Johnnys Finishing Shop

Reviews for Johnnys Finishing Shop

Jennifer
Jennifer
6 reviews St. John'S, NL

Repair and refinish antique dining table

I had the family kitchen table shipped from Vancouver to Toronto via FedEx Ground. The table has been in my family for 30+ years, and as such, has great sentimental value. It holds fond memories for me as a child sitting around it with the family having many breakfasts, lunches and dinners. When delivered, the table had a broken leaf on one side, and the other side had a severe crack. One of the legs was loose, and needless to say, I was heartbroken. I called Johnnys Finishing Shop based on reviews from this site, and he was very prompt in returning my call and coming to my home for an estimate, 'free of charge', as FedEx would not accept my claim. In six weeks, I received the table back, on time, and in mint condition. Like a brand new purchase, I am extremely happy with the service provided and the quality of the refinishing is exceptional! I would highly recommend Johnnys Finishing to anyone who is looking to refinish or repair any of their furniture. I will definitely call Johnnys for my next job!

Leigh in Leaside
Leigh in Leaside
1 review East York, ON

Furniture Refinishing and Reupholstering

Having our main floor furniture refinished and reupholstered was a challenging undertaking. Johnny's expertise in refinishing a 60 year old dining room suite matching the original patina exactly was a work of art. Building 2 additional exact replica dining room chairs from scratch was simply amazing. The reupholstered love seats and French chair would rival anything bought new from a high end furniture outlet. All of the above plus several other furniture items we had refinished and recovered were done at a very reasonable price.

Mantle retrofitted

My mantelpiece was never completed when my home was guilt 100 years ago. John Duder of Johnny's finishing designed the brackets and baseboards that should have been there. He also finished the new quarter cut oak to match the previous wood stain. This combination of highly skilled design and finishing talent is hard to find. Johnny's Finishing has long been the choice of Torontonians for complex jobs. The company deserves its reputation.

Cathy in Port Credit
Cathy in Port Credit

Restoration of an antique dining table

We own an antique dining table (circa 1880) that had seen better days. It is a beatiful piece with features you would never find on a new piece. It was sagging in the middle where the leaves are, had a centre leg that was unattached, had broken runners and needed to be raised due to the purchase of new dining chairs that required a higher table height. Johnny's did a wonderful job of restoring the table; he added a turned piece to the bottom of each leg, fixed the runners, secured the falling leg and then urethaned the whole surface. It is absolutely stunning now. The pieces added to the bottom of the legs look like they have been there forever and really enhance the overall look of the table. My only complaint in the whole job was that the table was delivered back to us 11 days after we were told it would be returned - a small price to pay for such a lovely job. I will definitely use Johnny's services again for my other treasured heirloom pieces; he really cares about a job well-done.

Joan from Etobicoke-702
Joan from Etobicoke-702

finishing wood products

I have purchased three products [unfinished] from St. Jacobs and taken them to Johnny's to have finished all done when specified and all priced as stated and with great results.This is a real find!I will continue to be a repeat and satisfied customer.

More about Johnnys Finishing Shop

Johnny’s Finishing Shop is Toronto’s leading furniture refinishing shop, serving the GTA with quality service for over 40 years. We offer a complete furniture repair service which includes antique restoration, furniture refinishing and repairs, upholstery and custom work for both residential and commercial customers. Pick-up and delivery is available throughout the GTA. Your satisfaction is our reputation.