Hickory Dickory Decks

Giving Back Award winnerGiving Back Awardwinner

Reviews for Hickory Dickory Decks

Elizabeth H.
Elizabeth H.

Best home renovation experience ever!

We contacted Hickory Dickory Decks (Scarborough) in the fall of 2020 and worked with Geoff over a couple of weeks to review the options/cost/timeline. He was a pleasure to work with and outlined the project in detail and provided timely responses to all our questions. It was not the most straight-forward deck because it had to be built over an existing cement staircase and patio. We booked the work in November 2020 to be completed in Spring 2021. The job started at the beginning of May. Kosal and Guillermo were on-site for almost 3 weeks. They started early and worked 10 to 12 hour days. Their attention to detail was incredible and our neighbours commented on their professionalism, work ethic and all-around friendliness. The railings were installed yesterday (on a Sunday!!) completing the job. We are thrilled with the outcome and wish these guys could do all our renovation projects. They are the real deal and I give them 10 stars!!

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for you business and taking the time to write the review. It was a challenging project but the guys did an amazing job. It looks great. I hope you enjoy it for a long time. Take care!

Geoff Aucoin

John in Mississauga
John in Mississauga

Excellent Service!

We had a composite deck built by Hickory Dickory Decks 21 years ago and is still solid and looks great today. Recently we experienced a problem with the deck lights and called Hickory Dickory Decks Mississauga south west office and explained the problem to them and set up an appointment. Once the service tech arrived he quickly diagnosed the problem and promptly made the necessary repairs. His professionalism, expertise and quality of work was greatly appreciated. I highly recommend Hickory Dickory Decks!

Thank you John. I appreciate your positive feedback. You are a great customer and want you to continue to enjoy the deck for as long as possible.
Best regards, Rob Hendriks

DR in East york
DR in East york

400 SF deck

Our first contact with HDD was June 2020 when we presented our vision and rough plans to Kosal. Kosal promptly responded with a comprehensive quote containing multiple pricing & material options for each component. We proceeded to fine tune design details and material choices and in early spring 2021 the contract was finalized with a June project start date firmly booked.

From Day#1 Demo Day, Kosal & “G” (Guillermo) were a total pleasure to be around. Kosal is a highly skilled & organized perfectionist. “The Bros” were consistently professional but FUN, maintained an immaculate work site and were amazingly polite. Long 11-12 hour days was the norm. Construction took 18 days and the project spanned 11 weeks including downtime for supply of glass railing panels and frosted privacy screens.

The result is that we have a beautiful, if not spectacular deck and we love everything about it - the IPE privacy screen and drink rail, glass rail panels, 6 Ft frosted glass privacy screen panels, in-lite lighting, Fusion Stone skirting and especially the Azek Vintage Coastline decking. Everyone who has seen it so far is very impressed.

Thank you Kosal for your patience during the planning stage. Thank you both for your hard work and dedication.....and music. Please come back next summer to see it furnished.

Lilian from Toronto
Lilian from Toronto

Beautiful deck and great team

Rob (Mississauga) was unequivocally the best contractor I've ever worked with. Having had terrible experiences in the past, he quelled all my fears.
He has great design ideas and is both professional and personable. He says what he will do and then does it. No surprises, no nonsense, and lots of integrity and care in his work.
His team (Mitch and James) care also deeply about their work and it shows in the quality of the finished product.
I am not one to provide reviews often, but would feel confident recommending Rob and his team to anyone looking to build their dream deck that will last.

Hi Lillian,

Thank you for your trust in my team and I. It was a pleasure working with you to create the deck that you both will enjoy for many years to come.
Best wishes,
Rob

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Backyard Deck

Arturo and his team worked closely with us to design and build a functional deck that would allow us to more easily access and use our backyard. They completed the work in a timely and professional manner. Thanks again for making our backyard useable again!

Thank you!
I hope you enjoy years of fun with your family in your new low maintenance deck!!
Arturo

Phillip
Phillip
1 review Oshawa, ON

New Back Deck

Matt and his crew did a fantastic job replacing our old back deck with a very beautiful new one. He gave us a design with like a lot and went with it. They were very meticulous with everything and took their time getting it all right. JOB WELL DONE!

StephV
StephV

Great work, extremely professional

Arturo and his crew did an amazing job redoing our back pool deck! This was not a small project, and once we tore down the old deck, there were definitely some surprises! Through each concern Arturo was honest, and responded respectfully and professionally as we discussed options and next steps! His crew worked so hard, and took amazing care and pride in their completed work. The quality of their work shines in this finished product! Highly recommend them for your next project!

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for the opportunity to do your deck.

I wish you and your family years of low maintenance fun!!

Arturo

Audrey from Aurora
Audrey from Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

Deck

Excellent work - it was done quickly and before the estimated time it was completed. It is beautiful and not only was the work done well, they tidied up after themselves too. Very pleased and I would highly recommend.

"Thanks Audrey for reviewing our work. So glad we were able to start early & get that wrapped up for you. Enjoy!"

Steve Hall

Claudio
Claudio

Backyard Deck Project - Amazing from Start to Finish

Working with Ivan and his whole team was a pleasure from start to finish.
It is rare to find a company that ALWAYS goes above and beyond and creates a product that even exceeded my high expectations. Just take a look at the before and after to see the huge difference. I wish I needed to build a few more decks just so I can work with them again.

1 review Barrie, ON

Great service and workmanship

Arturo, Brian and Andrew created my dream deck which I will use for years to come! The attention to detail from the proposal stage through to the the actual building exceeded my expectations. I asked a lot of questions as the build was in progress and also made changes which they handled with professionalism. My composite deck, with aluminum and glass railings is beautiful and sturdy - very glad I chose Arturo and his team to work with.

Hello,

We are very happy to hear that you loved your new low maintenance deck!

We are sure that you will enjoy years of relaxation.

Thank you very much for your business,

Arturo and Team

More about Hickory Dickory Decks

With franchises in over 60 cities in Canada, we’ve designed and built over 25,000 beautiful composite decks and have worked hard to earn our reputation as the best in the deck business.

To us, every project we undertake is not just a deck – it’s a Hickory Dickory Deck. That means it’s constructed to the highest standards using the best materials. It means it’s built by professional carpenters and craftspeople who adhere to the Hickory Dickory Decks philosophy and are careful to represent our brand well, every day. That means that you – our valued customer – will receive the best deck money can buy, backed by our complete satisfaction guarantee.