GJ MacRae Foundation Repair

Tara & Richard in Bolton

Fixed major foundation problem

In the summer of 2009, after interviewing a few contractors, we hired GJ
MacRae to fix a major walkout / foundation problem on our 37 year old house
in Bolton. One wall of our foundation had tilted inward, and had sustained
substantial cracks. Consequently, water was penetrating into our finished
basement. Needless to say, it was a very stressful time, and the worry and
distress it caused us as a family was significant.

From the very beginning of the repair process, the people at GJ MacRae

instilled confidence, and exuded professionalism. You could tell John and
Gavin knew what they were talking about, and they assured us the job would
be done properly and on time. They allayed our worries and fears, and
throughout the 3 week process, Gavin communicated what was happening and
consistently delivered updates and returned phone calls (even after hours).
His calm demeanor and pleasant and professional approach was a welcome and
reassuring thing in a world full of pseudo-contractors and fly-by-nighters,
who seldom return calls or perform adequately.

GJ MacRae came in and did exactly what they promised they were going to do.
The job was completed in exemplary fashion--on time and for the price
quoted. The repair site was left cleaner and neater than when GJ MacRae
found it, and the quality of the workmanship was superior. Overall, we
couldn't be happier about the quality of service we received.

GJ is a company I wholeheartedly endorse, and I would recommend them to
anyone experiencing foundation issues. You won't be disappointed!

Tara & Rick: Thank you so much for your input. I know your job was a tricky one and you're correct, John's 30+years of experience came in handy! I'm glad you put John's expertise to work for you! I know Gavin really appreciated your comments. We're glad we were able to help.

Steven O. in Mississauga
Steven O. in Mississauga

Foundation Repairs

I am pleased to be able to provide a testimonial in support of Kevin McQuade. We have used his services on more than one occasion for unrelated matters. The nature of the work required was determined in a timely fashion. The work was completed on schedule and our premises were left in a clean state. We were very pleased with everything associated to the task at hand. Additionally there were no surprises on the quotation. I would have no hesitation in recommending Kevin.

Steve: Thank you so much for sharing your review. We are grateful that you have called us on more than one occasion and I know that Kevin appreciates your feedback. All the best in 2010.

B & M in Westend
B & M in Westend

Foundation Work

Not only was the actual foundation work completed by the MacRae crew absolutely first rate, the outstanding service provided by the whole MacRae team was outstanding beginning to end. We received pro-active calls from them to advise of timing, the crews arrived exactly on-time everytime, and everyone continued to inquire if the work was being completed to our satisfaction until the project was finished. A great experience. ....And to everyone our sincere thanks

B & M: Your feedback is important to us; thank you! We try our best every time out. The little things on a job are very important and it's quite rewarding for the G J MacRae team that you have acknowledged our efforts! Thanks again!

Richard S in Toronto
Richard S in Toronto

Foundation Repair

MacRae was very responsive to our needs. The job was completed without delay, and of absolute top quality. The crew took care of our property, and everyone we dealt with at MacRae, was very professional. I highly recommend them!

Richard:

Thank you for your support and confirming we're on the right track.

Lorna F. in Upper Beach
Lorna F. in Upper Beach
1 review ,

Dear Kevin,
I just wanted to let you know how pleased I am with the work performed by G J MacRae on my home. The crew were efficient, professional and thorough. The people who repaired the driveway exhibited the same attention to detail and cleaned up thoroughly too. You would like to know that a handyman working for my neighbour commented that in 25 years working in this area, your crew were the most proficient that he had seen doing foundation repairs. Thank you for a stress free experience.

Dear Lorna:

Yes, it can be very stressful having people around your home. Every effort is made by the crew to provide as little interruption as possible. Your review is very much appreciated by myself, Kevin and his crew.

