Johnnys Finishing Shop

Reviews for Johnnys Finishing Shop

P. Foster from Toronto
P. Foster from Toronto

Bedroom Furniture Refinishing

I had this bedroom set for over 20 years and today I love it more than the day I bought it. John did a fabulous job replacing broken cane in the headboard and knobs that had been stripped. The service could not have been better. I would highly recommend him. Regards, P. Foster

Dhon from Etobicoke
Dhon from Etobicoke
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Oak End Tables

We had two oak end tables built to my design in a mission style by a Mennonite Carpenter living near Chatsworth, Ontario in a shop powered by a gasoline engine outside the shop and a series of wide belts. Johnny's Finishing applied the stain and lacquer finish to the tables to match our existing table, creating two heirloom quality pieces. We are delighted with John's superb quality and extraordinary, quick service.

Jennifer from Toronto
Jennifer from Toronto

Dining table legs repair

My dining room table legs had begun to separate from the base. I sent Johnny's an email with picture and John replied very quickly with a very reasonable quote. I was in the middle of a move so John allowed me to drop the base off early and held on to it until my move was complete.
I picked up the base and was amazed, the legs look brand new! I highly recommend Johnnys.

Carol from Toronto
Carol from Toronto

Dining room table, coffee table

I was very satisfied with the work Johhny's did. Excellent service and workmanship. Nice people to work with. My furniture looks better than new. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

George Shepherd in Etobicoke
George Shepherd in Etobicoke

Refinishing of dining room table and chairs

Our Gibbard cherry dining room suite had been in regular use for over 50 years, and was very much the worse for wear. John provided a reasonable quote to refinish it, matched the colour perfectly, and returned it in beautiful condition within four weeks. John is very personable and an excellent craftsman, and we would have no hesitation in recommending Johnny's Finishing Shop to anyone seeking his services

C. Thomson from Toronto
C. Thomson from Toronto

Dining table repair

In locating to Canada from the UK our teak dining table was badly damaged and we didn't expect that it could be fixed. We contacted John and not only did he repair it but when delivered it looked brand new, the quality of work was so high that we contacted him again to re-upholster and renovate the dining chairs. The attention to detail and craftsmanship of the work was outstanding and I would highly recommend Johnny's Finishing Shop .

Shirley Montgomery from Fargo
Shirley Montgomery from Fargo

Dining table refinishing

We arranged to have our daughter's table refinished by Johnny's Finishing since we reside in the US. We selected Johnny's based on the on-line reviews. The table refinishing was completed and our daughter could not be more thrilled with the result. She says it is beautifully repaired and the finish is satin-like. She also shared that the pick and delivery was courteous and careful. She is very happy with the results and we cannot wait to see it ourselves, thanks...

RF in the Junction
RF in the Junction

Dresser repair

I had an 1940's dresser that I never used because it was scratched, smelled of mothballs and an ugly color. John is not only an extremely pleasant person but excellent at his craft. The dresser is gorgeous and wonderfully refinished - better than new, but still retains all of the originality.

Judy
Judy

Desk refinishing

Johnny refinished my total desk (more than 80 years old) and did a fabulous job! He was able to repair the many dents in it, refinish the wood to the original colour, and then redo the leather inlay on the top of it, plus do protective glass top. The price and timeliness was well within my expectations. Would highly recommend.

Richard Umpherson from Oakville
Richard Umpherson from Oakville

furniture refinishing

We had four large pieces, desk,table, antique clock and side tables re-furbished by John and his team. The work was excellent and completed in a timely manner. The new finishes and colour matches exceeded what we thought could be possible outside of the original manufactures specs. As a bonus, John is a very pleasant and honest person to deal with. Highest recommendation.

More about Johnnys Finishing Shop

Johnny’s Finishing Shop is Toronto’s leading furniture refinishing shop, serving the GTA with quality service for over 40 years. We offer a complete furniture repair service which includes antique restoration, furniture refinishing and repairs, upholstery and custom work for both residential and commercial customers. Pick-up and delivery is available throughout the GTA. Your satisfaction is our reputation.