Betz Pools

DAn Zbacnik in North york
DAn Zbacnik in North york
1 review NORTH YORK, ON

Custom Pool build and Landscaping

This project was a disaster. They "completed" the work this year which is 3 years after they started. (in quotes because it's still not 100% complete). In all fairness however, we were using the pool in the first summer. They sold too many projects and couldn't deliver on these.

As timelines started slipping, I started withholding payments. That was one way of getting some attention from them. They immediately put a lien on my house. A clear abuse of power on their part as I was paying when they completed work. I always intended to pay and I did. So the legal process was additional expense I really didn't appreciate. Good way to treat your customers!

Betz uses contracts for most of the work. After speaking to a few of these folks, it's clear that Betz negotiates them to a very low cost and Betz takes a very high mark-up. The contractors are left cutting corners to make money off the deal.

After 3 years, I'm still having issues with my irrigation system and my backyard deck glass railings. I now have a worse irrigation system than when I started. The company for the railings is completely unresponsive and even Betz can't get them to get back to us. We decided to take matters in our own hands since nothing was moving with Betz. They only respond when they want their money.

They finally removed the lien on the house and we came to an agreement on the total cost.

I DO NOT recommend Betz to anyone. If you use them it's because of the reputation they have built and are quickly eroding.

Save some money and use anyone else!

Mr. Z: We are very sorry that you are disappointed by your experience with Betz. It was especially difficult for pool construction in the spring of 2011. Environment Canada recorded it as one of the wettest on record. In spite of this, we were relieved that your pool was open for swimming by the end of June (we had promised you mid-June). We do admit there were some difficulties with the project, but wish to point out that some of them were the result of you requesting changes after the plans had been approved and the installation commenced. We are pleased now that the project is complete and a satisfactory resolution has been reached. Frank Blanchet, Betz Pools

Jonathan in North york
Jonathan in North york
5 reviews North York, ON

General Pool Maintenance

THey do my pool opening and closing and weekly maintenance. No complaints although sometimes they rush the job and I have had them come back to reclean. (When I have complained, they come right back, no questions asked).

Would highly recommend them for your pool.

Ron Carlton in Stouffville
Ron Carlton in Stouffville
1 review Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

Concrete Pool

Betz constructed our concrete pool to the exact shape and size we wanted. Thanks to Betz, we have enjoyed years of fun and entertaining in our back yard with the focus being the pool

Review has 1 previous version
jennifer in the gta
jennifer in the gta
24 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Water Analysis & product

Always professional and courteous. Sometimes more expensive but you get what you pay for...we had recently had a less then positive experience with another pool company and following that negative experience would definitely be willing to pay more for quality and to support local businesses.

Steven in Caledon in Caledon east
Steven in Caledon in Caledon east
4 reviews TERRA COTTA, ON

Pool maintenance

Pool restoration plus regular bi-weekly maintenance. They are very professional. They have been responsive and dependable. The pool restoration work was fairly significant and their work was high quality. For the ongoing maintenance, they keep our pool chemicals balanced so their are rarely problems.

More about Betz Pools

For over 80 years Betz Pools has been Ontario’s premium designer and builder of custom in-ground concrete & vinyl pools and spas. We also specialize in pool renovation, landscaping, pool service & repairs and are an authorized dealer for Generac standby generators. Betz Pools is now the leading source for turn-key Total Backyard Design Projects and is proud to have scores of regional and national awards to its credit. Betz also operates a swimming pool and spa supplies store with water testing, chemicals, pool toys, accessories, acrylic spas, barbecues and everything you need for backyard fun.

Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs
Swimming pool & spa design and construction ● Landscape design and construction ● Total backyard project design and construction ● Pool & spa renovation ● Indoor pool design and construction ● Pool & spa opening & closing, weekly service, leak detection and repairs ● Turn-key project management ● Permit applications
Superior “Dry Gunite” process on custom concrete pools, spas & water features ● Superior “X-brace” construction on custom vinyl pools ● Premium Pebble Crete and selection of crushed aggregate interior finishes ● Selection of unique glass and porcelain tiles ● Proprietary techniques for infinity, zero edge and perimeter overflow pools & spas ● Custom tanning shelves/toddler play areas, underwater benches & swimouts ● Finest quality Wiarton Eramosa flagstone for coping, patios and ledgerock walls ● Selection of premium materials for patios & decks (natural flagstone, architectural stamped concrete, acid etched concrete, interlocking stone/brick, Ipe hardwood) ● Custom rock features, sheer descent waterfalls and water accents ● Leading-edge design, craftsmanship and materials for custom structures (cabanas, outdoor kitchens, pergolas, shade structures, outdoor living rooms, patio walkouts, landscaping screens, retaining walls) ● Unique custom design and materials for railings, fences & gates (glass, Ipe hardwood, cedar, composites, wrought iron) ● Custom built-in natural gas fire features ● Custom irrigation and LED night lighting systems ● State-of-the-art Jandy control systems
1940