Floor Laying & Refinishing
154 Wicksteed Ave Toronto ON M4G 2B6

Best of 2021 winner 6 timesBest of 2021winner 6 times

Reviews for The Floor Shop

Floor repair

Tom worked efficiently and enthusiastically. Well organized and tidy. A pleasure to have him in our home.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Second job just as satisfied

The floor shop just completed the replacement of hardwood in my L/R, D/R, +1 in my condo. This is the second job they have done in my home and I couldn't be happier with the price, quality and installation. Debbie, the salesperson was very helpful and great to work with. Tamas, the installer, did an outstanding job! I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Excellent Customer Service & Quality of work unparalled

We had raw wood floors installed that were sanded, stained and finished.

The process began with removing our old flooring and prepping the sub-floor for installation. The team of gentlemen that came for this portion of the project were professional and efficient.

Once the floors were installed Doug (the sander, stainer, and finisher) came and worked his magic. The floors look so smooth and they were a near perfect match to our existing hardwood floors.

Full disclosure, there were a couple of boards that had flaking (thank you covid) and had to be replaced. Peter's team came to replace the flaking boards, hand sanded and stained them (and although they looked good, they were not quite perfect). The team returned and re sanded and finished the floors. The end result is flawless, and totally worth the extra time and wait.

Full disclosure, there were some issues with a couple of pieces of wood, that were replaced, hand sanded and stained (after this process we were not quite satisfied with the result). We then proceeded to have the entire floor re sanded and finished. The end result is flawless and we couldn't be happier!

Samarie in Toronto
Samarie in Toronto

Hardwood floor replacement throughout my home

I would recommend the Floor Shop without reservation. Peter was very helpful and informative when making my selection. He came out to do the measurements promptly and answered my many questions patiently. He discussed pros and cons with me so that we could make an informed decision and I am really happy with the final product. Andrew scheduled the job, explained what I needed to do to prepare for the work and his teams arrived on time, worked hard and tidied up each evening before leaving.

It is amazing what a difference the new floors make to the overall appearance of my home. Thank you!

I could be a tad biased but I definitely agree that a new hardwood floor does wonders to the overall appearance of a home. Your kind words are much appreciated!
James, The Floor Shop

Jayne Patterson from Toronto
Jayne Patterson from Toronto

Basement Apartment Flooring

I sought 5 quotes before choosing The Floor Shop. Peter came for a site visit and explained exactly how they would proceed with the job. He promptly provided a quote the next day. A week later Bob and his partner arrived to lay down vinyl flooring in two small rooms in my basement apartment. They were cheerful and eager to do the work. They did an absolutely super job and thoroughly cleaned up when they were finished. I will call the Floor Shop whenever I need flooring done!!

Thank you so much Jayne. It was a pleasure meeting you and we are thrilled that the whole process was done to your satisfaction!
James

L Collodel
L Collodel

new hardwood floor installation throughout home & laminate floor in basement

I contacted The Floor Shop (Mississauga) to have all my home's wall-to-wall carpeting removed from the top and main floors and replaced with beautiful hardwood flooring ('autumn leaf' oak). Every detail of the cost and installation was clearly explained to me. In addition, I had a new laminate floor installed in the basement which included an oak handrail and spindles that matched the floor perfectly!

The staff at The Floor Shop Mississauga were very courteous and are professional in every detail of the service they provided. The installers were second to none - professional craftsmanship- masters at their job! They even brought to my attention and corrected a subtle squeaking defect in the stairs going down to the basement. They treated the work they were doing as though they were doing it in their own home - with pride and no small detail was overlooked.

Everyone went above and beyond my expectations and I am so happy with my new floors! I highly recommend The Floor Shop.

Your detailed review is much appreciated! We are thrilled to see this postive feedback! Kindest regards, James

Mario in Toronto
Mario in Toronto

Basement floor installation

We replaced our carpeted floor in our basement recreation room and the linoleum that we had in our laundry room with a new laminate floor. The store had a wide selection from which to choose. The installers did their work quickly and professionally and cleaned up well after completing their work. We are very happy with the results and would recommend this store for any of your flooring needs.

We much appreciate the positive feedback! I hope you are enjoying the new laminate floor. Kindest regards, James

Water damage

We had water damage to our floor from our HVAC unit. Peter of the Floor Shop came promptly, assessed the damage, gave us a fair quote and performed the repair as soon as possible considering the COVID restrictions. The repair work was efficient, the crew pleasant and the work area cleaned up.

In the end we were very happy with the repair.

We are thrilled that you were satisfied with the work! Kindest regards, James

Strachan
Strachan

Floorboard Installation

My great thanks to Peter, Roberto, Walter and Andrew and their crew.
They all did an outstanding job. After a flood in my condo, the Floor Shop arrived, surveyed the damage and after a week got down to the job. I went to a hotel and when I got back, it felt like I was moving back into a new apartment. The place was spotless. No dust and all the kitchen counters had been wiped down. I would not hesitate a moment in recommending The Floor Shop.

I am happy to hear that our team completed the whole process to your satisfaction! Kindest regards, James

Marc
Marc

Great Experience

Debbie at Floor Shop was great. Answering emails quickly at 11PM at night and went above and beyond. Was always on top of the ball and told me everything I needed.

More about The Floor Shop

Category for The Floor Shop : Floor Retailers

Mississauga Store Hours: 8am - 5:00pm Mon-Fri & 9am - 4:00pm Saturdays, 700 Dundas Street East (SE Corner Cawthra) 905-803-0050

Etobicoke Store Hours: 10am - 6:00pm Mon-Fri & 9am - 4:00pm Saturdays, 4195 Dundas Street West (Between Jane and Royal York) 416-234-0599

Toronto Store Hours: 7:30am - 5:00pm Mon-Fri & 10:00am - 5:00 pm Saturdays, (Eglinton and Brentcliffe area, beside the Home Depot) 416-421-8588

The Floor Shop has built its business on referrals. For more than 30 years we have been supplying and installing Hardwood Flooring for both home and business, THAT’S ALL WE DO. Our knowledgeable Staff can help you make the right choices for your environment based on appearance, price, and traffic.