The Handyman Dan

Handyman Services
Stratford ON N5A 2L7

Reviews for The Handyman Dan

Sean and Irene in Danforth Village

Install Kitchen built in pantry and other items

I should have posted this review sooner... to ensure Dan gets the credit he deserves.
He is booked far in advance, but again, is so worth it.
Arrived on time, did an amazing job installing a pantry in our kitchen -> it looks like it belongs!!!
Dan has also completed many other projects for us.
We have him booked again in February.

If you need some projects completed, high quality work is the best way to describe it.

Peter at Yonge and Eglinton
Peter at Yonge and Eglinton

Hardwood floors, general repairs, deck and kitchen

Dan Empter is real HOMEstar. He has done lots of work for us from putting down a hardwood floor to building a deck and lots a general repairs. I have never been unhappy with anything he did. What a terrific resource he is! I would recommend him for anything in your home and trust that if he can't do it - he will tell you up front. Great guy and he never leaves a mess at the end of day!!!

Sean and Irene in Danforth Village

Hanging mirror/ consultation on upcoming projects

Dan is always booked far in advance, but since he was working on a project in my neighbourhood, was able to drop by my house to do a small job as well as discuss some bigger projects.
I am really satisfied with Dan's work, he was very insightful in recommending how to proceed with the work we wanted.

Happy On The Lake
Happy On The Lake

Repair /Adjust exterior basement door

I found Dan on Homestars and what a true professional. Although I had to wait almost three months before he was available ... it was worth the wait. Dan, who came all the way from Brampton to the Beach, arrived on time and did an excellent job adjusting my exterior basement door. I will definitely use Dan again and highly recommend him. You will have to wait ... because as the reviews on this site attest to ... he is that good!

Tanya Junction Triangle
Tanya Junction Triangle

Fixing backyard stairs

Even though he was incredibly busy, Dan managed to squeeze our job in and did a terrific job. Our backyard steps were rotting away and he did a great job of fixing the problem and offered several design ideas for the long term. We would definitely call him again!

Linda on Avenue Road
Linda on Avenue Road

Put in one huge and one small air conditioner and fit them to the windows

The Handyman Dan was a pleasure to work with. He had to go to my storage room, bring the two air conditioners up in a dolly and decide which were the right windows. So he not only did the work of a handyman, he also made a good decision about placement for the flow air.
I would hire him again in a Toronto heartbeat.

Tim and Amanda from Bowmanville
Tim and Amanda from Bowmanville
8 reviews Bowmanville, ON

Ceramics in bathroom, new front door, various installs/repairs around the house

My wife and I had a huge to-do list for Dan. It ranged from medium sized jobs to smaller jobs. Some jobs which Dan was able to efficiently and competantly complete with great results:

- Ceramics installed in bathroom
- New front door installation (including frame)
- Fixing a few rotting boards on a front wood porch
- Installing (and fixing!) trim in a number of rooms
- Installing items, such as a ceiling fan, a custom sized door (with some great ingenuity to get it to fit properly!), transitions, caulking a number of items, including crown moulding, trim, kitchen ceramics, etc.
- Troubleshooting a number of problems, such as a door that wouldn't close, closet doors that wouldn't slide well.

Dan even gave some tips with a couple things that I was trying to do (painting in tight places, a leaky kitchen faucet), as well as other tips on how to clean up some aspects of our house.

Always prompt and willing to help, Dan is the consummate professional. We will now be regular customers and recommend him highly. Thanks again Dan.

Jackie - Heartlake
Jackie - Heartlake
5 reviews Caledon, ON

Basement window well

Dan was excelletn to work with. He provided a quote quickly and fit the project in as soon as he had a cancelation. He did a fantastic job and sicne it didn't take as long as estimated, the job cost less than quoted! A pleasant surprise and a pleasant experience; we'll definately call him again!

Resident in Mississauga
Resident in Mississauga

Light Fixtures and General Repairs

Dan was able to complete a lot of installations and general repairs in half a day for us with excellent results. We are very pleased with the quality of Dan's workmanship and his understanding of our requirements.

I think Dan is in high demand, because he's reliable and provides excellent value for his fees. Will definitely call Dan back for bigger jobs.

JohnrC
JohnrC

Double Sink Installation

(I guess the pun is intended.)

I got nervous when I realized I had to shave more out of the countertop to make the slightly larger sink fit. What if I cut too much? Possible given that I've never done this before.

Dan happened to be available at a late hour since he had other family matters to tend to not far from me. He was happy to pop in on his way back home.

Dan is great to work with, conscientious, reasonably priced, reliable and does good work. What more could you ask for?

Dan knows a lot about a lot of things and is probably the go-to guy when your plumber, electrician, or whomever, decides that it's not something they want to do or bill high prices for.

More about The Handyman Dan

Hi there, I'm The Handyman Dan. I specialize in the smaller repair, maintenance, and home improvement projects. Do you have a broken screen door or a light fixture that needs installing? Then Dan is your man. Maybe you have a larger job to do like installing new tile in your ...
Looking for Handyman Services pros in Stratford?