885 O'Connor Drive Toronto ON M4B 2S7

Instagram

Best of Award '22 winner 2 timesBest of Award '22winner 2 times

Reviews for Megacity Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd (An Essential Service Company during Covid19)

John in Toronto
John in Toronto

Excellent crisis support

They were amazing and provided service after we returned to a cold home with no heat and hot water. Eour provider (Enercare) refused to send anyone for service due to COVID-19 even though we have separate access to the heating systylem and no physical interaction was require. A poor excuse for no service after 19 years of being a client to Enercare. Megacity stepped up and we have order a whole new HVAC system to be installed after the quarantine ends. Tony, Dave and Ram are amazing to deal with. Very customer focused, efficient and they stand by their work with superior warranties for parts and labour.

Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate you taking the time. I will pass on your kind words to Tony, Dave and Ram. I know they will appreciate it as well.

Tammy
Office Manager

Remo Minchio  in Toronto
Remo Minchio in Toronto

New furnace

My furnace broke down just before my vacation called mega city Tony he came over that evening and told me my furnace was old which it was and told me it needed replacing he gave me a very good price and did an excellent job replacing it. Most importantly I didn't feel pressured into buying anything. Very happy with my new furnace and extremely happy with the service I received from mega city heating I highly recommend this company

Thank you so much for your review. We all appreciate you taking the time to submit it.

Furnace and AC installation

Had them give me a quote on a new furnace and AC, they were able to accommodate my schedule. When I got the furnace installed they were fast and professional. Very good financing plan available.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback.

Maria in Windsor
Maria in Windsor
1 review Windsor, ON

Furnace

Our furnace broke down when we least expected it... We looked on Enbridge's HRAI list and found "Megacity Heating". They were extremely fast, professional and precise. Dave was able to come within an hour of our phone call. Within hours we had our new furnace being installed. If I could I would give this company 12/10 stars and their technician Soheil went above and beyond!!!
Thank you for our furnace Megacity, see you next year for our cleaning :)

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate the feedback and will pass it on to the rest of our team.

Danielle in North York
Danielle in North York

Ductless

After receiving several quotes I finally got referred to MegaCity Heating. As soon as Dave the technician came by, I felt super confident as he was very knowledgeable and tech savvy. He went into great detail about the specs of the ductless system and explained to me how and why it would be the perfect choice for my 80 year old home in Toronto. Two days later I called MegaCity back and set up an install date. Their install tech came and didn’t fail to impress. Their service and workmanship were excellent. I highly recommend this company their pricing was competitive but more importantly they were honest with me. Cheers to MegaCity a gem serving the GTA.
Thanks, Danielle

Thank you very much for your review. I have passed on your words to the rest of our team and we are all very appreciative of the time you took to leave a review for us.

Tony in Cambridge
Tony in Cambridge
1 review Cambridge, ON

Tankless Water Heater

I came home to a leaking hot water heater and was in a scurry to find a solution. I did some research on HomeStars and found Megacity Heating, with one phone call Megacity was at my house within a couple hours. Dave the technician was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and trustworthy. He recommended due to the lack of space in my basement and age of the existing water heater to upgrade to a Rinnai Tankless system. Within hours they installed a brand new system and I have never felt more comfortable in my life dealing with a heating contractor. I can guarantee I will always be calling Megacity Heating when need be. Thanks guys Dave and Tammy!

Thank you so much for your amazing review. It is very appreciated. As is your confidence in us. We are just a phone call away should you ever need our services again.

Furnace replacement

I am a single woman. Sometimes dealing with home issues can be daunting. Megacity has been my HVAC for over 15 years. Efficient, come when they say, reasonable pricing, honest! Their technicians are polite, trustworthy, on time, tidy, and most importantly, superior tradespeople.I highly recommend them for all your HVAC and “on demand” needs.

Thank you so much for your kind words and your amazing review. I will pass it on to the rest of our team. It really helps to know we are doing things right. All of us at Megacity appreciate your confidence in us.

Fanny  from Toronto
Fanny from Toronto

Replaced furnace and hot water heater

We are pleased with the service we received from Megacity.
After realizing that our 20 year furnace was failing, we decided to replace it.
Tammy the manager, sent us Dave, who give us an estimate, and the replacement took place the next day. Soheil, the technician, was very pleasant, efficient, and fast. All the work, plus cleaning up, took about 4 hours.
Tammy, will forward the request to OPA, so we can receive our $250.00 rebate for purchasing a high efficiency furnace.

Thank you Tammy, Dave and Soheil.
H & F

Thank you very much for your glowing review. I have shared your kind words with the rest of our staff.
Tammy

FSweetman
FSweetman

Furnace Cleaning

I used Megacity for about 15 years and until the last 3 or 4 years, I trusted them, mainly because of Darin's friendly demeanor.

In the last few years, I have encountered several instances of getting voice mail when trying to book an appointment during business hours no matter what time of day it was. Businesses with land lines should answer the phone.

I first had them install ductless AC and then used them for boiler cleaning. The installer of the AC assured me that there was no maintenance required and that it would be cheaper than window units - it isn't. After about 12 years, the indoor units started leaking so they cleaned up the drip tubes and checked the compressor. At the next service call, I was told that the indoor units should be cleaned because dirt causes imbalance in the fan and that these units were meant to be turned on and left on for the duration of the season. I did that and spent a couple of days cleaning the units as best as I could but the unit that is used the most, started leaking in 3 areas instead of just one. I guess dirt was not the problem! Using 2 buckets and a towel to catch the drips is not a solution. Since none of the suggestions worked, I decided not to bother with another service all and bought a room air conditioner instead.

Now on to boiler cleaning - the last carbon monoxide reading was 86. The one before that 82 and before that, 78. These are within the limit but the rise, indicates a problem that I did not clue in on at the time because I had no idea what components are in a boiler.

I had another company clean the boiler. The reading is now 38. The conduit/piping to the chimney were clogged with dirt. The heat exchanger was uncovered and it was filthy - 22 years' worth of dirt. The numbers speak for themselves.

I now have a much better understanding of how it all works and what the components are and what a proper cleaning entails. It's much more than taking the burner cover off and vacuuming the burners for 22 years.

Aileen and Oliver, East York
Aileen and Oliver, East York
3 reviews East York, ON

Installation and Service of Furnace, Air Conditioning and Tankless Hot Water

A very big Thank You to all at Megacity. As we are moving from the city, we want to express our gratitude and satisfaction for the past six years of dealings with all the team. Superb Service and Knowledge! Wishing you all Success for the future.

What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

Thank You for taking the time to write this review. We all appreciate your kind words and your business. We wish you all the best in your new home!!

More about Megacity Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd (An Essential Service Company during Covid19)

Megacity Heating and Air Conditioning Ltd offers our customers 24 hour emergency service on all makes and models. We clean, service and install most HVAC products including tankless water heaters. For more information please visit our website at www.megacityhvac.com. Customer Service is our #1 Priority!!!