Rent A Son

Reviews for Rent A Son

DW in Toronto
DW in Toronto

Just Awesome - my second move with them

This company is just the best. This was my second time using Rent A Son and they did not disappoint. My moving coordinator, Erika, really knows her stuff - had all the right questions to get the details just right and her time estimates for the move were spot-on.
The fellows who performed the actual move were outstanding: Junior, Jowel, Brandon, and Devon. They were pretty prompt arriving and got right down to business. Not only did they treat my belongings with care but they were just super nice guys. They even handled two (2) heavy solid wood cabinets (6.5 feet by 3.5 ft).
With the final invoicing there were some questions around a parking ticket but they investigated and sorted it out. Just a great team overall. I expect to need another move within the next few years and I'll definitely be using them again! Highly recommended!!!

MarlieP in Toronto
MarlieP in Toronto
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Move from Toronto to Ottawa

Rent a Son was one of many movers I got in touch with for the move. Took a chance and have no regrets. We moved 2 households in the same truck to one location. It couldn't have gone smoother. Amanda was the coordinator on the job and she was the best. The great mover team was efficient on both ends. The dogs loved them too! 100% would use them again.
Marlie and Dylan

M.E.
M.E.

Great Movers, Poor Communication, No Respect for Customers

We were recommended Rent-A-Son by some friends who used them and had a great experience as well as a former worker who worked there in their earlier days. Sadly ours was not a great experience.

Getting in touch with them for an estimate was a trial. They would not respond to emails for weeks. This should have been a red flag.

Day of the move, the movers are 40 minutes late, they called one of us, didn't mention they would be late, and said they would call the other person who was on site at the time. They never called. Had we not booked extra time to move out we might have run into a logistical pickle.

Upon arrival we learned that the Warehouse gave their truck away to another team, so they have a truck that is too small for our job. They resolved to moving things to the loading area until a replacement truck can arrive. When the other truck arrives the too-small truck almost didn't turn over to get out of the way. Luckily it did and we never had to see that truck again. Hopefully it's not being used for any moves anywhere.

They finished loading the truck from 2 sites at 3pm, said they'd get food and then head to the drop-off location. In Toronto traffic at 3:30pm we thought for sure they'd just be an hour or so, as that's what it was for us to drive from one location to the other. They call us at 5pm, they are only leaving Toronto now, as the Office called them to run a side job. Turns out there was another job at Ontario Place who got too small of a truck, and our movers, on our time, had to go to Ontario Place to pickup the excess moving blankets. So now they're leaving Toronto at 5pm during rush hour. Not even sure if they had a chance to eat yet. They logged the one hour or so as a break to try and make sure that we wouldn't get charged for it, but I think in the end we still paid more for the extra time it took for them to travel during rush hour.

Our movers arrived after 6pm, get everything unloaded into the house and are done just after 9pm. Only one thing was slightly damaged, a desk made of particle board, which is good! Particle board is weak, and we have a lot of it.

The head mover was more upset about the run around the company had been giving us on our moving day than we were, and I get it, he's the one who's getting screwed when they give his truck away and make him 2 hours late to a dropoff site. The movers themselves were great, the office/administration is the real issue.

Alex in Saint John
Alex in Saint John
0 reviews Delta, BC

Unable to meet schedule and increased rates after quoting

quote came in with a delivery window and rate per 100 lb. I am writing this the day after the delivery window has closed and still have not received the delivery or have an ETA. In addition, the final invoice came in with an increase in the rate per 100 lb with no explanation, discussion or agreement. After asking to honor the initial quote was told no, again with no discussion.

Had a great moving day with Oshane, Micaiah and Tristian

We just completed moving around the corner. Despite the close location the excellent crew of Oshane, Micaiah and Tristan were incredibly thorough and careful. They worked all day and had to climb so many flights of stairs at both locations - which they did without problem. All of our furniture is now in our new place and the boxes are waiting to be unpacked.

Oshane was an excellent foreman and Micaiah and Tristian were well trained. Despite the fact that everyone was working so hard, we still had a good time together.

If all of the Rent-A-Son movers are like these fantastic guys you can’t go wrong.

Thanks Rent-A-Son and Oshane, Micaiah and Tristian.

Jordan

Anna
Anna

Easy Moving with Rent A Son

I hope to not move any time soon, but if I do, I would call Rent A Son first. This is my second move with them and I couldn't be happier. From Erika and Aseem in the office to Nathan and his team on the ground it was easy and they did their best to reduce my stress. The Sons were cheerful, careful and respectful. They didn't even complain when they got caught in a downpour. The move came in under budget and took less time than expected. I highly recommend this company.

Private User reviews Halton Hills, ON

Labour-Only Move

Just completed a move with Daniel and Jesse and from start to finish the process was flawless. Super professional, efficient and knowledgeable movers that know what they're doing. We finished the move in less than the estimated time and the guys had a great attitude the whole time. Nothing damaged in either home and everything was as stress free as I could have hoped. Thank you to Rob from the estimating stage and Daniel and Jesse for the labour! You guys are all awesome!

KBennett
KBennett

Saved the best for last

Rent a son was the fourth mover we found in a string of terrible situations to get our family moved from Ontario to PEI. Today was only the first piece of our move but I am beyond words with how impressed and thankful I am for their willingness to help and ability to put me at ease through this mess. Junior, Jowel, Hudson, and Devon were just the greatest. They were so thoughtful and thorough and careful with our things and even tolerated my incessant, while unintentional, stress chatting. It was a long day but they were so pleasant throughout. It was better than I could have hoped for and I wish a had found them first!

Jeffry in Guelph
Jeffry in Guelph

Fiona, Junior, Devon & Brandon were Awesome!

From beginning to end, customer service co-ordinator Fiona, and the three movers -- Junior, Devon and Brandon -- made our recent move from Toronto to Niagara a total and easy breeze. From the professional customer service, to the total-pro moving and packing expertise, we made everything fit, and in really good time too! Perfect people skills, and a good sense of humour also helped ;) Once you use movers of this quality once, you'll never go back to moving yourself again. Great experience from start to finish!

Cristina
Cristina

In-House Labour Services and large items removal

This is not my first time booking Rent-a-Son. They helped me with a big house move in 2014 and it went great! That's why they were my first call for some in-house moving services. I needed heavy furniture moved around and large appliances moved out of the house in prep for a large renovation. That back breaking work was something I could not do, that's why I hired these professionals. They were on time, professional and completed the tasks in the time agreed to. They also maintained safety precautions during this crazy COVID time. The workers kept themselves and us safe by following public health protocols. Thank you Rent-a-Son. Happy to refer them to everyone!

More about Rent A Son

Rent-a-Son, winner of HomeStars Best Mover in Toronto for 2010, 2011 and 2014, provides insured, bonded and professional residential and commercial moving services. Based in Toronto, Ontario, we provide local, provincial and long distance moving nationally, cross border and internationally.

Rent-a-Son is an agent of northAmerican van lines and is a certified member of the Canadian Association of Movers.

We also offer storage and warehousing out of our Toronto location where we have 25,000 sq ft of temperature controlled, alarmed and video monitored space.