Moving & Storage
Moving & Storage

Reviews for Great Canadian Van Lines

Private User reviews Delta, BC

moving across Canada

Decided to move back to Kingston. Your mover David Serena went above and beyond his duties. He single handed completed the move as his partner was ill that day. He was pleasant and courteous. I wish I could have done something to help him but I am too old.

Thank you for your review and we will pass on your comments to David. Thank you for choosing Great Canadian Van Lines for your move back to Kingston.
We hope we can be of service to you again in the future if needed.

Bell in Delta
Bell in Delta
1 review Delta, BC

Service

I send my staff with this company from Edmonton Alberta to Montréal Quebec.At first I was little bit uncomfortable with price can go up when they take everything to the scale and second when I saw two movers I was thinking about time ( is gonna be all a day).
No, it was a good experience good and professional movers in Edmonton and Montréal both was A amazing number one.No broken staffs everything was good.

Thank you for relocating with Great Canadian Van Lines. We will pass your comments on to the crew and hope we can be of service to you again in the future.

Private User reviews Prince George, BC

Moved from Surrey to Prince Goerge

We moved from Surrey to Prince George and Great Canadian Van lines did a great job. They were on top of things in terms of communication, did everything they could for us to accommodate our timing and needs (even as things changed), their crew was professional and fast, and we received all of our goods undamaged. I would definitely recommend this company.

Gina
Gina

Moved from Burlington Ontario to Vancouver Island, British Columbia

It was the smoothest, easiest move I have ever experienced. From first contact to receipt of household items in B.C. the process, knowledgeable staff, efficiency, friendly movers were all top of the line. From start to finish it was a seamless and stress free experience.

Hi Gina,
Thank you for relocating with Great Canadian Van Lines and submitting a review of your moving experience.
We hope you are enjoying beautiful BC and we can be of service to you again in the future.

Christina
Christina
1 review Delta, BC

Long Distance Move

I moved with Great Canadian Van Lines this summer and had to write a review of my move. From the very beginning until the final item was delivered we received exceptional service. We have to thank our driver Jai and crew for the amazing service they provided. I can't believe what a tough job these fellows do on a daily basis!
That you to the office staff at Great Canadian as well.
We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Great Canadian Van Lines.

Thank you for your review of your relocation which we will pass on to your driver Jai and his crew. They are amazing hard working guys who have a tough job!
We hope you are enjoying your new home and that we can be of service to you in the future.
Customer Service

Artie C in West Vancouver
Artie C in West Vancouver
1 review West Vancouver, BC

if you use this company, don't buy the insurance.

We moved our belongings from Toronto to Vancouver. We recognized the fact that our belongings would be one of the many households stuffed in a moving truck and decided to purchase additional insurance and have the movers pack our televisions and computer screens. A few days following the move, we noticed that one of our televisions was severely damaged. I called the company and informed them of the broken television and they denied my claim stating that how were they to know that the tv wasn't damaged prior to the move. I was dumbfounded. Had I known that I had to prove that every item I was moving was in working condition before the move and then again afterwards, I would have picked another company. I bought additional insurance to cover incidentals such as this, but the company said that they would not cover the tv despite the insurance.

Bottom line - don't use this company, but if you must, DO NOT purchase the insurance.

A moving company cannot sell insurance, it can only be sold by a licensed insurance agent. Our company does offer valuation premium at a minimum of $6.00 per pound which this client purchased the minimum.
A claim was submitted for a damaged TV. The claim went through a review and as identified at pick up the TV's mechanical operating condition was unknow and indicated on the clients paperwork. After the review it was verified by the crew and client that there was no physical damage to the TV after the crew unpacked it. There was also no physical damage to the box that the TV was packed in. As a customer service gesture the client was sent a cheque for $325.00.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Move from Ottawa, Ontario to Vancouver, B.C.

