D'angelo & Sons

D'angelo & Sons

Reviews for D'angelo & Sons

Thom in Mississauga
Thom in Mississauga

So disappointed with this company's service level

Asked for a quote on installing deicing cables. Customer Service said I'd have to pay $149 to have them come out and take a look. I agreed, as our neighbour was satisfied with work that D'Angelo had done. When they came out, the roofers ("techs" as they're called) and the sales manager arrived, climbed up on the roof, bounced up and down and pronounced my roof as needing to be repaired/replaced. I reminded them that they were here to give an estimate for installing deicing cables (not fixing the roof!) and they said "yeah, we can do that ... here's the price".

I then called a couple of months later to ask them to proceed, which they did. Only difference is that it was now a "labour only" job, as I had purchased the deicing cables and a control myself. [A friend and I had planned to do the installation ourselves - not difficult except for the height! - but my friend got sick and I needed this work done to prevent another winter of ice damming ...]

So, I signed the contract on Nov 5 (same day the contract was sent to me) and although only 50% was supposed to be charged to my Visa as deposit, D'Angelo Customer Service charged the full amount. They corrected this a week later when I brought it to their attention.

The installation of the cables and control was done on Dec 11 and my Visa was billed that day for the balance due (less the $149 + tax for the initial "quote").

Over the next month or so, I noticed that the cables were not melting anything on the edge of the roof. They only operate when the control senses temperature below 4 degrees C and there is running water in the eavestrough - in other words, when ice damming conditions exist. There were plenty of times when we had those conditions and there was no ice melting.

I called in January to let our sales rep, Phil, know the cables weren't working and he said he would have Shaun the tech/installer come by to take a look. No follow up by D'Angelo. I had even purchased an extra control in case the control was the problem, so when Shaun does arrive to check things out, we can quickly troubleshoot the problem. Anyway, on Feb 13 - I emailed Phil again. Again, he said he would ask Shaun to come by. Crickets. I emailed Phil one more time on Feb 20. Same response and same (lack of) follow up.
So, I decided to call head office on March 6 to see if I got better results. I spoke to a fellow named Jesse (in Customer Service, I'm guessing) and he assured me that he would check in with Phil and Shaun and get to the bottom of this right away. I expressed my concern that with temperatures warming up, they're running out of time to have ice damming conditions for proper troubleshooting, so they can see if the control is working or not. Want to guess the response? NOTHING ... and it's three days later ... and counting.

I am so disappointed that I chose D'Angelo to do this work. I'm hoping that someone at their head office reads this and gets in touch with me. Not sure how else to get their attention?

D'Angelo is very prompt at collecting money (at times, ahead of when they're entitled to), and appear to not be very interested in fully earning the money they're paid. In my opinion, they appear to be more interested in chasing new money than in completing the work for which they have already been paid. Totally unacceptable. I am a very reasonable consumer and have even explained that if the control (which I purchased) is at fault - and not the installation - then I'll pay them for their time ... but I have run out of patience with these guys.

Bottom line - for those who read reviews - if you believe that your installation will go perfectly (or what you believe is perfect) - then go with D'Angelo. If you think there may be some follow up needed - and how will you know ahead of time? - then, I would not recommend you go with them.

By the way, as a final comment - their vehicles all say "free quote". But that's not true. I asked for a quote and D'Angelo's Customer Service rep said I would have to pay for them to come out. So, what is it - free quote or paid quote? Call D'Angelo to get clarity for yourself ... or better still, don't call them at all.

Never going to use D'Angelo again and suggest you don't either ...

Andrew in Guelph
Andrew in Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

Helpful at older home

I've had a very good experience working with Tom (our salesman) so far. Even though the work has not yet been done (scheduled for a few weeks from now) he has been knowledgeable about the work and more professional than some of the other roofing teams I have consulted with. He's also been accommodating of my schedule and been patient in answering my questions about how to handle the job on my older home (1880's) which includes some original woodwork in the areas where his team will be working.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are incredibly happy to hear you've had a great experience with D'Angelo & Sons. We look forward to working on your upcoming project!

Heather in Hamilton
Heather in Hamilton
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

Above and beyond

I have been so impressed with the service at D'Angelo. David in the Hamilton location has truly gone above and beyond to make sure I understand the project, recommend honestly what I do and don't need, and even came out personally to temporarily repair some weak areas in my roof before a big storm (before they started the job!) so I wouldn't have any leaks in the meantime.

