Langstaff & Sloan Inc

Reviews for Langstaff & Sloan Inc

j.c.
j.c.

Thermostat

I am very happy with Rob’s company Langstaff and Sloan. The thermostat was malfunctioning, creating heat when turned off.
Rob listened to my problem and was able to correct it within 24 hours. I will highly recommend his company and use them for future services.

Kim
Kim

Excellent work and quick! Upgraded to 200amp

Rob was happy to answer all our questions and was very prompt in setting up the upgrade process. The major reason I picked his company because he itemized the quote upfront which I immensely appreciate.
After selecting his company, he made dealing the Toronto Hydro paperwork easy to understand and complete with simple instructions. On the day of installation, Peter and Brian were quick to work on the panel and cables. They did a clean and efficient job replacing the old 100amp 24-breaker stablok panel with a brand new 200amp 40-breaker from Siemens. I can't wait to get an electric car now!

Thank-you Kim! It was a pleasure to serve you and Rob. Have a great day.

Living in Toronto
Living in Toronto

Installed new light, replaced switches, power boxes...

We moved within the last year and created a list if many little electrical fixes we required and found Rob on HomeStars. He took all sorts of time with me over the phone and had one of his electricians come to the home and complete all the tasks. They returned a few weeks later to install 3 pot lights, hide the cords for 2 tvs and add a light and switch to a small under stair crawl space. They are thorough, on time, tidy as they go and extremely knowledgeable. I had some of my own supplies and Mike was also prepared with supplies on hand. Excellent company. Would definitely recommend them!!!

Thank - you BA. We really appreciate your business and also for taking the time to leave a great review.

workerbeee
workerbeee

Knob & Tube

My house had old wiring which I worried about for a long time. I knew the cost would be high, but really I put it off for years because of the uncertainty regarding the associated holes and damage needed. The owner Rob explained everything well and made some great suggestions too. We had 4 electricians at our house for 4 days. All of them were careful and pleasant to deal with. We had less damage than expected and the holes were well patched. I should have done this years ago.

Haha....Workerbee is funny. We can't all be the Queen. Thank-you RC for your business and kind words too.

M4
M4
38 reviews North York, ON

Updating Electrical in Commercial Space

I had a VIP tenant moving into one of my office spaces shortly after the new year and needed to update some of the electrical in the building. Langstaff & Sloan weren't sure they would be able to do the required work at such short notice (and a week before the holidays) but they did; they went above and beyond to accommodate my urgent request. A wonderful electrician came out and finished removing some floor receptacles that were a tripping hazard, added three switches, replaced old exit signs with new up to code "running man" ones, installed LED lighting in a basement storage room of the building and removed old cables and wires from a previous tenant. Brian was fast, efficient, courteous and professional. The electrical work was done neatly and any mess was cleaned up. An ESA permit was obtained and my new tenant was very pleased with the work done. Highly satisfied with Langstaff & Sloan. Excellent work!

Thank-you for this! It is quite timely as Brian could really use a few encouraging today.

Complete rewire of 1920s / 30s house

Work done with surgical precision, almost magical problem solving, neatly, carefully, quickly. From the first evaluation to permitting/inspection, to completion of the job, they do exactly as they plan, dealt with hidden challenges efficiently, and left the job almost as if they had not been there. The very best contracting experience we've had.

Thank you for noticing/taking the time and your very kind words.

Roberto in Toronto
Roberto in Toronto

Knob & Tube Removal, outlet, Pot light and Range hood installation

Very quick but also thorough. Removed knob and tube in two days! Handled work in tenant properties with class. Very competitive price point as well! Definitely going with them again!

Thanks again Roberto! All the owners and tenants were a pleasure to work with.

Pro work for odd jobs

I had a bunch of electrical jobs piling up - install a thermostat, replace a dimmer switch, install a new ceiling light - so I called Langstaff & Sloan. I had used them to rewire my house 9 years ago and found they were excellent.
Vic came to my house the day after I called and completed the jobs in 2 hours. I had the items I wanted installed ready to go, and Vic finished them efficiently, while taking time to explain what he was doing and looking for signs of any other problems in the circuits.
Hiring Langstaff & Sloan is money well spent.

Kevin in Toronto
Kevin in Toronto

Knob and Tube Removal.

I had Langstaff and Sloan remove some knob and tube wiring from my very old home I recently bought in Corso Italia in Toronto. I am more than pleased with the work they did for me. They were very professional, quick and respectful to me and and my wife. I was initially worried this kind of work would have involved ripping the walls out and been invasive, but they were able to make a few small holes, remove/replace the old writing and add additional outlets. They quickly replaced the and repaired the walls with very good quality work! Again very pleased with these guys!

Jody in Etobicoke
Jody in Etobicoke

Knob and Tube Removal

We have lived in our Long Branch home for 37 years knowing that since it was built in 1939 there would likely be knob and tube wiring along with possible patching of addition circuits since. Once a breaker started to trip I asked my neighbour who they used about 10 years ago for a similar situation. It was then that we contacted Robert at Langstaff and Sloan. His evaluation showed that all 3 levels of our home did have knob and tube. There was no up sell and he explained that with plaster walls there would be a great deal of dust. As things happen, just 2 weeks before the job was to happen Toronto Hydro inspected our delivery wire to the home and shut off the power. Robert rearranged his day and pulled electricians from another project to take care of us the same afternoon.
Our planned project was handled smoothly by Vic and his team completed on time and budget giving us a heads up each day as to what comes next. The nightly clean up was better than we every could have expected considering how much dust comes from opening holes and removing ceiling panels in the basement. Everything was replaced and paint ready. The crew arrived promptly at 8 AM each of 5 days and left towards 5 PM after the clean up. We certainly will recommend Langstaff and Sloan to others and stay with them if we ever need professional electrical help once more.

Thank you again Jody! I will share this with everyone involved. We really appreciate your business.

More about Langstaff & Sloan Inc

Since 1991 we have provided professional electrical contracting services in the GTA. In 1994 we were designated one of four contractors participating in Toronto Hydro's Meter Relocation Program and helped develop a similar but expanded program for Etobicoke Hydro. Ultimately we became one of four "Authorized Contractors" of Toronto Hydro Energy Services Inc. providing service to residential and commercial clients. We are also proud to be a trusted representative of SEARS Home Central.

Our Mission

To provide our customers the best
Services at a reasonable price.
To always be extremely diligent
about safety in every aspect.
To maintain a professional
atmosphere, focused on work ethic.
To continue to improve our skills:
professionally and personally.
To be mindful of the impact our
industry has on the environment.