Mckinnon Heating Cooling

John O'Donohue from Toronto
John O'Donohue from Toronto
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

McKinnon a/c installation

I have used McKinnon for a new furnace, yearly service, and now a new a/c. The owner Michael is a straight shooter. He won't try to push a new unit if the old one is repairable. The a/c install team of Michael, Bran and Edward , laid out runners on every floor and step. The install was very clean, and they explained every step of the way. This is an honest, professional company with a team of highly trained technicians. I highly recommend them. John O'Donohue

Thank you for your review John. You are a wonderful client and it is our honour to take care of your home's comfort needs as well as your Daughter's home.

It is clients like you who make our work very rewarding.

Doru in Toronto
Doru in Toronto

Furnace and AC installation

I do not write reviews very often (especially if everything is ok).
This time I have a reason to give Mckinnon company 5 stars.
I replaced last summer (July 2021) 2 AC units and 2 Furnaces (for main and lower level). I communicated with Michael many times before installation regarding model and manufacturers of appliances.
I was looking for same Keeprite furnace model because was working for over 20 years.
Michael sent me specifications for different models (he recommended Goodman brand, but I wanted to compare all myself).
Goodman was the best for me, here are main reasons:
-variable speed motor with with lower nominal current (important for energy saving because is running almost all year, for furnace or AC
-much quieter than old unit
-smaller dimension but more heating (rated for 60000BTU, previous one was 50000BTU)
Selected furnace model was Goodman GMVM970603BN, modulating, variable speed.
This furnace is impressively quiet, even when operating on high speed, which it is rarely needs to do.
The installation team from Mckinnon did a wonderful job. Very polite, efficient and clean.
Last week Hamid helped with rerouting of S636 venting pipes (due to my deck construction)
Again, very happy with very good job done.
I'll recommend this company.

D. Capota

Doru, Thank you for the review, you were a pleasure to deal with.

Tankless Water Heater

Friendly, prompt service from McKinnon, always!
We had a Tankless Water Heater installed the very next day after out "Old" Water tank began leaking. The crew were on time and very friendly. When the job was complete they explained everything to us clearly.
Mckinnon installed our furnace back in 2018 and I would not have thought about going anywhere else.

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate your loyalty and hope you enjoy your new tankless water heater.

ND
ND

Air conditioning replacement (Spacepak)

I had 3 different companies assess and quote on my job. This company was the most responsive and efficient. I had an excellent experience with this company. They came promptly to assess the problem and quote on the replacement units needed. They provided excellent service and completed the job in 1 day. (Which during a summer heat wave is amazing!!). Very impressed with the workers. They were pleasant, cleaned up after themselves and worked efficiently. Highly recommended.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words and will communicate them to the crew who worked in your home.

Combo Heater Install

Great customer service and attention to detail from sales to installation. They were recommended to me by a neighbour that was having similar issues with our previous rental provider.

Thank you for your review, we are very appreciative of your business.

Salvatore in Sault Sainte Marie
Salvatore in Sault Sainte Marie
1 review Sault Ste. Marie, ON

Hot water heater replacement

The owner, Michael, came out and gave us a quote promptly. His installers, Michael and Jessie, were very professional, courteous, neat and tidy putting in a new tankless water heater. Another crew was called in to help remove the old cumbersome unit. Everyone worked together as a team to complete a difficult removal efficiently and without any damage. They ensured the new system was working properly and explained how it works. We are very impressed and highly recommend this company and this team.

Thank you Salvatore for your review. We will convey your kind words to Michael and Jessie. They are both exceptional installers and individuals and take great pride in their work.

We greatly appreciate your confidence and are always here for you, should any issues arise in the future.

Denise
Denise

Replaced furnace & installed humidifier

Our old furnace had 2 gas leaks in a short period, so it was time to replace it. McKinnon came promptly to look at the leak, gave us helpful information to choose a furnace, good prices on the new furnace, and we've had no problems since the installation. We're glad that some neighbours had recommended McKinnon.

Thank You Denise for your review. We appreciate you as a client and we are always here if you need us in the future.

Maureen in Richmond Hill
Maureen in Richmond Hill
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Navien Tankless Repair

This company is absolutely fantastic. Prompt - even late on a Sunday night emergency - no hot water. Gentleman that arrived was extremely knowledgeable, looked past the initial problem that he found even though it took extra time. He was articulate, had a great depth of knowledge about the product. Everything was cleaned up afterwards.

Thank you Maureen for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to service your tankless water heater and will always be here when you need us.

Wayne in Smiths Falls
Wayne in Smiths Falls
0 reviews Smiths Falls, ON

Quick. Reliable. Trustworthy. Affordable.

After being quoted $2500 from an independent contractor to fix the heat exchanger, I turned to Michael and his team at McKinnon. A service technician came out the same day. Michael went through the trouble of getting the secondary exchanger shipped from Brantford. The following day, I was up and running. Thank you, McKinnon.
Wayne Belick - Toronto

Thank you Wayne for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you.

Tim
Tim

Thorough Diagnosis and Repair

McKinnon installed my furnace several years ago - was quite satisfied with their price and service, but they didn't have the AC brand I wanted (Lennox) when I replaced my AC about 3 years ago, so went with another installer.

AC wasn't cooling properly this season, so contacted the original installer (a different company), who sent out a tech 3 times, who only proceeded to charge it up. The 3rd visit, I didn't even see their tech on site and got a call from a unknowledgeable customer service rep that I needed a new coil that would take a month to get.

After over a month, I called McKinnon to come and take a look - their tech was extremely thorough and tore everything apart trying to diagnose the issue...something the other company should have done. Turns out, when installed (by the other company), they did not install a part required to maintain differential pressure. Part installed and AC has worked perfectly ever since.

I've been happy in all the interactions I've had with McKinnon and if not for my preference for the AC brand, would have had them install it as well. I intend to use them for all future servicing.

Thank you for your review Tim. We are happy to have you back as a client and appreciate your business. We often tell our clients and potential clients that the critical component of an installation is the skill and integrity of the installers and not the brand of the equipment. Equipment installed incorrectly will never work properly and efficiently, causing grief and frustration to the homeowner until it is rectified.

More about Mckinnon Heating Cooling

Since 1934, Mckinnon Heating Cooling has been servicing the home comfort needs of the Greater Toronto Area. Mckinnon services and installs furnaces, boilers, tank and tankless water heaters, indoor air quality accessories (humidifiers, air cleaners, UV lights, Heat Recovery ventilators). Mckinnon also provides annual maintenance agreements.
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Downsview?