speedy response, it saved water damage and a costly repairs in my bathroom below. I was pleasantly surprised with the service on such a small job. I would highly recommend BCS!

Thank you Brad for the stunning review

Jim
Jim

Repaired my roof after Saturday’s storm blew away about 8 shingles

I used them B4 to repair my two Valleys in 2021 then as today Adriano and his crew did a fabulous job. They finished today May 26 2022 in replacing 8 shingles that blew off in the storm which included cleaning up after their work. They were faster than I could have imagined. I can recommend them for any roof repair work they are excellent.

Mike Graves

Neena in Richmond Hill
Neena in Richmond Hill

Roofing Installation

We had our roof replaced in April 2022. Working with Better Contracting was easy from the initial quote request call to the actual installation. The staff took their time to explain the roofing products, warranties, various options and answered all my numerous questions. The installation crew took care of the surrounding property. They lay down tarp over the deck to protect it. At the end of each day, the crew cleaned up and ensured all debris was placed in the bin. Once the job was completed, they spent time ensuring no nails or garbage was left behind.
Customer Service was great! Whenever I call the office, someone always answers and they are always helpful and pleasant.

It was a pleasure working for you Neena.

MGraves

1 review Barrie, ON

Skylight replacement

They are the only contractor that replyed to my call of getting a skylight done. I tried local places and no one had called me back . Whick I am glad because Better Contracting went above and beyond what I wanted and made sure the job was done right . I can now move on and fix the interior on the skylight area with out any stress of this leaking in the future !

Eric
Eric

New Roof

Very happy with the new shingles and flat roof that Better Contracting Services replaced for us. The crew was efficient and polite and did the job over a couple of days with minimal disruption to us. They left the site as they found it. I would happily recommend Better Contracting Service to our neighbours and friends!

Karen & Scott
Karen & Scott

Decra metal roof install

Delighted with our new metal roof! It looks great! The crew did a great job while having to battle uncooperative winter weather throughout the project. Our roof has some complexity due to the dormers but Adriano was very meticulous in ensuring that everything is water tight & secure. A metal roof install isn't anything like slapping new asphalt singles down in a day. It is a re-engineering of the roof - so expect & plan that it will take more time to complete. Adriano and the crew did ours in segments ensuring that each finished face was water tight each day, and before moving onto the next area. They also cleaned up the debris at the end of each day. From the estimate through to the actual work, we can't say enough good things about Murray, Chris, Adriano and the crew.

Roof

The roof was done in the cold and snow but the guys still showed up and worked through it. Very professional- They did as good a job at cleanup as was possible under the snowy and blustery conditions. Job looks good from the ground but I'm not going up to check so I have to take their word for it

Thank you kindly we sincerely appreciate your response.

Rob in Vaughan
Rob in Vaughan

Leaking roof

We had a leak coming in from our roof/chimney that we discovered when water began coming in through the kitchen ceiling. I noticed there was mortar missing in between the bricks in our chimney.

I went with Better Contracting over other roofers even though they were more expensive. The reason I went with them is because they assured me that they would replace the missing mortar between the bricks if they had to in order to repair the leak. They would also replace the flashing, shingles and apply caulking as well if needed. Other contractors would have replaced the flashing, shingles and caulking, but would not include the mortar in their work.

It took just under a week for someone to come out and do the work. But when they came out to do the work they didn't call ahead as I noted; so I wasn't home. It was after 5:30pm when the roofer came so it was pitch dark outside. All they did was apply some caulking around the chimney and left in under 45 minutes. They did not apply any mortar, they did not replace the flashing or shingles. They did not even remove the old caulking. I could have done this work myself while I was up on the ladder inspecting the bricks.

I've spent a few weeks now calling into the office to only get voicemails. When I finally got a call returned, I was told there is no warranty on the work but the leak was fixed. I was emailed a sideways photo of the work that was done (see attached). I'm not ready to spend more money repairing the drywall and insulation in the kitchen when I do not feel reassured that this leak has been fixed correctly. Even today no one has provided me an invoice for the work.

For a company that plasters Mike Holmes face all over it. They charge the Mike Holmes premium, but do not perform anywhere near his expectations and reputation of "Making it right". Come spring, I'm going to have to hire another roofing company to ensure the leak has been fixed correctly.

Edit:
A follow up to this review.
Since posting the negative review, the company has contacted me and came by for another visit during the day. A second piece of flashing was added and more caulking to ensure the leak was fixed. They also provided me with the invoice from the original visit.

Hi Rob, As we tell all everyone we cannot warrant repairs on roofs or work done by others. If we do a new roof install we give a 10 year warranty on our work

Ksenia in Milton
Ksenia in Milton
2 reviews Milton, ON

Roof repair job

During a strong windstorm, parts of my soffit and fascia were blown away. When we went on the roof to look at it, it turned out that builder barely put any screws to secure it. Now everything was so loose that it made me worry for the safety of our family and people in the neighbourhood. On top of it, there was an opening in the roof where animals can get in. We tried to source material but had no luck to find the matching colour. I called Better Contracting Services and they were here within few hours to secure the rest of the loose pieces. When they came back, they not only repaired the damage but made sure that other parts that were not properly done by the builder are secured now as well. The crew is amazing and went above and beyond to make us feel safe again in our home. I highly recommend Better Contracting Services and I would use them again for any roofing and siding needs.

Christian in Toronto
Christian in Toronto

Fair prices, excellent work

I wouldn't normally go for an "as seen on TV" company but I called Better Contracting after they were recommended by a family member and am happy with my decision. We had an old, leaky skylight that needed either replacing or repair, on a steep roof with cedar shakes - during our consultation their crew chief provided level-headed perspective, along with a quick (and functional!) patch job to hold us over until the replacement could happen. When job day came around, the team worked quickly, quietly, and cleanly, which we appreciated given they were standing over a large hole in our roof. They sought out and repaired water damage, communicated whenever something unexpected needed to happen (like removing extra drywall for the new window) and did a bang-up job replacing the shingles. Once the roof gets some weather on it you'll never know they were even here. Very happy.

More about Better Contracting Services

The Better Contracting Services team, led by Michael and Steven Graves, has provided reliable custom roofing and siding to Greater Toronto Area homes for 28 years. We've established ourselves as professional, detail-oriented roofing and siding contractors covering the entire GTA. Our facility is conveniently located in Etobicoke. Our craftsmanship consistently satisfies our customers.

We strive to maintain the highest standards while exceeding client’s expectations at all levels.