Carpet Mill

Kristin from Toronto
Kristin from Toronto
5 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Laminate flooring

We are very pleased with the service and product we got at Carpet Mill. We purchased laminate flooring for our main floor and they gave us great advice on installing it ourselves. It was very reasonably priced, looks almost exactly like hardwood and we get compliments on it all the time. We went back a few months later to get our basement carpeted. Again, the price was very reasonable and the job was done effectively and efficiently.

Thank You Kristin, it was a pleasure serving you and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Gina Fortsas from Toronto
Gina Fortsas from Toronto

Carpet installation - stairs

Great service from start to finish. A friend of mine recommended Carpet Mill to me. Excellent service! Excellent selection! Excellent price! Excellent installation. The installer arrived on time and did an amazing job. I am very pleased with my carpet and will recommend you to all my family and friends.

Thank you Gina! Were very pleased to help you

Fleming in Toronto
Fleming in Toronto

Carpet & Installation

We initially used Carpet Mill to replace and install carpet on our second floor when we bought our house 2 years ago. They were able to meet our tight timeline to install before we moved in.
This past summer after we renovated our basement, Carpet Mill was the only company we considered. They are friendly, helpful, and direct. Due to contractor issues, we had to reschedule several times, but they were always accommodating. And when we needed to make a fix to the concrete underneath the carpet after install, they were kind enough to come back to lift the carpet up for us at no charge. Great customer service, professional and trusted.

We appreciate the kind review! Hope to serve you again in the future

Nancy from Toronto
Nancy from Toronto

Basement Carpet

We used the Carpet Mill in the Summer of 2009 to install new basement carpeting and underlay. 3 years later it still looks awesome.

The installers arrived bright and early, and worked all day, barely taking breaks. We live in an old Victoria house and they spent a lot of time with the underlay to make sure that it would camouflage the uneven stair treads and wonky basement floor.

The carpet we chose has a grid pattern to it and they seamed it off site and matched the lines exactly. They left us generous remnants, which we ended up needing 2 years later and were very grateful for.

We were very happy with them 3 years ago on the install, and can vouch that their workmanship has stood up. I have recommended them to several friends and everyone has been very happy with them as well. I will definitely return.

Hugo from Toronto
Hugo from Toronto

Carpet Installation

Great experience from start to finish - helpful sales staff, quick turn-around for measurements and installation, and actually really flexible with my own need to postpone installation due to delays in renovation project. Installation was done extremely well, including a few technically challenging areas where the technicians showed their expertise by solving the problems beautifully. I would buy future floorings from this company.

It was our pleasure to help you Hugo, challenging areas are quite common in this line of work

Andreea
Andreea

Carpet installation

I had to have new carpet installed on my stairs (39 steps, Hollywood style). I was thrilled to find wool carpets at Carpet Mill (look natural, elegant, do not smell like plastic, and biodegradable after you throw them out in so many years). As I found a large enough wool carpet leftover for the surface area of my stairs, I also ended up buying the wool carpet at a cheaper price, almost equal to a synthetic carpet. The installation went very smooth and was very professionally done. I am very satisfied with the work and the two installers, Joe and Jason, did a great job!

Eric O. in Toronto
Eric O. in Toronto
3 reviews East York, ON

Carpet Installation

Installation - okay
Customer service - poor

I had a carpet installed by this company because it was one of the few locations that is located in Toronto (vs driving to Vaughan). The experience seemed fine until I wasted the better part of my day waiting for their installer.

The first issue is that the installer did not show up during the agreed upon time and it was not until late within the appointment that the Carpet Mill office called me telling me that they had somebody call in sick that day. We had to reschedule (which costed me more time off work = more hours I had to make up later). We rescheduled for later during the day and STILL, the installer did not show up. I called the Carpet Mill back and they told me that the installer would be about an hour late. Finally the installer showed up and the time that he told me that it would take to install was twice that of what the office told me. I ended up losing more time at home waiting for the installers to finish. It wasn't until my contractor put the baseboards in that I realized that the carpet installer did not do a great job cutting the underpad - there is one small section that is too low and my contractor suggests that this is the case because the underpad was not cut cleanly (i.e. 95% good, 5% bad but I can still see that 5% section).

I think it's completely double standard that I have to uphold my end of the appointment but the company can get away with not abiding by the agreed upon time.

They did say 'sorry' over the phone. If this is good enough for you, I guess you can use this company. I think it's a dirty business practice.

LindsayS from Toronto
LindsayS from Toronto

Laminate for Kitchen Floor

This has been one of the very worst customer service experiences I have ever had. From start to finishing dealing with the Carpet Mill has been a nightmare. The good reviews on here must be from their fmaily and friends.

