Mattamy Homes

Reviews for Mattamy Homes

Craig  in Oakville
Craig in Oakville

New build

Horrible experience. Do not go with mattamy homes. I have had issue after issue with quality of work and workmanship. Below is a picture of my “new” driveway. It has yet to be driven on and that is “final product” according to mattamy

Elize in Toronto
Elize in Toronto
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Occupancy cancelled 10 days beforehand

We currently rent in Half moon bay and is supposed to occupy a Mattamy new built on April 2nd (in 10 days). We gave proper notice to our landlord, are packed up and ready to move, ordered appliances to be delivered and installed, moved utilities and bills. We were phoned by Mattamy yesterday, saying they had bad news. They shut down all operations immediately and we will not be able to occupy our property until further notice. They would not compensate us or help us find an alternative solution. We are basically out on the street in 10 days without a roof over our heads. According to Mattamy they are unable to obtain a permit from the city for occupancy, but other builders still do and let owners occupy even if finishing touches haven't been done.

Sam in Calgary
Sam in Calgary

Mattamy homes

This builder sucks. Specially with wall paint and all cabinets. The exhaust system is one of the cheapest they will built for you. I was absolutely not satisfied. Sucks big time

Horrible!!!!!

Horrible customer service. Horrible craftsmanship. Do not waste your money and buy from them. They will promise and promise you things but NEVER deliver. No one has answers, and management endorse low standards and low knowledgeable staff.
Damage caused by Mattamy & the trades they hire will be left for you to fix, expect to wait 6+ months to have anything done, and when it is it still won’t be done right.
Have had to deal with Mattamy on multiple properties and it’s the same every time.
I warn you - but better... you deserve better than the crap they offer.

Veeresham R.
Veeresham R.
1 review Airdrie, AB

Hillcrest Townhome from Mattamy

It was our first home buying and it was a wonderful experience throughout the journey with Mattamy. We moved into our new home in November 2018. We would first THANK the associate at Mattamy sales center in Airdrie who made our very first visit to Mattamy show homes wonderful. He provided awesome customer experience. We liked the Mattamy floor plans very much. Our Customer Care Coordinator is one more excellent person who always answered our phone calls and emails perfectly on time for all our questions and concerns.

We have chosen a lot of upgrades and Mattamy design consultant helped us a lot on choosing the colors and type of material etc. She provided us with a ton of available options.

Assistant Builder, who walk us thru during our framing appointment. He gave us an overall view about the building progress and answered all our questions regarding the construction.

New Home Specialist walk us through during the pre-delivery orientation. Basically, she showed us our BRAND-NEW HOME for the first time. She mentioned all about the included things in our package and upgrades we chose. It was an amazing experience.

Warranty technician is one more amazing Mattamy associate who helped us explaining the whole mechanical equipment and a lot more.

Finally, we would say we are very pleased with the quality of the home and amazing customer service from each and everyone from Mattamy. They have a very professional team. We definitely recommend Mattamy to our family and friends.

Thank you so much, Mattamy!

BLINDSIDED HOME BUYER in North York
BLINDSIDED HOME BUYER in North York

WORST BUILDER IN CANADA. DO NOT BUY THEIR HOME!

Our home was delayed for almost 3 years. When it was finally handed over to us, there were multiple repairs that needed doing. We upgraded to a double coated paint and paid $1,200 for upgrade but there was no way that it was double coated because when we put green tape on the walls, the paint came off easily. They sub contract all their jobs to workers who are unqualified and has never worked in trade or construction before. When they came to fix our home for the 30 day Tarrion warranty, the worker came without a proper tool to fix our twisted hand rails. I went to my garage and showed him how to fix it using my own tool. The step they installed leading to our garage was very wobbly and a 3 year old could probably done a better job. Out upgraded 3 toilet seat was never delivered until we had to fight for it as we paid for it. They claimed that the upgraded toilet seats were not available and we paid $700.00 for each toilet bowl. We asked for a refund and then eventually they replaced it.
We are blindsided by their lack of communication to their customers. Recently we were shocked that they were installing a side walk right at our footsteps leaving us with a very short driveway that will not accommodate a small car. The opposite street can accommodate 3 cars on their driveway.
When I contacted the customer care from Matammy homes, Marie Le wrote me a letter that sidewalk can be used as a dual purpose, apparently someone told her that I can park in the sidewalk and block it if I want to. Seriously! Every time you email them or call them. It will take at least 3 weeks before you get a reply from their customer care.
Very unreliable staff and very confusing.
Beware! Once you closed your purchased home, you are on your own and good luck on getting any help from them.
Below is a picture of my driveway compared to the driveway opposite us.
I would NEVER EVER suggest to anyone to buy their home.

