Organized Interiors

Reviews for Organized Interiors

LouiseM
LouiseM

Custom Built-In Family Room Unit

Amazing design -every detail is measured and noted, we have a shiplap backer and perfect length and depth for our room. Great workmanship. We LOVE it, excellent installation and service too. Changed the whole feel of our room - feels so put together and beautiful yet perfectly comfortable for our family.its the mai. Room we spend time in so worth the upgrade for a custom unit. Definitely recommend! Now just have to style it!!

Tamar & Fam in Toronto
Tamar & Fam in Toronto

Basement Wall Unit

This was our fourth experience with Micheline and her team and it went as well as all the others. Her design was great and she was on top of all the changing measurements as our room reno unfolded. The installation went really smoothly, and the unit looks fantastic. Really appreciate the great work.

Zack in Toronto
Zack in Toronto

Ok design, nightmare execution

I have worked with Micheline and Andrew before their previous company was merged into Organized Interior. I was very happy with the previous project so naturally I hired them again in summer 2020 for a much bigger project - custom desk, murphy bed, walk-in closet, and a media unit with electric fire place. Design from Micheline was everything that I wanted. I went ahead and that’s when things started to go south. The quality and workmanship delivered was simply horrible. Installers left lots of marks and dents on my wall, some panels didn’t line up, edges of the desk are sharp as knife because it wasn’t sanded, USB port on the desk constantly made buzzing sound and the power is intermittent (fire hazard?) just to name a few. I worked with them and they promised to get everything resolved. However, there’s a huge communication problem between the project manager and the installers; every time they sent someone on site, there’s a thing or two they couldn’t fix because they weren’t supplied the right material. It’s been more than 6 months now and at this point I am not getting any response from them after reaching out to follow up for the outstanding items. I am left with an incomplete and defective project not knowing if it will ever get done. Very disappointed and I’m planning to file a consumer complaint. Avoid!

Update: After roughly 7 months I heard from the director of the company asking for the remaining balance of the project and threaten to put a lien on my property if I don’t cooperate. They offered a pityful discount on the remaining balance in exchange for not coming back to finish the project which I ended up accepting as I have sold the condo. They also pressured me on taking this review down which likely violates the policy of homestars. My verdict stands - avoid this shop like the plague…

During the pandemic, we were most definitely challenged with labour shortages and supplier closures.

We understand that the time delays imposed on ALL industries have been met with frustration across the globe.

We have communicated these challenges to our clients, and we have also modified our process to call our clients more frequently with updates.

We returned to this project site to service details on two (2) occasions. With all components installed and the project serviced, the project is 100% complete. Our client opted out of the subsequent Warranty Program as he selected and preferred to accept a discount.

Laura in Vaughan
Laura in Vaughan
1 review Caledon, ON

MUD ROOM/LAUNDRY CABINETS

We had a great start with Organized Interiors. After getting 4 different quotes and doing lots of research, we decided to go with Organized Interiors because of their reputation, years in service, and our amazing design consultant, Karen. Karen was very meticulous with her measurements and had great suggestions for our space. She promptly sent us a quote, and called and emailed to follow up. She displayed amazing customer service that is hard to find these days!

Once installation day arrived, the installers began their work promptly and they were very friendly and professional. My husband noticed that they were installing grey cabinets in the laundry room area, when we had ordered white. We had only ordered grey for the mudroom area. We quickly checked our paperwork and the mistake was not with Karen's PO. She clearly stated the two different colour choices on the PO.

We informed the installers of the colour mistake and they were very quick to offer any solutions that they could do on the spot. The rest was custom and would have to be re-ordered in white.

3 days after the installation, we still had not received a call or email from anyone at Organized Interiors regarding the mistake, when/how it would be fixed, nor was there an apology. I had to reach out to Karen myself and inform her of the mistake (which was not hers). Karen quickly responded and gave me the contact information for Andrew in production and she also forwarded him my email. Even after Karen forwarded my email regarding the error in colour, nobody called or emailed to reach out to us regarding the mistake. Days later, I had to initiate contact with Andrew and follow up myself. On March 12th, Andrew responded and apologized for the delay in the production of the new order and wrote a lengthy email explaining all of the reasons for the production delays. On March 30th, I still had not heard anything from Organized Interiors regarding our order. I had to initiate contact again and email Andrew. He informed me about more reasons for delays, most of them due to Covid. We continued to wait. On April 20th, we had yet to have any contact regarding the finishing of our order. Again, I had to reach out and ask about our order. We were beginning to think that our project was going to be left incomplete, as there was a complete absence of communication from anyone at Organized Interiors. We understand that there are delays and issues in production, but it doesn take much to reach out to a customer and say, "We're sorry for the mistake, we will keep you informed about your project completion." Once I complained about the lack of communication, Andrew has since been kind enough to finally keep us updated regarding the finishing of our project. The unfortunate thing, is that I had to complain in the first place and that until I did, the only person to ever apologize for the actual mistake in production was Karen, and it had nothing to do with her.