We were having the laminate in our kitchen replaced to preparing to sell our home. We went into Carpet Mill and picked the floor we wanted, placed a deposit, and booked a time. Shortly afterwards one of their staff came to check the measurements. This man was incredibly rude and even cut a hole in our exisiting laminate (which we were eventually charged extra to repair.) After this the manager Lindsay called us to inform us that the he did not have a enough of the flooring we already put a deposit on- and we would need to come pick out something more expensive. Turned out the "measure guy" was putting the laminate in places we has not asked for (behind fridge and stove) but by this point they sold the flooring we put a deposit on.

When the installers came they immediately started yelling at me when I opened the door. Screaming that I was responsible for their parking (we have street parking- this is downtown Toronto) and were extremely hostile and threatned to leave.

The installation of the floor was very poorly done. Air bubbles, crinckles- just awful. In fact when we attempted tp put that fridge and stove back the floor bunched and tore because the skim coating had not been done properly. Carpet Mill took no responsibility for this and charged us an astronimical fee to fix this. The air bubbles and crinckles were not fixed of course.

I would caution anyone from using this very sleazy company. Work is poor and they find underhanded ways to increase your costs.

Unfortunately, we are forced to defend ourselves in light of these unfair allegations. Beginning with the measurement, it is always our policy to thoroughly inspect the areas that we are installing. Part of this inspection includes an assessment of the stability of the existing floor that we’re installing over. If there are imperfections underneath that are showing through the surface, we must lift (not cut in this case) a portion to assess how to provide a professional installation. In this situation (where the existing floor is being replaced) it is of no relevance to dispute lifting a small portion for inspection since the floor was either being removed or installed over. We’ve measured all areas in the same fashion successfully for 20 years and the gentleman that does the measures is a favorite among our clients and designers. Perhaps when the inspection was conducted it was more a misunderstanding of the proper methods than a fault to our associate’s character.
Addressing the issue of the vinyl, we stock remnants for a reduced price to make products more affordable to our customers. In this case a cut of 30FT was for sale, 22FT was sold to a PREVIOUS customer leaving 8FT for sale. Since this customer’s measurements were inaccurate at 8FT, we found we needed 9’6” after the measurement, this left us short of that product and we were forced to qualify the customer to another similar product. Also, since the product is dropped in one piece it doesn’t save any material to NOT install under the fridge and stove. To suggest that our company acted poorly here would be to suggest that any customer looking to purchase 8FT from a 30FT remnant would have to buy the whole piece and waste 2/3 of it. To accuse us of “finding underhanded ways to increase costs“ is unfair and offensive since we go to such lengths to make things more affordable for our customers....
Furthermore, we find it ridiculous that the installer would come to a residence home and “IMMEDIATELY “begin yelling, seems quite odd that this particular installer has successfully worked in homes for us for 8 years issue free....As important to note that we have NEVER encountered another customer so unreasonable as to not allow us to use their parking spot to unload our tools and materials to do the installation unless it was absolutely not possible. This claim alone to us denounces any reservations about our company image through the eyes of this customer...Although it is downtown Toronto and parking issues can be difficult, it is totally unreasonable that our installer would “find street parking “up to several blocks away and physically carry all the materials and tools by hand...With all of the problems and difficulties we face and overcome, this has NEVER been one of them. Perhaps this accounts for some level of the installer’s frustration....
Finally with regards to the floor damage, we charge our customer a small fee of $80 to move appliances carefully before and after the installation is finished...In this case the customer chose to wave this fee and move the appliances themselves. Unfortunately, THEY damaged the floor in the process. Our “astronomical “fee to come and repair damage we didn’t cause was $150 and typically this would get treated as a minimum charge of $250 to fix. The only buckling and bubbling came from a 300lb appliance being moved improperly across a freshly glued floor by the customer. If this was indeed our error of installation, why would the customer ever of agreed to pay even the $150 for us to repair?? Obviously they are admitting that they are at fault for the damage. Inherently, when the installation was finished why would the customer have paid the balance in full on site immediately following the installation if the job was in fact “ just awful “ with air bubbles and crinkles visible on the floor. We encourage all of our customers to fully inspect the job before they pay. In this case the job was done correctly by our team, there was only an issue after the customer improperly moved their appliances back...A floor would never be torn from moving appliances on it as a result of “ the skim coating being done improperly “ since the skim coating is only used to level out imperfections on the subfloor beneath...
This customer received the same above and beyond service that we offer all our clients, these inaccuracies and allegations are clearly exposed when the details of the transaction are fully elaborated...

More about Carpet Mill

Carpet Mill is the company to call if you are looking for Carpet & Rug Retailers, Floor Retailers, Floor Laying & Refinishing, Carpet Installers

Whether you are thinking of resurfacing one room, a set of stairs or your entire home, we’ll help you find the right product for the job. Be it carpet, laminate, hardwood, cork, area rugs or runners – just drop by our 10,000 square – foot showroom, located in the heart of Riverdale at 469 Carlaw Avenue. It would be our pleasure to assist you.
________________________________________________