Johnnys Finishing Shop

Reviews for Johnnys Finishing Shop

LB
LB

First rate work!

I am very happy with quality and service of John's work.
My grandfather's 1940's maple office desk looks great.
I will definitely be using his services in the future.
I would highly recommend!

Thanks Lorne. Always our pleasure!!

Normansilver in Toronto
Normansilver in Toronto

Refinish furniture some antiques

Some pieces roughly done.Jonnysfinishing@bell.net was supposed to attend our apartment to finish one shelf of another piece that was not in his shop.He did not do this job even though he was paid $250 extra for it. He has not REPAID THE AMOUNT nor has he responded to calls or messages.I would advise others to be careful when dealing with jonnysfinishing@bell.net!!

Hi Norm. You are correct about the touch up of the shelf, but all you had to do was email me with a reminder. The last email we have is from your wife on Aug 14, 2015, thanking us for the prompt response. Also this is the first I've heard about "roughly done pieces" since the deliveriy in late Oct 2015. I apologize if I missed your call. I have you scheduled for the touch up on Wed but you have not yet confirmed. Let me complete the touch up and please show me the rough pieces as we will definitely take care of them. Regards, John. Update as of Jan 2017, no response from customer, refund cheque was issued.

Anne Cunningham from East York
Anne Cunningham from East York

Dinig room Refinishing

The dining room set looks fantastic. I can finally show the table without a tablecloth on it. Really appreciated the timely updates and great pick-up and delivery service. The refinishing is superb and the new padding and fabric makes the set beautiful.

Rob in Scarborough
Rob in Scarborough

Restoration of Danish modern armchairs

We have two Danish modern armchairs, family heirlooms that my parents purchased when stationed in Copenhagen in the 1960's. The chairs were much loved albeit much the worse for wear. The suspension system, steel springs mounted in a tubular steel frame, is apparently unique. No one in Ontario whom we spoke to had seen it before, not even Johnny! No one else would take on the project ... except Johnny. Johnny came in on time and on budget. We are thrilled with the results! Our children and their children will enjoy these chairs for the next 60 years! And more!

Sharon from Old Toronto
Sharon from Old Toronto

Dining Room Set Refurbish

Outstanding! My dining room is stunning. Chairs were re-upholstered and repaired. The table and credenza were stripped and refinished. My set looks better than it did when I bought it.

Shelly
Shelly

Heirloom Pearwood Dresser & Dining Room Table

Having John's crew take our precious furniture to restore them to their original luster and beauty was the absolute right choice! We could not be happier with the finished product. My husband and I are very pleased with the service and quality of workmanship that we will certainly return should the need arise.

Mrs. Grace David in Toronto
Mrs. Grace David in Toronto

Excellent Service and Work with Johnny's Refinishing

I received excellent service and an excellent refinishing of my grandparents heirloom dresser drawers. Mr. Dudys personally came to view the item, he knew the maker of the item and the year it was made (1922). He took it for only a month and when I received it back I was speechless. I gave him a broken down dresser that had been damaged by water and lack of care. I received a beautiful item that had been substantially remade and the wood now gleams with a wonderful polish and the original oak is so beautiful. I cannot thank him and his company enough.

Laura in Yukon in Toronto
Laura in Yukon in Toronto

reupholster and refinish

Excellent quality and service. Quick furniture pick-up in Toronto. Great selection of fabrics and good design eye to help me choose. Lovely refinishing. Arranged secure, economic, speedy packing & shipping across the country. A pleasure to deal with John.

Cathy from Toronto
Cathy from Toronto

Refinished antique ice box and cedar chest

I actually used home stars to get his name. They are excellent to deal with. My furniture turned out amazing. John very helpful to assist with replacing and/or redoing hardware on the pieces. I was so worried about getting the heavy pieces there to get refinished. They picked it up and delivered with a small fee. I will be defiantly be using the company again. I am so pleased.

JerseyOne in Toronto
JerseyOne in Toronto

Refinishing

John was great they refinished some wooden bases in black lacquer or piano black kept me up to date on the progress even when they finished them an I damaged one of them when I got them home I brought it back to them and said no problem will get it fixed for you .
John and his staff
Thanks Again

More about Johnnys Finishing Shop

Johnny’s Finishing Shop is Toronto’s leading furniture refinishing shop, serving the GTA with quality service for over 40 years. We offer a complete furniture repair service which includes antique restoration, furniture refinishing and repairs, upholstery and custom work for both residential and commercial customers. Pick-up and delivery is available throughout the GTA. Your satisfaction is our reputation.