Terry C. in East York
Terry C. in East York
1 review East York, ON

Repaired basement flooding

One month after purchasing a post war bungalow in East York we discovered water in the corner of our basement. Having seen Holmes on Holmes and seeing the GJ MacRae truck in our neighbourhood, I went on the web site, and called them. I took some advice first and built up the outside as high as I could with peat; I adjusted the “slope” and stabilized the one down spout from the eaves trough which had been displaced unknowingly. This bought me some time.
The following three seasons, brought record precipitation, in snow, and rain, and after about 18months, we found water again. This time I called MacRae a quote.
I had many questions, always being concerned that I would be taken advantage of in an industry that I know very little about. Kevin was very straight forward, answered all of my many questions and came up with a worst case and best case scenario.
 I felt immediately comfortable with McRae’s standard pricing levels, and I understood what was entailed in the work that we were about to do. I also felt that I understood what would turn our best case situation into a more difficult one, and how that would impact the quote financially.
 The workers arrived as scheduled, were very courteous and professional (as well as informative). Of course some unexpected issues came up, but I felt informed enough, to make the best decisions on site. The work came in somewhere between the best and worst case plans, and the necessary work was carried out quickly and with minimal disruption.
 My basement was restored to its pre work set up, and life has carried on in the comfortable feeling of not having to worry about the basement every time we expect a hard rain or snow fall. That peace of mind is hard to come by as a home owner, but I have it thanks to Kevin and his crew.

Dear Terry:

I'm glad we were able to ease your mind about having a foundation repair done on your home. It's always a good policy to take care of the obvious first;like your eaves trough and grading as Kevin recommended on his first visit. Both Kevin & I, thank you for your feedback.

Rick B. in Toronto
Rick B. in Toronto

Foundation Repairs

I have enjoyed working with GJ MacRae on two occasions in the last 4 years. In each situation I have found staff to be attentive to customers wishes, while providing expertise and solid workmanship. I have no issues in recommending this company to any who inquire.
Best Regards, Rick

Good Morning Rick:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Your support is very much appreciated.

Peter M. in Mississauga
Peter M. in Mississauga

Excavated exterior of foundation and replaced weeping tiles and installed barrier.Repaired gas line relocation

Thanks again Tom and crew for a job well done. The replacement soon was installed perfectly. The house went on the market on Friday and had an offer early Saturday morning over the asking price. It sold. Now Grandma gets packing.

Dear Peter:

I'm glad your grandmother was able to sell the house in such a timely fashion; we're happy to have helped. I appreciate your feedback and so does Tom. Thank you.

DeanP
DeanP
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Foundation Repair

The quality of the work and the professionalism of the crews was top notch. I have no worries the work will ever leak.

We had a large foundation "hole" and had searched for a number of contractors to fix the work. We sought out G J MacRae because they were on Holmes on Holmes and we had little experience with this sort of work.

I will admit that getting a hold of the rep was difficult and it did take about 2 weeks before I had someone come out and visit, but the office personnel were courteous and helpful. They work on the job until complete and never left to do other jobs.

I highly recommend the company.

Good Afternoon Dean:

I wanted to thank you so much for your review. We book up quickly and make every effort to attend in a timely fashion.

Patrick in Oakville
Patrick in Oakville
4 reviews ,

Window well

Same review as under company name "MacRae GJ Foundation Repair".

I contacted them on July 27 about a basement leak. They showed up 2 days later and promised a quote on Aug. 3. I heard nothing by August 10 so sent a follow up email. No response. Contacted them on Aug. 20th. They finally sentme a quote on Aug. 21 and promised to start in 2 weeks. It's now Sept. 19 and I've never heard from them since. I gave up and went with another contractor. (finally got an apology on Sept. 24).

I acknowledge our sales representative mishandled communications with Patrick from Oakville, July 2009.

We are a 30+ year company with a system in place. As we strive for perfection,everytime; we're not perfect. We have addressed the communications shortfall with the representative involved and will monitor more closely.

More about GJ MacRae Foundation Repair

GJ MacRae Foundation Repair is the original crack repair, weeping tile system, waterproofing and underpinning specialist in the GTA. Fully licensed and bonded with over half a century of combined experience. Home of the original transferable warranty, the most reliable and honored warranty in the business. Family owned and operated since 1975.