We would like to thank Great Canadian Van Lines for making our move from Ottawa, Ontario to Vancouver, B.C. , a wonderful experience.
Everything went smoothly and as planned. In particular, we would like to thank Mike, in your Ottawa Office, Kyle in dispatch and Bill, our moving van driver for their professionalism, knowledge and timely and informed responses to my numerous and frequent questions. I would highly recommend Great Canadian Van lines to anyone who has a move in their future. They are reliable and a top notch company.

Thank you for relocating with Great Canadian Van Lines. We will pass on your comments to everyone involved in your move.
Enjoy your new home in Vancouver and we hope to be of service to you in the future.

Tindall in Enfield
Tindall in Enfield
1 review Enfield, NS

Experience was excellent from start to finish!

Mother-in-Law died mid-April in Oakville and we live in Nova Scotia; her apartment had to be vacated within a month. Once it was determined that a dozen large pieces of fine oak furniture were to be relocated to our daughter in Enfield NS, I emailed a number of companies.
GCVL was the first to respond -- When I got the reply from Kathy at just after 11:00 Atlantic time, and realised that the company was based in Vancouver, I was immediately impressed that this is a company that wants to do business right across the country. My perception of great service was reinforced every step of the way: They kept us informed, immediately provided an accurate estimate and told us they had a 1000 lb minimum.
Their "14 steps" document proved to be very useful, as we had not had a commercial move in 40 years!
Within a few days they had confirmed a pickup date and worked around the tight schedule required for the elevator at the seniors' home -- only being available away from resident's meal times -- basically 2pm to 4pm.
They took careful note of all the parties' involved phone numbers and were conscientious in calling in good time before both pickup and delivery. Everything was packed/wrapped carefully and the loading and unloading was done cheerfully and expeditiously.
Delivery occurred on the first day of their estimated window, in spite of the serious flooding in New Brunswick which entailed a long detour for the truck because of the closure of the Trans Canada Highway.

It's rare these days to find a company that is so easy to deal with and performs so well at every stage.

I have absolutely no reservation in recommending GCVL to everyone

The move was accomplished with 2 weeks to spare.

Thank you for your review and we will make sure it gets forwarded to everyone involved in the move.
We hope to be of service to you in the future. Thank you for choosing Great Canadian Van Lines.
GCVL Customer Service Team

Vancouver to Toronto in Vancouver
Vancouver to Toronto in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

service

The entire procedures were carried out with prompt and courteous services from A to Z ( booking to unloading). All of the items being shifted and delivered safe and sound on time and the employees were very friendly and efficient.

There were no stresses involved at all while under- go and the company delivered the service beyond my expectation.
The rate was very reasonable too.

I highly recommend this company to everyone!!

Many thanks!

Mi-Won Christiaanse

Hi Mi-Won,
Thank you for relocating with Great Canadian Van Lines. We appreciate your business and hope to be of service to you in the future.
Sincerely,

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Worst Movers Ever

I wish I would have come across they horrible reviews before I booked these Yahoos to do a move. They'll tell you what you want to hear over the phone and take your money, but when they damage YOUR items they will deny, use every little trick in the book (read their contracts carefully) to not pay out a claim. We had various glassware, furniture and a 3000k TV dropped and broken. They went through our personal items, opened boxes. They have zero accountability, integrity and a useless claims department. They should not be in business nor should be handling peoples personal belongings.

You have been warned - there many better moving companies out there. Avoid this one at all cost!

What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

We have checked with our Claims Department and we don't have a client who has submitted a claim which includes a damaged TV, glassware and furniture. This review is done by a private user so we can't search our client database either.
Our Customer Service Department can be reached at 1-800-665-0055 or you have submitted your review for the wrong company.

More about Great Canadian Van Lines

Great Canadian Van Lines was conceived in the late 1980’s and commenced operations in Calgary, Alberta in 1990. The company relocated to the greater Vancouver area in 1992 and has operated from this area for the over 25 years. Great Canadian is one of the six major van lines operating ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Burnaby?