Toronto Appliance Service Ltd.

Appliance Repair
3279 Lenworth Dr, Unit D Mississauga ON L4X 2G6
Appliance Repair
Toronto Appliance Service Ltd.

Reviews for Toronto Appliance Service Ltd.

Vicky - East York
Vicky - East York

Repair of Wall Oven

We were happy with the service in the beginning but after 5 months of having a broken oven before it was finally fixed we were no longer happy with the service. The only reason they were not given a lower score is because the oven was fixed in the end.

Pros: The administrative staff is efficient and booked appointments promptly for the first 3 visits. The service men generally come within the allotted time slots. They work on a fixed labour rate.

Cons: The service men came 7 times before the oven was fixed (8 appointments had to be booked). Some of our new kitchen cupboards were scratched when the oven was opened up, but they denied doing this even though the scratching process was witnessed when it occurred. From the 4th visit onwards, appointments were no longer promptly booked. We had to proactively follow up with them before to get the next appointment. From the 5th visit onwards we had to call several times to have them figure out what their next move was. Several times the service men said they would call back the next day but they never called. They failed to show on the 6th visit and called 2 hrs after to say they couldn't make it. They did not come prepared with electrical drawings of the oven and instead on the 5th visit asked us to use the internet to access the password secured manufacturer's website to print off the wiring diagrams for them. When the oven was finally fixed, it was with the 1st part they had ordered and tried on the 2nd visit, but they apparently did not know this part had to be programmed and said the manufacturer did not send the part instructions with the part; thus it was not until the 7th visit that they figured this out. We were charged later for 2x the fixed labour rate as they said in the end that 2 repairmen were needed to repair our oven, even though 1 repairman showed up for the first 5 visits.

Summary:
If it's a simple appliance they can probably fix it. If it's a complicated computerized appliance (we had a BOSH convection oven with a digital panel), maybe they aren't the best ones to call.

Jenny Kowalczuk in Etobicoke
Jenny Kowalczuk in Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Leaky dishwasher

TAS exhibited excellent customer service in promptly, courteously and efficiently repairing my leaky dishwasher before a big dinner party. Every business could take a lesson from you!

Thanks again,
Jenny K

James in Mississauga
James in Mississauga
1 review MISSISSAUGA, ON

Warranty Repair Work on Whirlpool Dryer

Have an issue on Whirlpool Dryer where repair has failed twice. Started to get very frustrated without dryer. Easy to blame TAS! Not right thing to do though. Called "M" in what I was assuming customer service. She took the time to listen to me and understand the issue, she found out that TAS was waiting for authorization from Supplier to repair our dryer. She gave me the right number to call, and it turns out someone at warranty company let us slip through the cracks. With TAS and "M"'s help, one phone call later issue is cleared up and repair will be done! Not happy that it has taken so long, but very happy with the customer service!

Mark Waters in Toronto
Mark Waters in Toronto

Washing machine repair

Our LG WM1832CW washing machine stopped working and displayed an "LE" error code. I called TAS out and told the service person the error code and what was happening. He took the back off the washing maching looked at it for less than 15 seconds and said the whole drive assembly needed to be replaced. I was subsequently told the cost of this repair would be approximately $400. I then did some research and found out that the problem I was having was quite common on this model and could usually be fixed by replacing the hall sensor. In fact the owners manual indicated that there were 4 potential causes of an "LE" error. 3 of the 4 were wire potential wire connection problems and the 4th was a defective sensor. In further conversations with TAS I was told that the sensor itself could not be replaced on its own and the only solution was to replace the entire assembly. Still not satisfied I purchased the part myself online ($22 +shipping) and replaced myself in less than 15 minutes using no special tools or skill required. The washing machine now works fine.

Home Owner
Home Owner

Kitchenaid Gas Stove

Guy came out to give me estimate.. told him to proceed.. he wanted to get paid for estimate before fixing issue.. Paid him for estimate but wanted to call around for second opinion in lieu of this strange request..in my opinion fees are all billed at the end of the problem being fixed.. Called back some time after.. Being told they have to do another estimate to assess.. This is totally rediculous.. Never, never use these guys.. they are terrible..

This is respond to “Kitchenaid Over Owner's” – TAS has been in service since 1975 and has good reputation with our customers. Again we don’t know who the complainer is as “Kitcheaid Over Owner’s” is not set up as customer in our system therefore we can’t provide exact answer to this particular complaint. TAS is servicing approximately 1200 customers a month and we don’t remember details unless name, telephone number or address is specified. When calling Home Stars management to get some kind of clue who the complainer is they advised that they can’t help us as they don’t have control who is writing what. To respond to this review we are advising you that when calling TAS for service we charge for service call that takes care for travel time and diagnosis of your appliance problem and then we’ll give customer an est. It is up to customer if he/she wants to repair the appliance. If appliance is not being repaired than customer is obligated to pay for service call as agreed at the time of appointment being placed. In regards to this complainer mentioning that they spent $4000 on repairs – WE DON’T KNOW W ANYBODY EVER SINCE 1975 THAT WOULD SPENT MORE THEN $900 FOR REPAIR ON THEIR APPLIANCE. We asking Home Stars to review their records and/or find this customer/complainer and repair TAS Rating for this review.