Thank you so much for the positive feed back! We are incredibly happy to hear you had a great experience with D'Angelo & Sons!

Blue in Toronto
Blue in Toronto
0 reviews Laurel, ON

Very sorry to choose them

They are totally unprofessional and they are the worst in service, they never complete the work and charge you without consent, arrogant team. our roof still as is. now I have to admit that choosing them was big mistake.

Hello, we're happy to discuss the problems you had with our company. You can reach us at our head office at (905)387-3000 or by emailing us with more detail at info@dangeloandsons.com

StephG in Hamilton
StephG in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Read This Before You Get Work Done With D'Angelo

****READ THIS BEFORE YOU GET WORK WITH D'Angelo!!****

Let’s start with the basic background. I am a first time home owner and a young female. Earlier this year the home I had just purchased was leaking into my attic and into my spare bedroom. I called a lot of places, but only D’Angelo got back to me. My boss had given them a recommendation so I thought - what could go wrong?

The roof cost me 18K - the house is less than 900 sq feet.
The front eavestroughs cost me an additional 2K

I was quoted with such a high cost due to it being “2-3 days of work”. I was shocked on a Saturday when I stepped out for a couple hours to do some running around, that the roof had been done in this time. As you can see with the front part, it still looked old so I didn’t even know the roof had been done until a conversation with the receptionist at D'Angelo days later - they needed to remove the bin off my lawn had kept blocking them in.

After much arguments back and forth, and even an unsuccessful complaint to the BBB (D’Angelo stands behind their work!) - here I am.

In the photos you can see, the front part is still rotten (apparently this wasn’t included in my quote, I’d love to understand how I was supposed to decipher the parts of a roof when I am not a roofer. D’Angelo is blaming me for not knowing this and thus standing behind their work).

What is absolutely worse is that I have had them out TWICE to fix the eaves and it is no better. I had the work done in the first place due to the water leaking onto my front porch and it being a safety hazard. Well, the second time they came and said the front part that is rotten - this is why it’s still leaking. I brought another roofer in who said they did a terrible job as the water is pooling in this area and thus leaking.

Do NOT use these guys. They took advantage of me and I was left with a 20K bill and STILL a nice little ice hazard in the cold months.

Barb in Toronto
Barb in Toronto

Ice Jam/Roof and Wall Damage

Big Should out to Dave of the Hamilton Office. After my kitchen renovation Contractor found the damage due to an ice jam situation, Dave was at my home that afternoon to assess the problem and identify the required work. Am happy to say that the work will be done on Monday and my kitchen renovation timeline will not be affected. Thank you Dave!

Hi Barb, thanks for the great review. We're so glad D'Angelo and Sons was able to accommodate your schedule and repair the problem!

Doug in Kitchener
Doug in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Great job on my roof guy's did a great job very professional and fast all done in one day cleaned up after themselves very friendly would recommend them very highly

Thanks for taking the time to share your prestige opinion on D’Angelo & Sons. We take pride in giving outstanding service every customers and we're overjoyed to receive your compliments and appreciation. We hope to see you again

John in Toronto
John in Toronto

Good and quick replacement of house siding vents

Steve F. did a great job consulting and then doing the work to replace two side vents that had suffered from damage by critters. It was good working with him and we will surely call D'Angelo again when the need arises!

John,

Thank you so much for the great review! We are happy to hear you had a great experience are 100% satisfied!! We look forward to working with you in the future!

D'Angelo & Sons

Colleen  in Hamilton
Colleen in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

I had a great experience with installing my new eavetroughs and fascias. Fantastic workmanship and very professional. Gary my installer was outstanding and very professional and humorous. Thank you Gary for a topnotch day

Outstanding workwomanship. Great experience with installing my eavetroughs and fascias.
Thank you Gary for an outstanding job and humorous day.
I would recommend this company for great price and workmanship.
Cheers Colleen

Colleen,
Thank you, We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this review. Our company values put customer satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to our customers. Its customers like you that make our job wonderful. We look forward to serving you again!

More about D'angelo & Sons

More than 30 years ago, John D’Angelo started his company out of the back of his truck. To support his growing family, John specialized in aluminum work, and later expanded to include siding installation. With the help of his sons, now fully grown, John has expanded to offer a full ...
Looking for Siding pros in Hamilton?