Betz Pools

Reviews for Betz Pools

Amy C.
Amy C.

Backyard Pool, Lanscaping, Decking, Spa, shed

I have used Betz twice now, and have always had my expectations exceeded. They are very prompt, helpful, thorough and have made beautiful Oasis's in my last two homes. When I moved and wanted to put in a pool, I knew that I wanted a Betz Quality design and execution, and I was right. Fabulous company to work with.

Danielle F.
Danielle F.
6 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

GUNITE POOL And CONCRETE DEECK

BETZ IS SIMPLY THE BEST. MARK LUFF CREATED AN AMAZING DESIGN WITH LITTLE ROOM TO WORK WITH. OUR POOL IS STILL BEAUTIFUL 7 YEARS LATER! AND THE SERVICE IS GREAT; A PHONE CALL AND THEY ARE QUICK TO RESPOND AND SHOW UP TO HELP. ALL EMPLOYEES ARE PROFESSIONAL, FRIENDLY AND COURTEOUS. WE LOVE GUIDO!!!!!

Terry from Thornhill
Terry from Thornhill
1 review Thornhill, ON

New pool, service and mainenance

Betz pools was very knowledgeable and extremely dependable. Marc Luff was and still is my consultant after 3 years. He is my guy to go to for all my questions and concerns. Love my backyard my country home without leaving the driveway. After service is amazing!

m from North York
m from North York
2 reviews North York, ON

pool design and construction

We contracted Betz to design and build our first pool this past summer. After meeting with several pool companies we felt the most comfortable going with Betz (they're quote was exactly in the middle of a wide range offered by the other companies). Marc Luff showed a great deal of respect for our budget and our desire to have the project completed by mid-summer. He come up with creative ways to give us the pool we wanted within our budget and on schedule (despite a lot of bad weather throughout july). Betz's staff, crew and sub-contractors demonstrated a lot of professionalism before, after and throughout the project. We are very happy with the final results.

Philip Lieberman from Toronto
Philip Lieberman from Toronto

In-ground Concrete/Gunite Pool & Decks

I have used Betz Pools for the design, construction and on-going pool maintenance and servicing on 3 concrete/gunite pools at 3 different homes over the past 15 years. In particular, I have a deep and long-standing relationship with Marc Luff, one of the owner-partners at Betz. Marc was the lead point person on my first design-build of a gunite pool, and we have had an excellent working relationship over the past 15 years.

Betz is, in my view and after significant due diligence, the best design-build, turnkey pool & landscape (both hard and soft landscape) firms in Ontario.

They are excellent at listening to clients' needs and demands at the initial planning stage and can provide complete turnkey solutions for creative and well-built pools, as well as all supporting hard and soft landscapes.

There is no doubt that Betz is not "cheap" nor a discount contractor. They may in fact be at a premium. Having said that, in my due diligence their premium is both reasonable and valuable as they have decades and decades of experience in building all types of inground pools.

I have found my experience with Betz to be outstanding across the organization. Their pool construction team are both courteous and neat, respecting the need at the end of each construction day to keep the immediate site as well as neighbours' properties as clean and tidy as possible under construction conditions.

There are a lot of bells and whistles that can be added to the back garden and swimming pool. I have found Marc Luff and his team to be very reasonable in what they promote and they have a good sense of their client, his or her needs as well as budget so as to provide clients with the best solution for a given budget.

I think Betz has consistently done an excellent job at executing the design and construction of our 3 pools and hard landscapes on time and on budget (always, however, weather dependent ... even Betz can't control bad weather days).

The construction of both pools and hard/soft landscapes is a very big expense in the context of a home and can add priceless enjoyment to a home. Consequently, great construction and design is not enough. Unless your a "do it yourself person" and have the time to do it (which I am not and do not), the ongoing service and maintenance of the pool and pool equipment is crucial for the ongoing enjoyment of your garden.

Brian Lilleberg at Betz on the service side is excellent and has provided me with "platinum" level service to trouble shoot and problem solve when issues arise.

Overall, I think Betz Pools is outstanding. And I like the fact that the management team is constantly trying to improve the quality and level of service.

This is a very significant investment. I've had plenty of people come to see our pool and back garden landscape as I'm happy to be a reference and source of referral business for Betz.

