GreenSaver Performance Insulation Services

Rob in North york
Rob in North york
6 reviews North York, ON

Home Insulation Retrofit

We contacted Greensaver as part of the Enbridge home weatherization program. The staff came to our house and ran a thorough evaluation. They explained what would be done and even went around our house and replaced all our old bulbs with energy efficient ones. Super polite and efficient. Thank You

Ian from Toronto
Ian from Toronto
2 reviews East York, ON

Insulation

Dealing with Steve Silverthorn and the entire team at GreenSaver was an unexpected pleasure.

Following a burst water pipe in our roof, we discovered that the cause was due to poor insulation by the original builder of the house.

Our neighbours highly recommended GreenSaver after having dealt with a similar issue.

The highlights: excellent and timely communication by email and phone throughout the process; professionalism and expertise, courteous manner and care taken to clean up afterwards; project completed within expected timelines.

I have nothing negative to add about the experience. I would unreservedly recommend GreenSaver to anyone needing their services.

Thank you Ian for your feedback!

May from Etobicoke
May from Etobicoke
4 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Attic insulation

After some research on various insulation companies, I decided to hire GreenSaver to insulate my attic. My decision was mainly influenced by the professionalism of Scott Wilson who did a thorough job of inspection and provided me with much relevant information. His team did a great job, including cleanup. I would hire them again in future projects.

David Holmes from Toronto
David Holmes from Toronto

Attic insulation

Great company, great people, great products and services. Everything was done professionally and punctually. Scott was authoritative in selling the job and thorough in showing up the day the work was done to supervise. Thank you!

Fred in Thornhill
Fred in Thornhill

attic insulation upgrade

From the moment I met Scott there was a sense of right stuff. His quote after a through site visit was tight. The crew that showed up led by Chris was wonderful. They laid out everything so the mess left with them and vacuumed as they left. They explained everything to be sure I understood it all. I can not remember each person's name on the crew but I was impressed by their concern to get the job done right. If you ever need this type of work done to upgrade the insulation and "tighten up" the inside roof deck to avoid air/moisture leaks then Green Saver is for you!

D. King in Toronto
D. King in Toronto

Home insulation retrofit

GreenSaver is a professional organization which deserves its excellent reputation for ethical practices and high quality workmanship. GreenSaver personnel are courteous, helpful, competent and efficient and we unequivocally recommend the organization and its staff.

In the autumn of 2011 we learned about, and applied for, a ‘reftrofit’ energy conservation program. Our energy audit revealed that we had low R-value insulation in the exterior walls and roof, and we were approved for the senior low-income program (which meant the work would be done at no cost to us, but its estimated value is $10-$12,000).

Before agreeing to the project being undertaken, we asked GreenSaver to provide us with detailed information about the materials that would be used, their methodology, how well they would look after our home, and what condition it would be in at the completion of the work. Not only were we apprehensive about the possibility of our furniture and possessions (including dishes, wall hangings, decorative ornaments, clothes, etc.) being damaged and/or repeatedly covered with drywall dust/debris during the project, we were very concerned about the quality of the final repair work with regard to the many ‘insulation injection’ holes that would be drilled into our walls (there were in fact 276 holes in total). All of our questions and concerns were fully and satisfactorily answered by their project coordinators, and in the spring of 2012 we arranged to have the work done.

GreenSaver was at our home for five (5) days and each morning the project coordinator discussed with us the work to be done that day and invited our input. Each evening, after the accumulated dust and debris was thoroughly vacuumed by the workers, we were given a ‘walk-through’ of the work that had been done and we were able to discuss options for the remaining areas. The end result was a thorough and excellent job, including very skilful patching of the drilled holes and the walls were indeed left in a first-rate, paint-ready state.

Our home is now at least 30% more energy efficient (and possibly as much as 45-50%), and we are already enjoying a noticeable improvement in temperature comfort. We are also anticipating an equally impressive dollar savings in reduced energy costs.

To reiterate, we highly recommend GreenSaver to anyone considering having similar work done in their home.

Michael De Sousa from Toronto
Michael De Sousa from Toronto

Attic insulation

I was registered in a government program for low income seniors. GreenSaver came to my house and reviewed everything and insulated my attic. The staff was courteous, knowledgable and professional. Thank you GreenSaver.

Marisa  from Mississauga
Marisa from Mississauga

Attic and wall insulation

We live in a 100-year old home that was in need of both wall and attic insulation. This was a project that we spent a great deal of time researching. We connected with a number of companies offering insulation services and received a number of quotes. We had GreenSaver back to our home a few times before deciding to hire them. They spent a lot of time educating us on insulation. Our overall impression: fantastic customer service, administration, project management and team knowledge. They were prompt, thorough and efficient. In fact, when we started a separate renovation prior to this project and opened up walls, I immediately became concerned that there could be asbestos. Within 30-minutes of my calling them, GreenSaver was at my front door to inspect the current insulation (we had them slated to start work the following week ... and phew, no asbestos)! I don't know that anyone is overly enthusiastic about spending money in a home upgrade that can't be seen (I'd much rather put money towards a splashy new kitchen). It was therefore imperative for us to have complete confidence in the company we selected. I would strongly recommend this GreenSaver to anyone who is considering insulation. I'm looking forward to a toasty house this winter! Thanks Steven, Chris, Jay, Don, JD and Van!

Anne in Etobicoke
Anne in Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Energy Audit Assessment, Draft Proofing, Attic Insulation

This company understands the meaning of "Excellence". They provided a energy audit which was detailed, thorough, and they answered every question kindly. The employees that completed the insulation and draft proofing in my home were extremely competent, professional, polite, and cheerful. They never stopped working from the time they arrived until the time they left. My home was left in immaculate condition after the work was completed.
I am so happy with the quality of their work. I haven't had to put my air conditioner on until recently. The house since the work was done has remained cool, which is great. I have been saving allot of money on my utility bills. Thanks for the yeoman service you provided me GreenSaver.
Anne from Markland Wood

Tracey TieF in Toronto
Tracey TieF in Toronto

Insulation of exterior walls, attic and weatherproofing

My walls were by no means easy to access, however, the crew was excellent! So kind, courteous, prompt, reliable, considerate and tidy. I experienced none of the stress I normally do with contractors - wondering if they are doing a thorough job, if they will come on time etc.

I am so grateful and looking forward to winter warmth!

More about GreenSaver Performance Insulation Services

From insulating existing attics, sloped/ flat roofs, walls, and crawlspaces to complete new custom home packages, GreenSaver offers comprehensive insulation services with industry-leading spray foam, hybrid insulation and cellulose products to meet your home’s needs. In addition, we have experienced experts who can resolve ice damming, attic moisture and condensation, and duct-work issues in your home. We are truly your one-stop-solution when it comes to your home insulation needs!

For 30 years GreenSaver has been providing residential and commercial insulation and energy efficiency services. Over the past 3 decades, we've performed well over 50,000 energy assessments for households and businesses to help conserve energy, lower their bills, and increase their comfort. As a key efficiency presence in Ontario, GreenSaver has enjoyed more than 30 years of active involvement and expertise in the energy conservation sector and building sciences.

Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is always happy to assist you!

COVID-19: At Greensaver the health and safety of our clients and employees is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 and ensuring all employees are following our COVID-19 safety protocols to keep you safe when we enter your home.