Sonoma Contracting

Reviews for Sonoma Contracting

Heidi & Erik, Toronto
Heidi & Erik, Toronto

Basement Reconstruction

It isn't often that you find someone who will go out of their way for you. Mike is that kind of person. Our basement was flooded and to make a long story short, I was 8 months pregnant and our basement was in need of reconstruction in a hurry. Mike made special arrangements to take on the job, working late into the night and on weekends. The baby came early, but due to Mike's extra efforts (under difficult circumstances too - I was in the hospital for a week and he had to work around that!), the walls were put back up before the baby came home and he finished a very large job on schedule and on budget, as promised. He did an excellent job adding a few design elements and we are very happy with the work. Mike is a great guy to boot and a pleasure to have in our house - he really cares about the quality of his work. He left everything clean and our basement looks great. We will definitely hire him again for future work (& recommend him to our friends) - thanks Mike!

N in Scarborough
N in Scarborough
2 reviews ,

Basement Renovation

We had gotten several quotes for our basement and Sonoma gave us the budget and the kind of work we were looking for. Mike from our first contact was easy going, laid back, knowledgeable and very in tune with our needs. He kept us in the loop with changes and always asked for feedbacks as he went along. We are ecstatic with his work and look forward to many more - a bathroom reno may be on the way! We definitely recommend Mike to all our friends - it was a pleasure working with him!

Tom in Annex
Tom in Annex

Basement Renovation

I hired Mike (Sonoma) after pretty bad experiences with a number of contractors. He was friendly and trustworthy from the word go, stuck to the budget and did an amazing job. I can thoroughly recommend him - particularly to those who are as sick of the usual runaround contractors can give you.

High Park, Toronto
High Park, Toronto

basement rennovation

My Wife’s Miracle Men

My wife can’t stop praising the excellent work Sonoma Contracting did renovating our basement. We got to know Aldo about 2 years ago and his previous work was great. This past year, we got to know Mike. Both of them are honest and were on target with the budget they laid out for us. More importantly, Sonoma was dependable and trustworthy. We let Mike and Aldo guide us all the way with their recommendations and expertise. In addition, Mike and Aldo carefully handpick their crew. Each of the guys were the best in their field, both professional and courteous. We intend to hire Sonoma this Spring for further renovations.

Sonia and Brian in Aurora
Sonia and Brian in Aurora

Kitchen Renovation

When I decided to redo my kitchen, the one thing that I feared the most was hiring a contractor who would take advantage of the situation. NOT MIKE!!!! Right from the start, Mike listened to what was needed and made me feel at ease. During each stage of the project, I was always informed and given helpful suggestions along the way. Mike went out of his way in helping me find my countertop and sink contacts. He will stick his neck out to keep you satisfied, whether it be something small or large, Mike will go that extra mile for his clients. Thanks Mike for everything, Sonia.

Family in Aurora
Family in Aurora

Home Office in the Basement

I had eleven separate contractors look at my floor plans for a home office, most of whom spent approximately 20 minutes glancing around. However, Mike spent over an hour looking for issues I had not thought about (nor did the other 10 contractors) and gave options I should explore along with recommendations.

Based on this initial meeting, it was an easy decision to go with Sonoma Contracting even though others estimated for a lower cost and earlier delivery date. -- And it was a wise decision in the end.

Throughout the process, Mike gave feedback on how things were moving along and where we may have to revise the plan. Regardless these changes, the quote he gave me on the first day was the amount I paid in the end. And the most important thing, was that Mike did what he said he was going to do -- something that is rare in my experience with contractors in general.

The end result was a room that looked better than what I had envisioned. I am certainly going to give him a shout when I have the budget to finish the rest of the basement.

Thanks Mike.

The Hachey's in Mississauga
The Hachey's in Mississauga

Kitchen and complete First Floor Reno- The Hachey's

Mike of Sonoma Contracting made my 25 year Dream Kitchen + more come true. His quality of work, knowledge and attention to detail was extraordinary. We started off with only a Kitchen reno and finished with a complete first floor reno. I can't thank him enough it turned out beautiful. Everyone that comes by my house are amazed at how great my house looks! I would highly recommend Sonoma contracting.

Joe in richmond hill
Joe in richmond hill

Basement and main Floor reno

Workmanship, service, timing and most important Budget was right on. Very Easy going and patient with changes. Strongly recommend for anyone doing a basement or a complete reno like we did

Brian from Richmond Hill
Brian from Richmond Hill
9.8/10

Framing For Garage Door

We were very impressed with the work done. Mike and Aldo were very knowledgeable, professional and completed this project within the budget and as set out in the quote. We would not hesitate to hire Mike for a future project.

C&E W. from Toronto
C&E W. from Toronto

Fence

Mike and Aldo completed this project in a timely and satisfactory manner, and on budget. We will certainly be using their services again for any future home- improvement needs. Highly recommend them....

More about Sonoma Contracting

Our company is committed in providing quality service with efficiency and cost effectiveness. Upon initial request, our staff will contact you to schedule an appointment to discuss your needs. Meeting you and viewing the job is important to us as it allows us to ensure that we give an accurate assessment and reduces the risk of unforeseen problems or misunderstanding which can affect budget. Once an assessment is performed and all your options are discussed, a quote will be provided within 2 to 5 business days (depending on size of a project).

When you choose Sonama Contracing, we work with you to determine timelines. We understand that you're excited about your project’s completion and that any renovation can disrupt your home or work. For this reason, projects are scheduled and completed as efficiently as possible without compromising quality.

We know that you will be satisfied with our work because we understand that without you and word of mouth…we don’t have a business.