Mitchell Golden from North York
Mitchell Golden from North York
1 review North York, ON

Pool/Landscaping

My pool is nine years old, and to this day the guy in charge of the job still calls me to ask permission to show my property to new clients.....Never had an issue that wasn't resolved in a timely manner. First class all the way!

G from Ajax
G from Ajax
2 reviews ,

Pond & landscaping

We heard nothing but rave reviews from friends who had their backyard oasis realized by Betz Pools so we decided to contact them about building a pond in our back yard, along with several other companies. We decided on Betz for our landscaping project and can’t say enough about the professionalism of the company from inception to completion.

Our back yard was transformed from dream to reality. We had a picture in mind but when Betz presented their ideas, we were amazed. The work was completed on time; the workers were knowledgeable, courteous and worked long hours to complete the project. We were so pleased with the results of the back yard that we had them come back a second time to landscape the front yard. Pool company, yes, but landscaping is second nature to them. We’ve had endless compliments on both designs and we would not hesitate to recommend Betz Pools.

Install inground pool, build large freestanding cabana, install extensive stone hardscaping, build cedar fence and gate, install exerior lighting and irrigation, and complete landscaping

We absolutely love our new pool, our backyard, and our cabana/poolhouse. For the past two years, we've used them virtually every day from early April until late October. We had an extremely satisfying experience with Betz. From the design process, through costing out the project, to construction and finalization, the people from Betz were helpful, friendly, and knowledgable. As our project manager, Marc Luff was always available to assist. We were also extremely impressed with a number of Betz's subtrades (notably, Driftwood Construction and Stone Valley Landscaping, as well as Spectral Lighting and Phazer Electric), whose excellent work and friendly and skilled personnel made the job smoother and much more pleasant. Their choice of first-rate subtrades reflected very well on Betz as a company. The service (maintenance, cleaning, follow-up, etc.) that we have received since the completion of the pool has also been excellent.

F/M in Markham
F/M in Markham

Pool and Landscaping

I just want to thank Marc and the Betz team for an outstanding job on our pool construction. From the very first meeting with Marc it was clear these guys knew what they were talking about. We had interviewed several large pool companies but felt most comfortable with Betz. Their reputation as a quality pool company was upheld. I have recommend them to several close friends who also went with Betz. When small issues arose they were always taken care of. Marc was always receptive to finding solutions and making sure we were completely satisfied. From pool construction to after care service Betz pools lived up to their reputation. Thank you guys!

More about Betz Pools

For over 80 years Betz Pools has been Ontario’s premium designer and builder of custom in-ground concrete & vinyl pools and spas. We also specialize in pool renovation, landscaping, pool service & repairs and are an authorized dealer for Generac standby generators. Betz Pools is now the leading source for turn-key Total Backyard Design Projects and is proud to have scores of regional and national awards to its credit. Betz also operates a swimming pool and spa supplies store with water testing, chemicals, pool toys, accessories, acrylic spas, barbecues and everything you need for backyard fun.

Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs
Swimming pool & spa design and construction ● Landscape design and construction ● Total backyard project design and construction ● Pool & spa renovation ● Indoor pool design and construction ● Pool & spa opening & closing, weekly service, leak detection and repairs ● Turn-key project management ● Permit applications
Superior “Dry Gunite” process on custom concrete pools, spas & water features ● Superior “X-brace” construction on custom vinyl pools ● Premium Pebble Crete and selection of crushed aggregate interior finishes ● Selection of unique glass and porcelain tiles ● Proprietary techniques for infinity, zero edge and perimeter overflow pools & spas ● Custom tanning shelves/toddler play areas, underwater benches & swimouts ● Finest quality Wiarton Eramosa flagstone for coping, patios and ledgerock walls ● Selection of premium materials for patios & decks (natural flagstone, architectural stamped concrete, acid etched concrete, interlocking stone/brick, Ipe hardwood) ● Custom rock features, sheer descent waterfalls and water accents ● Leading-edge design, craftsmanship and materials for custom structures (cabanas, outdoor kitchens, pergolas, shade structures, outdoor living rooms, patio walkouts, landscaping screens, retaining walls) ● Unique custom design and materials for railings, fences & gates (glass, Ipe hardwood, cedar, composites, wrought iron) ● Custom built-in natural gas fire features ● Custom irrigation and LED night lighting systems ● State-of-the-art Jandy control systems
1940