Mattamy Homes

Joanne in Newmarket
Joanne in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

house

Mattamy has excellent customer service. The employees are always around the site if you have any quick questions. The delivery of the home was on time. We purchased an energy star home and it really does make a difference on your bills when your house is built wel.

C B in Mississauga
C B in Mississauga

New Home

We have been very pleased with our home thus far. My only problem is that, it seems that the builder will do anything for you up to the day you close. After that, they'll fix certain things because they have to, or if you bug them enough. Believe me, after one year, the less they can do and get away with is their motto, it seems. In my view, I think that we've made the biggest purchase of our lives and the builder should do better to help you address any issues that come up.

Nalini
Nalini
2 reviews Lusby, MD

bought my first house

When my husband and I first moved into our brand new Mattamy house in Brampton we were amazed by how friendly the customer service was. If I called the service warranty office for any little thing they would send a guy out within 24 hours and it would be fixed no questions asked. One of the service guys even helped us get our TV home (with his truck) and helped carry it into the house. I would definitely recommend them to any new home buyer

roxannr yonge and eg
roxannr yonge and eg

New Home/Condo Construction

My experience with Mattamy has been excellent! I bought my first condo from them in Spring 2007. We are reaching possession date after 3 delays which equates to 6 months from the original possession date. The communication from Mattamy has been exceptional as has the access to all Mattamy staff. I have been able to speak to the design staff, builders and customer service people without a problem and they have been able to accommodate my late requests for changes that I had not identified at the design stage. Mattamy will be installing a bi-fold door for me free of charge and have agreed to change my microwave selection, mirror in the ensuite and to add cornice moulding (additional cost). Overall, very good experience which I expect to continue through procession.

moccomo
moccomo

Home purchase

Mattamy has been well known for years. We got the oppurtunity to purchase a home a few years ago from them. They built our home to our standrds and we are happy with it. What stands out even more is the customer service that they provide during the building of the home. Its just great! The design centre consultants are awesome in giving you adivce of colour, tiles, cabinets etc. They seem to be well trained and will work with you to put together your dream home.

Bernadette in Milton
Bernadette in Milton
1 review ,

new house Build

We have never dealt with Mattamy prior to this purchase, however, from the time we bought to the time of our last inspection a year after we moved it, we have a wonderful experience. They were proffessional, courteous and always did what they promised to do. Their staff was very helpful and provided numerous tips that helped us along the way. We would recommend them, and we have now been in the house for a year and a half and still very happy with the house.

Jay in Milton
Jay in Milton

House Purchase

Mattamy has some great qualities and some negative ones.
The purchasing process was fairly easy, however some incorrect information was given by the sales person.
They are very reasonable when it comes to the down payment and allowed flexible payment plans.
The design centre is a disaster and thus far has been the worst part of the process. I have yet to take possesion of the house so I can't comment of the final product.

Michelle in Mississauga
Michelle in Mississauga

New Home

I have recently purchased my first new home and found Mattamy's service to be excellent. I am very pleased with their workmanship and quality. I liked the idea of being included during the building process and having taken the time to explain in detail the scheduling of my home.

Pam & Burlington
Pam & Burlington
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Home Building

Well... where to begin. The contractors that Mattamy hired to build our community really sucked...cheap isn't the route to go. Our great room leaks due to the roofing contractors they hired...as did other neighbours homes. The extra joists needed for ceramic tiles were not put in, the grout cracked. They cut out the framing around our bathroom door to install the bathroom counter. The siding is not placed on our house properly as the water will go in between seams... they installed it incorrectly. The answer to all their problems is caulking. We had an inch and 1/2 of caulking at the side of our patio door... needless to say that door has been replaced this year 2009. We moved into this newly built home of ours in Jan. 2001. All the window seals have broken on most of the windows and will also need replacing in the next few years. Building homes shouldn't be an assembly line... this is a huge investment and it should be built to better standards for the cost of homes today. Very disappointed in Mattamy... in fact a lot of people in our neighbourhood erected signs stating "Unsatisfied Mattamy Home Owner". Funny thing was they never gave our neighbourhood survey forms to fill out ~ if they had done this in our neighbourhood they would not have received the awards and standards that they have in the past. Now we have to replace and repair things in our home when we really shouldn't have to. I wish I knew Mike Holmes ~ he know how to fix all of this.

Irina K
Irina K

New Home

The decision to purchase a detached home at Mattamy on the Rouge was a snap for Kamal Gopaul. This parent of three had been looking for a home in Scarborough, when in 2001 she drove by the Sales Office and decided to drop in. She looked at the plans, and bought a home on the spot.

More about Mattamy Homes

Welcome to Mattamy Homes: One product, lovingly crafted, humbly sold, then proudly owned. That's how it starts for most companies. That's how it started for Mattamy Homes in 1978.

Mattamy Homes is rigorous about every single aspect of community planning. We acquire the land, design the homes, plan the streets, and we create the people spaces—the walking and biking trails, parks, and other community features.

Still, our process remains unchanged in one fundamental way. We continue to keep our eyes, ears, and minds open. We talk to our future and present homeowners to completely understand diverse and evolving styles of living. And we continually attempt to provide for you the best, most liveable spaces with everything we learn.

Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with a nearly 40-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps 7,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the United States, the company is represented in 10 markets – Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Phoenix, Tucson, Jacksonville, Orlando (where its US head office is located), Tampa, Sarasota, Naples and Southeast Florida – and in Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton. Visit www.mattamyhomes.com for more information.