The Chesterfield Shop Ltd

Reviews for The Chesterfield Shop Ltd

Silhouette_Queen in Concord
Silhouette_Queen in Concord

Comfortable and Looks amazing

After looking around for a few days at different stores, I stumbled across The Chesterfield Store in the Mississauga area. Was greated with a warm welcoming, and was able to look around without being disturbed. Was told every item was available in fabric or leather, which benefited me because what I liked was shown in leather. After looking at a large book with different fabrics I found a nice grey to go with my current decorated items in my home. I was able to choose a second fabric for my pillows and did not cost me extra to do so. I liked the help I got so I decided to buy that day. It was a good deal in my opinion because its made here in Canada and sits nicely for me as I am not to tall and have short legs. The cushions are nice and can be moved around which I like. Everything was written and explained to me afterwards including the time I had to wait (6 weeks) however was worth the wait. Thank you to the salesman and the manager who helped him and I both

Private User reviews Caledon, ON

Couch Purchase

Ordered couches 1 year before our closing date. The couches were delayed two weeks after our closing date. I enquired before delivery out of curiosity and they had ordered the wrong couches. I was promised a solution and didn't receive one. They gladly with no hesitation gave me my deposit back. I now have a fully furnished house and an empty family room. Thanks a lot the chesterfield shop

hhhyrax in Concord
hhhyrax in Concord

sofa purchase

We purchased a couch from the Chesterfield Shop on Dufferin, and paid for "deluxe delivery" which, we were informed, included delivery and setup. When the couch arrived, the delivery persons demanded an additional $100 for "disassembly and assembly", which involved removing four bolts, carrying the sofa upstairs, and screwing the bolts back in again. Total time, 4-5 minutes. When we complained to the store, we were told that the charge was a standard one, and that we should have been told about it at the time of purchase. As they admitted fault on the part of the salesperson, we should have been entitled to a $100 refund. Which they categorically refused to do. It seems to me that if an error is the fault of the store, the store should not be charging the customer for it.

RobN in Concord
RobN in Concord

Sofa

I hope you are reading this review before purchasing anything from this store. Purchasing furniture is expensive and is not something you are doing frequently. You will not afford to learn the lesson. Stay away from Chesterfield furniture or you will regret.
I decided on purchasing a sofa from this store despite their high price because I was told their stuffs are all Canadian and are made in Canada. The sales guy also seemed to be nice. It turned out the guy was nice only to the time when I paid the deposit and the fact that the furniture is all Canadian may not be necessarily true. However, the problem was of different nature. I was told by the sales guy that the delivery time is around 4 to 5 weeks. In the 6th week, hearing nothing about the ordered item, I made a call to the store. They told me it will take at least another 5 weeks with no warranty! The sales guy rudely tough me how to read the fine print in the invoice telling a custom order is non-cancellable and does not have delivery date guaranteed. There was nothing custom in my sofa other than the color we chose! This was another trick they get you into a sh*ty contract. The guy told me the manufacturer may have some delay for materials delivery from China. He may have told another BSH now about the material delivery or then about their stuffs are all Canadian. I have read now from tons of people having the same problem with Chesterfield furniture. Again, DO NOT BY ANYTHING FROM THIS STORE! The sales guy was Randy D.

Bought a set of leather sofa

The Chesterfield Shop not only produces good quality leather sofa, they also stand behind their products and provide excellent customer services.
We bought a set of leather sofa (sectional and loveseat) from the Chesterfield Shop in early 2014. There was a minor wrinkle problem with the loveseat. We reported this sofa condition to them a week ago (Oct 2015) and they quickly dispatched a technician to resolve the problem to our satisfaction. We always enjoy what we buy from the Chesterfield Shop and it is a very pleasant experience to interact with their staff.

ofung from Concord
ofung from Concord

Sofa

After an initial misunderstanding for a sofa purchase with a salesman in the Mississauga store, I wrote to Mr. Freedman, President of the Chesterfield shop about the problem. He was able to rectify the issue very quickly and to my satisfaction. The sofa was delivered six weeks later as per time estimate. I am happy with the sofa, it's well made and is good value for the money. Everyone from the office to the delivery person was pleasant to deal with.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Couch

Do not purchase any products from this useless place. Placed an order early july with the intent of waiting 6-8 weeks its been exactly 3 months still no couch. Instead ive been given the run around despite calls , and numerous visits to the Mississauga location. DO NOT let the kind salesmen fool you! But then again what salesman do you trust? 7 months pregnant and im sure the baby will be born before i sit on this couch. According to the store refunds not granted on custom made couches which is absolute BS if no delivery has been taken , and better yet i cant get a clear update as to what is going on with the couch. I was offered a "loaner" couch , but that just isnt going to cut it based on the fact that i live in a condo spacing is very small, and options for couches are limited based on sizing and what will fit. My personal recommendation is to STAY AWAY from this place and research ahead of time the "lovely sales staff" are only concerned about your money. DO NOT BUY ANY PRODUCTS FROM HERE!!

Private User reviews Newmarket, ON

Service, product

What a mistake. Purchased a sofa bed and was offered an upgraded mattress. The Simmons signature gel foam mattress was suggested by the sales rep as an excellent mattress if using the bed on a regular basis.
Recently I noticed black/blue spots appearing on the bottom of the mattress it looks like mold. I contacted the store and was told by Earl that this was normal and it was the gel beads in the bed. Normal!!
This is a defect and the mattress had a 7 year limited warranty but the store refuses to do anything about it.
What a big mistake buying from the Chesterfield Shop

nedja from Concord
nedja from Concord

sofa set for our new house

After looking for a while my fiance and I decided to buy our Leather sofa and chair from Chesterfield Shop. OMG what a mistake.
They Delivered our furniture Damaged. After calling the store first was told to send a picture which is fair. after waiting for almost 2 weeks to hear back from them finally I decided to call them. Was told a technician will call me to come and see the sofa. waiting for another 2 weeks for be contacted and got tired of waiting and called now this a month after purchasing the furniture waiting for a tech to come and see the furniture to be told they have to take the sofa from our house to be fixed and that will take a few weeks. which means no furniture. finally they decided to exchange it with their floor model because to order a new one will take 8 weeks which means they have to take back our sofa till we get a new one! WHICH IS NOT FAIR AT ALL.
THEY SEND US THEIR FLOOR MODEL WITH NO DISCOUNT AND WHEN WE GOT THE SOFA IT WAS DAMAGED AGAIN AND NOW THEY DON'T OFFER ANY WARRANTY ON IT ! WORSE FURNITURE STORE TO SPEND YOUR MONEY AT .

More about The Chesterfield Shop Ltd

The Chesterfield Shop. . . Your Leather and Fabric Superstore & More! Since 1948, this family owned and operated chain of Leather, Fabric and Home Theatre seating superstores, has been prouding serving generations of satisfied customers who keep coming back again and again for the great selection, quality, service and ...
Looking for Furniture pros in Concord?