Future Buildings

Tammy  in Grand Rapids
Tammy in Grand Rapids
1 review Langley, BC

2 Car Garage

Carl Helped me and my husband buy are steel building. I found the customer service to be great. He was not only easy to talk to he understood what we wanted. The building took us a weekend to put up. My husband and his 2 brothers helped. Since we put up the building we have framed the front in and added 2 garage doors as well as a few decorative windows. So far everything is wonderful.

Thank you for the kind words Tammy. Would love to see any pictures you have!

Danielle Nicole in Markham
Danielle Nicole in Markham
1 review Aurora, ON

Great Building, 5 star service

My husband and I purchased a building from Kyle Spellman. He provided us with great customer service every step of the way!

The building arrived and was easy to set up.

I highly recommend Future Steel Buildings to anyone in the market for one.

Thank you Danielle, glad we could help you.

Rob in Markham
Rob in Markham
1 review Harrowsmith, ON

25x48 future steel Bldg

Crap, Bldg plans rejected by bldg permit dept, 3 days to build Ha more like 3 weeks.
Doors, insulation, electrical everything extra will cost you 3-5 times more than a conventional bldg.
Ok for a drive shed or hay barn, but that's it. and unless you tar each row they will leak. contact me if you need to see mine or have any questions.

Matt in Markham
Matt in Markham
1 review Mount Pisgah, NB

Service

This is a very difficult company to work with. They rarely if at all call back once you have purchased and paid for your building. Drawings are not made to your local building code, you must provide THEM with the specifics that need to be changed. If they get it wrong they will threaten with charging you to re-do the drawings. On the same note if your county requires extra details such as a connector plan; they will promise you up front all necessary plans will be provided with the price. NOPE. You will pay extra for that after months of calling and arguing. When they make that sweet deal you are getting on the building they will tell you not to tell anyone how low you are getting it for. They will bring a sales manager on the line to help sweeten the deal and sell you on it. That will be the last time you will ever be able to talk to a manager. Also remember they are in Canada. Go with a local building supplier it will make your life much easier. Buyer beware.....

Private User reviews Lion's Head, ON

future steel building

pressure sales - you purchase and provide payment and then eventually receive the prints which look like they may have been done by a child - but wait the real prints arrive after the building is complete. They don't advise that the baseplates that are truly required to secure and erect the building are not included and come at an additional $5800.00 cost. If you push back they will give them to you for cost $1600.00 - boy that is one heck of a mark up. Pushed back again - told them that I would loose my downpayment and instead of paying and accepting the building would rather pay a lawyer. Apparently that got their attention and they included them as a "gesture of good will" - advised that "customer satisfaction is their guarantee" Really!!!!!!! only after numerous phone call - which by the way you never get a live answer only voice mail and they will call you back. Seems to be a history of bad service and shoddy work ethics. Our building is up and looks as expected but what a hassle. Would have rather gone somewhere else and saved the stressful days and sleepless night!

Rachaels305@gmail.com from Markham
R. 5.
1 review , SK

Steel ag building

I ordered the building in April 2015, received it in June 2015. Paid for it in full. Due to lack of funds, construction couldn't be started until August 2015. Once the contractor started putting it together, they realized it was short two pieces. I contacted the company, it had been longer than 60 days since deliveries so I had to pay for the pieces. OK, I understand, I paid for the pieces. It's been almost a week since I paid for them and they still have not even shipped. We need these pieces as we are having heavy rain storms and we cannot finish the roof without them. According to the sales rep, there is a "process", and things need to be sent to engineering, and they only just received the plans today almost a week after I paid for them. I asked them to ship it with two day shipping, and was advised I would need to pay the difference of almost $200. He told me they would ship out today or tomorrow. Then I have to wait another week to receive them. I've already paid for these replacements that were supposed to have already shipped with the building Kit. After paying for parts twice, and paying for shipping twice, I don't see why they can't expedite the shipping when it was their mistake to begin with. I have a need for two additional steel buildings in the next 12 to 18 months, will definitely not be buying them from this company.

Rick  from WINDHAM CENTRE
Rick from WINDHAM CENTRE
1 review Windham Centre, ON

Future Steel Buildings

I purchased a ( discounted building ) and then found out about extras that were required to complete construction but not included - base plate 1200 anchors 200 caulking - still trying to locate butyl rubber rope type. Wasted a lot of time as the instructions are very poor. internet site manuals are password protected. Will not be buying from them again.

Chelsea from Whitby
Chelsea from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Steel Garage

This company took $3000 from us. They make you sign a contract at home in order to keep you from getting your down payment back, and they do not provide necessary items in your kits.
NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Dave A from Perth
Dave A from Perth
1 review Perth, ON

car port

Gave me the B/S line "exactly that one in stock - not picked up by customer - give you a deal". Not a deal at all - sold me the wrong carport! Ordered it RIGHT FROM FUTURE STEEL WEBSITE PHOTO - by product # too! Still the wrong one. I noticed when they sent the wrong plans. Was then told by the salesman " nooo, that's the right one - really" - "trust me, they all look like that on the plans" I didn't trust them and had new plans drawn up, and a new contract.
In all fairness to them, they didn't argue or ask for more money. They just said don't pour your footings, we're doing new plans as fast as we can - fair enough - sort of.
Took 2 MORE months to get the right one!
Winter set in. Defeated the whole purpose of purchase.
Delivered at night making proper inspection almost impossible.
Packing list is indecipherable for a layman installer so you really wouldn't know if all the correct, proper fitting parts are there or not. Hope they are...
...install delayed 7 months probably - can't wait to find out if nothing fits or if pieces are missing - as most other reviews suggest.
Instructions a generic "works with all building types" sort of construction guidelines. Non of which are for a building like my carport.
Sales managers and salesman - for the most part, very nice on the phone. No complaints that way.
BOTTOM LINE: antiquated B/S sales system.
High pressure closing techniques. Reminds me of Kirby vacuum sales pitches of the 70's & 80's.
Out of touch with modern consumer intellect.
Out of touch with modern customer service expectations.
Out of touch with communication skills between parties.
Out of touch with social media reviews (obviously).
Need to improve the customer interface policies to prevent these types of consumer reactions.
So:
BE PROACTIVE IN DOING YOUR HOMEWORK.
CHECK EVERY DETAIL OF YOUR CONTRACT BEFORE SIGNING.
CHECK LOCAL BYLAWS WITH YOUR PLANS.
HAVE DELIVERY SCHEDULED ONLY FOR A TIME WHEN YOU CAN CHECK EVERYTHING VERY CAREFULLY.
Insist on structure specific assembly booklet.
It's too bad - they seem like a good company with good products.
I wanted it to be better for that much money.
Lets hope the worst is behind me.

David Mount  from Algonquin Highlands
David Mount from Algonquin Highlands
1 review Algonquin Highlands, ON

Steel Building

We erected the building in Dec 2013, during the winter the roof split in 8 places. Future Steel would do nothing for me. They have NO Warranty at all. After contacting a lawyer they agreed to sell replacements parts at 50% off. Stay away from Future Steel their product is not worth the money.

More about Future Buildings

Future Buildings is a large manufacturer and distributor of prefabricated steel buildings. The company was founded in 1981. Its headquarters is based in Markham, Ontario, Canada. Future Buildings offers the following types steel buildings: Garage, Workshop, Storage, Agricultural, and Commercial. An estimate is provided on a free of charge basis. The company also offers a free brochure. All buildings come in kit form with manuals. They are made from Galvalume Plus Steel. Future Buildings provides a 30 year rust perforation warranty. Customer assistance is provided by phone and by e-mail.