David Snell Building Services Ltd.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
3361 Fenwick Cres Mississauga ON L5L 5N4

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
David Snell Building Services Ltd.

Reviews for David Snell Building Services Ltd.

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Window installed

We had our windows and sliding door installed by Davids company. One window was not square. The cranks on all windows were prematurely wearing down.(metal shavings were coming out). David said these were the best you could get. He said they would be replaced but even after years nothing has happened. There is moisture build up on the bottom on all the windows he installed. His response was there is to much humidity in your house. But my sliding door(new), basement window(old) and my windows on my front door(old). Have no moisture build up at the same time. Now we have noticed a draft coming from under one of our windows(another install issue). Once again David said he would get someone to come and fix. But, still nothing. If you want a company to install windows quickly this is your company. Be careful of the quality of work and if you have any issues he will not support you as a valued customer.

Private User reviews , ON

Eves, windows and doors

We had Dave’s company do our evestrough and then a few years later our windows. I don’t have any complaints. His workmen are hardworking and treat your house like it’s their own. Quality of product is good too. I have recommended him to others and would use him again. oh and his prices are excellent.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Eavestrough install

Doesn't honor warrnty. Got eavestrough installed 3 years ago and I have leaks in almost every corner. Called Davids office over and over with no response. Shotty job. Never again will I use this company.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Doesn't stand behind his work

We have used David Snell twice to install windows and doors for us. The first time the window installation and quality was okay, but the door installations - front door and fire safety door to the garage never operated the way they were supposed to. We used him a second time for windows only. The windows were supposed to be the same as the first job, but the finishing was poor on several of the windows. David tried to fix the problem but couldn't. He would have had to replace the windows and he didn't want to do that. In the end, we were very unhappy with the results. We had withheld the 10% of his fee while he tried to fix it. In the end he just put the charge through on our credit card without our approval and without fixing the problem to our satisfaction. He offered no sort of discount or any other compensation. He might come in with good pricing to win the job but we will definitely not be hiring him again.

Careful who you HIRE

We had this company do the roofing in our Condo Comples...10 years into a 20 year warranty (and paper work stated IKO 20 year warranty)they had to be re-done and David Snell would not honour it saying we had to provide a "copy" of the warranty from IKO ...WHO GETS WARRANTY DOCUMENTATION FROM MANUFACTURER. We dealt with David Snell, we paid David Snell and he had hoped the Board would not have copies of his invoices etc. because HE DENIED EVEN HAVING DONE THE WORK, we DID have copies and he still would not honour warranty, we had to go elsewhere and pay full price. WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN. GET AS MUCH DOCUMENTATION AND CONFIRMATION THEY WILL HONOUR IT IN WRITING.

B in Toronto
B in Toronto

Great Stuff

David Snell and staff have worked on our home 3-4 times now. Always excellent service. This time Steve and co-worker removed the aluminum siding, wrapped the second story in Atlas Energy Shield insulation and covered it all with heavy vinyl siding. Those two are craftsmen, we were after more comfort in the home but it looks awesome.
The second floor is noticeably warmer now. And it will take a while to get used to the new look, it's that nice.
Thanks

Thank you for your review! We're happy to have provided you with great service on your needs!

Sher in Mississauga
Sher in Mississauga

Good local contractor.....repeat customer!

We have used David Snell Building Services for quite a few of our home renovations including windows, patio doors, garage doors, shutters, front entrance and side door. The service was prompt and excellent quality. Even though we had a recent problem with our front door glass fogging, they removed the glass and had it resealed.

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Sher, thank you for your review! We love repeat customers, and referrals! Let us know if you need help with anything else and consider it done, with a smile and great service of course!

Joanna R in Brampton
Joanna R in Brampton

Window Install

The window had to be re-installed, the original install was not done correctly. After 11 months my partner is finally smiling. I must say that Tony and Eddy did the best job ever. David did come through on his promise, to have it done correctly.

Review has 2 previous versions
Thomas
Thomas

DOORS

I ordered a new front door and side door on April 6 and was told they would be installed within 5 to 7 weeks. They were actually installed on July 3; more than 12 weeks after they were ordered. I had to continually follow up to find out the status of the installation. On the side door, I had ordered a specific type of glass. I went with David because he had installed it at my daughter's house and no one else seems to have it. When the door was finally installed, it had the wrong glass in it. David told me it was quick fix, and would take care of it. After constant prodding; it finally got installed on August 10th; more than 5 weeks after the door installation. Unfortunately, once again, it was the wrong glass. I told David not to bother replacing it a third time; I was done with him. While waiting for the glass replacement I sent him a text and asked "when are you installing the glass on my side door?" to which he responded "as quick as I can". I followed up with "a specific date would be helpful" to which he responded "trying". These curt comments are neither professional nor helpful. My availability over the summer is limited and I needed a specific date to ensure someone was available. Finally, I paid half the invoice when the door was ordered, with the other half due on completion. One the door had been installed however, and after David knew of the glass needing replacing, he charged my credit card for the second instalment. It was only after I told him I would reverse this payment that he finally sent someone out to change the glass. David told me he was short staffed and this caused the delay. However, all I wanted was a firm date which I had trouble getting. The date he finally gave me was on short notice and not convenient, but I took it to get the job finished. As it turned out, it was a only a 15 minute job. I would not recommend this company.

anne haslett oakville
anne haslett oakville

Windows and Front Entrance Doors and Windows

I have used this company twice now. Not only is the owner a person who really cares about his clients but also the people working for his company installing are caring , clean and sure know their work. I wish more businesses would have these ethics. Thanks all involved including the secretary who is just as nice.
Anne and Chris

Hi Anne, thank you for leaving a review! We love repeat business and we're happy you can see that we really care about our clients, our crew, and the quality of work we do!

905-828-8111

More about David Snell Building Services Ltd.

David D. Snell Building Services Ltd. was established in 1992 with the specific intent to provide homeowners with the best home improvement products, installation and service at the best possible price. We are located in Mississauga, Ontario and locally owned and operated.

Financing available including 6 month no payment option!

We believe very strongly that any homeowner choosing us can do so knowing that we truly want the best for them in every respect.

Here are 10 great reasons to deal with David D. Snell Building Services Ltd.:

- Members of the Better Business Bureau
- Members of S.A.W.D.A.C. (Siding & Window Dealers Association of Canada)
- Fully Licensed & Insured