Brand New house build

My wife and I purchased a new house from Mattamy and spent some good money in quality upgrades and they did a fabulous job putting it together. I'm an Automotive painter strickly on high end cars so I pay serious attention to detail and I was amazed to see how straight the walls were and the finished carpentry work is done to perfection. I had a budget and a vision of the type of house we wanted and they built us that mid size house with the Forest Hill area type of beauty. Customer service and my personal builders Shawn Rivers and Jamie W have been outstanding people and when ever I needed advice and called them they picked up the phone in heartbeat. When my moving company scratched some walls they sent in their touch up crew free of charge to see us happy. Mattamy has a good name many people told me the best and it's true. Great company I would highly recommend this company they don't turn their backs on you.

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

New Townhouse

I purchased a new Mattamy townhouse in October 2016 in Oakville. It developed serious roof leakage within a few of months of taking possession, causing water damage to all three levels of my home. In mid 2017 Mattamy attempted to repair the leaking roof and interior damage resulting from such. They never advised what had been done in the way of repairs in spite of my request to know. The roof began to leak again in 2018 and continues to do so as of now, in June 2019. Their customer service group is extremely difficult to contact and when you do manage to reach them they are very non-reactive and poorly responsive. They have a list of excuses as to why they cannot find and resolve the problem, ranging from weather conditions to lack of people and time, etc. Now they claim that there are so many issues with water leakage and other defects in construction that their repair crews are overwhelmed with work. They cannot give any kind of a time frame for making the repairs and when they do get around to it they will not give any kind of a report as to what they find and what they do to repair. They say they just do not have the time or resources. On my street and in my area alone there are several homeowners going through the same issues as I am, with leaking roofs, and these homeowners are being faced with the same negative attitude from Mattamy. Meanwhile Mattamy continue to sell and build new homes at a feverish pace. I have purchased new homes from other builders in the past and never have I been treated with such unprofessional and unacceptable service. Additionally, the workmanship has proven to be of the poorest quality. I would caution anyone who is considering to purchase a Mattamy home to rethink and go elsewhere. If anyone can offer advice to help me in resolving this situation it would be very much appreciated. Also, if there is anyone else out there having the same or similar issues with Mattamy, please voice your concerns.

Private User reviews Cambridge, ON

Worst company to deal with. - stay away

Booked a home 2 years ago with walkout basement. Constitution started Jan 2019 with closing in April. Foundations poured with no walkout. What a blunder. House closing extended to May 23. Some many defects. Pdi done and basement was flooded. House closed and 2 day later entire basement flooded. The roof is not done properly and the rain water pipes left on the roof so all the water drains to the roof. Paid 10K for upgraded kitchen and I think I could have done a better job. All the doors are cut as they did not cut openings properly. List goes on and on. NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY OR RECOMMEND MATTAMY TO ANYONE. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND HASSLE WITH MATTAMY.

ChuanPu in Oakville
ChuanPu in Oakville

Very bad experience with Mattamy Homes

We paid more than 1.5 Million for a detached home in Oakville. However, the service is absolutely no service. First of all, no weekend appointment could be made. Second, most of time, no one answers phone. I left message and never got back from them. If occasionally someone is in office, my coordinator won't be in, another time of leaving message and never call back. Thirdly, I complain about their service from their corportate level customer care. Again, message leaving system. About 6 months, nothing solved by Mattamy. I just want to know how cheap they pay their staff and how they train their staff. It must be on purpose. I would never buy Mattamy homes again since developer is greedy capitalist with no care to customer. Cannot imagine how a company like this will survive in Canada

More about Mattamy Homes

Welcome to Mattamy Homes: One product, lovingly crafted, humbly sold, then proudly owned. That's how it starts for most companies. That's how it started for Mattamy Homes in 1978.

Mattamy Homes is rigorous about every single aspect of community planning. We acquire the land, design the homes, plan the streets, and we create the people spaces—the walking and biking trails, parks, and other community features.

Still, our process remains unchanged in one fundamental way. We continue to keep our eyes, ears, and minds open. We talk to our future and present homeowners to completely understand diverse and evolving styles of living. And we continually attempt to provide for you the best, most liveable spaces with everything we learn.

Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with a nearly 40-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps 7,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the United States, the company is represented in 10 markets – Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Phoenix, Tucson, Jacksonville, Orlando (where its US head office is located), Tampa, Sarasota, Naples and Southeast Florida – and in Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton. Visit www.mattamyhomes.com for more information.