Mary in York Region
Mary in York Region

Washing machine

Please don't ever use this company: Our washing machine stopped working and they charged us almost $800 and they kept coming back because it wasn't working still. They are literally a bunch of morons who are just ripping people off. One of these days someone's going to get so mad at them and will hopefully sue these useless people out of business. Please don't ever use them. Completely useless!!!!

We at TAS do not know who this customer is. We service 60 to 80 different customers every day and doing so in varies areas. We repair also washers as specified above. If this customer was serviced by TAS and is very unsatisfied with the fact that he paid so match for repair then he/she should state their name and address so we can respond to it with our opinion. At this time, we can be only sorry that he/she spent that kind of money for repair. We don’t even know if washer is repaired or not. We would appreciate that Home Stars takes this under consideration as even when we called management they could not help us with finding who post this review under our name. For all we know it could somebody off the street or extremely mad competitor. Whoever wrote this review doesn’t show high level of inelegancy what could be seen in their writing. As far as we know Home Stars supposed to review and verify all postings prier to go live – obviously that was not done.

Mom in Beaches
Mom in Beaches

clothes dryer repair

Our clothes dryer came with our house and is easily 10-15 years old. But the service man who came was able to fix the main problem, as well as to solve a few minor issues, saving us from having to buy a new machine (and figure out how to get it down the basement!). Very professional and extremely helpful employee. This was over three years ago, and the dryer still works well.

christen
christen

Stove's bake element not working

My 5-year old Thermador's bake element was broken -- wouldn't heat beyond 100 degrees. I Googled 'Thermador Repair, Toronto' and got Toronto Appliance Services. The Guy came on time, but despite my having told them that I needed a new bake element, he didn't bring one, just came to do a 'diagnosis' (which was that the bake element was broken). After he left, saying he'd return with the part next week, I tried to turn on my broiler to cook a pizza, and Surprise --it suddenly wasn't working. He denies having touched it, of course.

Customer called TAS and placed appointment to repair not working Thermador oven. Company policy is to go and verify what’s the problem and what part need to be replaced. Thermador oven doesn’t have visible element so by looking at the oven it could not be determine whether element or different part is needed. When our tech arrived and opened inside of the oven he determined that bake element was completely burned. So TAS has created estimate to replace element and customer agreed to it. When our tech arrived with new element and replaced it he found that control board was not sending any power to element. At this time customer was notified and showed that bake element (completely burned) has caused malfunction of control board. Customer was angry that this costing him so match to repair an old Thermador stove – he refused repair and DID NOT paid $400 for it. TAS does not know what happened with customers stove. To Home Stars - please repair TAS Rating for this review.

Charles in South Mississauga
Charles in South Mississauga

Dishwasher repair

The company's labour rates are misleading. Not a fixed rate as implied when setting up the appointment. Very unsatisfactory customer service followup call. I was left with the impression they are used to one-time only customers. Find someone else to do your repair!

TAS has been in business since 1975. Our large customer base was established based on our service. Our service call charge includes travel time, vehicle were and tare, gasoline and first 30 minutes of diagnosis time. Usually takes up to 20 minutes to make diagnostics and most repairs are completed within 1 hour. Our labour rate is flat fee for first hour and then it breaks to per 15 min charge. At all cases TAS always advises customers of its labour, part and service charges before making any repairs and/or ordering any parts. In this situation customer was advised of the price by the phone before we ordered part – customer agreed to estimate therefore we ordered part and went back to replace it. This took TAS approximately 30 min to complete it and customer refused to pay. After little argument and explanation that we had to make 2 trips, order and pick up part customer had paid amount that he agreed to before we came out. We are sorry that customer is dissatisfied after the job was successfully completed.

Kevin in Leslieville
Kevin in Leslieville

Dishwasher replair

I called Toronto Appliance Repair in November 2009 as my dishwasher wasn't filling. They sent out a repairman who diagnosed the problem as the water intake hose. Since he didn't have a replacement on hand, he reversed the direction of this hose and this allowed water to flow. he wasn't sure how this would 'hold up' so he wrote on my work order that the hose would have to be replaced if any further problems. He said they would waive the service call ($78) if they had to return.
I called today as the dishwasher isn't getting the dishes clean. yes, it's 4 months after the fact but we don't use it that often and I had to be sure this was a real situation. I spoke with the Service Mgr, Chris who refused to honour this agreement. He said he could 'guarantee' it wasn't the intake hose yet he questioned me "what does this mean, he reversed the hose?". I said, just come and replace the hose, I'll pay parts and labour and it in fact this DOESN'T fix the issue, I'll call them yet again to diagnose the issue. He refused. So I have not called Aubrey's Appliance Repair as it is well reviewed here and I"m sure I will get satisfaction.

What could this company do to improve their services?
They could honour their agreements.
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Don't let them take a short cut and clearly don't let too mauch time pass before recalling them.

More about Toronto Appliance Service Ltd.

Appliance repair, with a committment to prompt, professional courteous service.
Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Mississauga?