Our design was completed on January 21st. It is now May 7th and we still have an unfinished project. We are reasonable people who do not like to complain. We have been patient and understanding regarding the delays due to Covid. This is not a hug life problem in the grand scheme of things, but we did pay our hard earned money to a good company and unfortunately ended up with less than favourable results.

UPDATE JUNE 14, 2021 - WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR OUR JOB TO BE COMPLETED. The last date anyone from Organized Interiors contacted us was May 15th. Run away as fast as you can from this company. They don't care about their customers and they are riddled with production issues and excuses. Be aware that they DO NOT manufacture all of their components, so they continue to blame their outside suppliers.

We know you don’t need a reminder of what’s going on in the world these days, but we wanted to address the very important and relevant issue that is affecting many manufacturers, retailers, and you, our valued consumers as a result of the covid-19 outbreak. Many manufacturers around the world have faced multi-month long shutdowns, reduced staff numbers, and faced new regulations when they were allowed to reopen once again. It is with no doubt that when this occurred the world saw significant decreases in production on all levels.
This ripple effect hit all industries including ours. When manufacturers are behind due to shut down and limited staff, material supplies diminish quickly and ordering supplies take much longer. We know that this has impacted you and we are working hard to ensure that we track updates to schedule and serve our customers as quickly as possible.
The process for correcting a material error involves many steps from ordering to installation with unprecedented supplier delays. Regardless of the delays, we ask for your patience and understanding as we navigate the covid-19 induced roadblocks and work to complete all the details of your custom project.

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Closets, bookcase, shoe shelf

We love our custom closets and bookcase. We are repeat customers because of the quality design and product and good customer service by Organized Interiors. Karen, our designer is very knowledgeable. She made spot on recommendations for the space, took our feedback and designed 3 closets, 1 shoe shelf and bookcase perfectly for use. No space is wasted. Everything fits and it looks beautiful. The installation crew shows up on time, they work to complete the project and clean up beautifully afterward. They also check with you before leaving for final inspection and ask if you would like to make any adjustments – which they are happy to accommodate (unless it affects structure). Organized Interior also gives a fair and welcome repeat customer discount. I highly recommend and I look forward to my next project with them.

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Edda in Toronto
Edda in Toronto

Walk in closet

Great fast efficient service. All details were clearly explained, the job was completed faster that expected which was a great plus for us. Will definitely recommend their services. Great value for the cost

Sheila in Toronto
Sheila in Toronto

Great product, great service

I had a very particular design I wanted for a huge cabinet in a newly built mudroom. Christopher was very helpful with the design for my idea and made suggestions that improved it. I wanted custom paint and handles and OI was very open to working with me on it. Would highly recommend and would definitely use again.

stockley.tracy in North York
stockley.tracy in North York

Custom closets in three bedrooms

Poor install and service all round. Delays in building closets. Did not send doors for master bedroom closet at time of install, had to wait 2+ weeks without closet doors. Mirror installed on wrong door and had to move entire door to correct this. Two closets needed repairs six months after install - still waiting on repairs SIX MONTHS LATER. Meanwhile company is in other houses installing new closets. Avoid this company completely, they don’t care about their customers or their follow up service.

Mark in Kitchener
Mark in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Built in bookcase

Extremely happy with our new built in bookcase. Price was reasonable, Hoshang was a pro with the estimate and providing advice on options. The installation was on time and the two guys who did the work were extremely courteous, hardworking and did a great job. We would definitely use them again for other projects and have recommended them to friends

pmartosh30 in Markham
pmartosh30 in Markham

Bedrooms and front closet

Fabulous. Great design. Responsive to suggestions. Efficient. The installers were On time, polite and efficient. Closets are very good quality and elegant looking. Love love love them. Will have Organized Interiors in again for future projects.

More about Organized Interiors

We design, manufacture and install custom closet systems, and storage solutions for your home. Since 1974 we have been helping Toronto residents, make space for living.
Looking for Closet & Storage Solutions pros in Vaughan?