Gas Fix

Chris from Hamilton
Chris from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Warranty Service

We had Scott come over for a Warranty issue with our Modern Flames Electric Fireplace. He called us to confirm he was coming in the morning, was punctual and professional. Fixed the issues and even vacuumed before leaving. Thanks Scott!

Thanks for taking the time to post a review here on HomeStars. It is company policy to call the customer when we are finished the previous service call to let the next customer know when they can expect us. In this day and age I can not understand how some contractors can not seem to use a cell phone. As a courtesy we call when we are on our way and if we are running late. I hope you have many years of use of your new fireplace.

KAZ from Toronto
KAZ from Toronto

Fireplace Mtce.

Scott called twice to keep us up to date with his arrival time. Once here he was very knowledgeable and answered all our questions. We were pleased with the service provided and will use him again.
(Odd billing charges, $93.00 to walk in the front door, then $1.55 per minute there after to do the service = $210.18 for one hour incl. HST + parts)

Thanks for taking the time to post a review here at HomeStars. We appreciate the time you take to do this for us and our future customers.
I value the feedback form your review. In over 40 years in this industry, I have found that the quality of the service technician is proportional to the expense. Outfitting staff with the right equipment can add up very fast. To keep well trained and knowledgeable staff, you need to take good care of them and treat them reasonably. They in turn will be the thorough, knowledgeable staff that I expect them to be and take good care of our customers.

Tony from Toronto
Tony from Toronto

Upgrade, clean and maintain 12 fireplaces

Gas Fix is the third company I have tried and by far the most thorough and professional. Their prices are competitive and clearly outlined. Scott was punctual and true to his word in every respect. We will definitely be using Gas Fix again for our annual maintenance and all fireplace needs.

Thank you for your kind comments! They are appreciated. Jason @ Gas Fix

Marc near the park
Marc near the park

Service Call

Had wasps in the fireplace exhaust vent. After getting rid of them, called on Scott from Gasfix to swing by to make sure there was nothing in the exhaust pipe and to check the fireplace out. I have had Scott and other members of his tem come out before and they are all extremely knowledgeable and professional.

Thank you for choosing Gas Fix. We appreciate your business. - Jason @ Gas Fix

Franca Ianni in Hamilton
Franca Ianni in Hamilton
4 reviews HAMILTON, ON

Faulty fireplace

Scott came to our home to diagnose an issue that we have been having with our fireplace since it was installed over a year ago. The company that installed it was over many times, but could not solve the issues we were having. I was quite frustrated to say the least. Scott from GasFIx was punctual, polite and thorough. He layed down a heavy blanket so as not to make a mess, vacuumed any dust that was created and not only fixed the problem, but left everything perfect. He even replaced some screws that had been stripped by the installers. I would highly recommend this company for any of your gas fixes. I finally have a properly working fireplace!

Thank you for choosing Gas Fix to resolve the issues with your unit. - Jason @ Gas Fix

Margaret B from Hamilton
Margaret B from Hamilton
2 reviews , ON

Maintenance on Gas Fireplace

On August 29, 2012 Dwayne from GasFix came to our house for a maintenance check on our gas fireplace. Dwayne was punctual, polite, friendly and very tidy. The service was excellent and reasonably priced. It was the second time we've used this company and we would certainly call them again. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend GasFix. I don't know the name of the person who answered our initial call, but he was very helpful and friendly too. We have never dealt with anyone at GasFix who wasn't knowledgeable and helpful and very friendly and polite.

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business. - Jason @ Gas Fix

Arsen Bozuk from Hamilton
Arsen Bozuk from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

pool heater repair

Scott came assessed the problem with my heater ,repaired it. . Very knoledgeable . He and his company will definetly be the only one I will call without hesitation in the future... Thank you Scott,Gasfix.

Thank you for having Gas Fix repair your unit and correcting any issues that you may have been having. We appreciate your business. - Jason @ Gas Fix

Stephanie in Burlington
Stephanie in Burlington
8 reviews Burlington, ON

B violations

I called Gasfix because I had a hot water heater installed recently, and while the installers were at my house, they decided to inspect other appliances and served me two code violations called "B" violations. I called several companies and few people bothered to call me back. I finally found gasfix on Homestars and they agreed to help me right away. The gas technician was behind schedule, but he called me to let me know he was late which was very courteous. The repair was completed quickly and at a reasonable cost and the company was quick to report the repair to Union gas, so I am now in compliance. I am very happy with the service I recieved.

Thank you for choosing Gas Fix to resolve your violation issues. We appreciate your business. - Jason @ Gas Fix

Debb in Hamilton
Debb in Hamilton
1 review HAMILTON, ON

Fireplace repair, service, cleaning

I picked this company by looking in the yellow pages. It was the first ad that I read, which caught my eye beause of the # of years in business. From the initial conversation with Jason, (extremely helpful and courteous), who was able to schedule a technician in less than 24 hours! I was given an approximate 1 hour window of the service call...and by far the nicest, knowledgeable and above all personable technician Jeff, promptly arrived. He explained everything in detail, answered all my questions and concerns. He was honest, efficient, prepared. He covered his work area up, was equipped with all parts that he could possibly need. He answered all my safety concerns, and took the time to give me step by step instructions, and made sure I fully understood and was comforatable. In a word, he was just truly wonderful. Thanks Jeff! In fact I have already made a recommendation!

Thank you for your kind words and for the recommendation. It is appreciated. - Jason @ GasFix

More about Gas Fix

GASFIX has been solving problems since 1982, servicing those areas from Grimsby to Etobicoke. Our factory trained technicians specialize in the repair and maintenance of gas fireplaces and pool heaters of all makes and models. We also service furnaces, water heaters and can install gas lines for all your requirements. Contact us today for a quote!

Hamilton/Burlington: (905) 523-8751
Oakville: (905) 845-0701
Mississauga: (905) 816-9710
Brampton: (905) 866-5882
Etobicoke/Toronto: (416) 483-9777

Gas fireplaces that Gas Fix services though not limited to this list include:

• ARCHGARD
• VALOR
• VERMONT CASTING
• WATERFORD
• WOLF STEEL

At Gas Fix, we recommend an annual “clean and check” to your gas fireplace.

A clean & check service call to your gas fireplace includes:

• Vacuuming out the fireplace
• Blowing out both the burner and the pilot assembly with an air compressor
• Checking all electrical components
• Testing the pilot sensor - Thermopile / Thermocouple
• Checking the safety on the gas valve
• Doing a draft test on the ventilation and a carbon monoxide test
• Cleaning the glass
• Checking the window gasket
• Checking the fan, if applicable
• Checking the fireplace on start up

Our technicians do carry over 300 of the most common gas fireplace parts with them enabling them to provide same day service on your gas fireplace.

Gas pool heaters that Gas Fix services:

• RHEEM
• STA-RITE
• TD LAARS
• ZODIAC

A light and check service call to your gas pool heater includes:

• Lighting pilot
• Checking operation of pressure switch
• Checking ON/OFF safety circuit
• Checking for spiders in burner orifices

A clean and check to a Gas Furnace includes:

• Check filter for replacement or upgrade options
• Check all wires for damage and state of repair
• Check all hoses for connections, cracks and past or present water leaks
• Visual camera inspection inside duct work on A coil (AC) and heat exchanger
• Heat rise calculation and compare to manufacturer’s specifications
• Full carbon monoxide test of air ducts and venting
• Full air compressor cleaning and vacuuming to ensure product runs smoothly
• Full inspection report on completion