Total Tech Pools Inc

1380 Speers Rd, Unit 1 Oakville ON L6L 5V3

Reviews for Total Tech Pools Inc

Edward in Mississauga
Edward in Mississauga

Poor Quality, terrible service, lack of responseness

TERRIBLE SERVICE! AVOID and find a company that stands by their work and are dependable. Poor pool opening, no one calls back despite them saying they will and worst of all they tried charging me for unnecessary service.

I moved into our house at the close of the season last year. We had Total Tech close our pool last year and reopen this year.

3 days post opening our pool was not in good condition despite the kids they sent saying it would be. I called to see if I could book a starter vacuum and they happily agreed to charge me for the service.

Fast forward to the date and they sent another kid who told me they normally are in the retail store but is helping out today because they were short staffed. It was raining and the water was cloudy so he said he'd be back tomorrow. No one showed up and when I called they said I now needed to book a service appointment bc my skimmer had no suction. I was not told this and asked to speak to a manager. After being on hold for 20 mins when they asked if the manager could call back in 10 minutes. They never did so I called again and they said someone would reach out by end of day, again no one called.

Afterwards I went to my pool and checked the skimmer and there was no problem. They either sent someone who didn't know what they were doing or were trying to charge me for something I didn't need.

Nima in Oakville
Nima in Oakville

Opening Pool

They open the pool, but tell you to fill water to level up to the Skimmer and they come later to start the pool. first they did not show up, then they came without tell us to rining our bell and just installed our pool steps. When i start the pool there is water coming out of my heater, they didn't even have the courtesy to let me know there are issue here or maybe they didn't tighten something. Horrible service, if they don't come and fix this I will never call them again and I been their customer for past six years. THey were good, but the service is at it's worst nowadays.

Today I called and a good representative understood the whole thing, appologized and is sending their senior tech over to take a look. This is the type of service i always had from them, lets see how it will go. Thanks Total Tech for addressing the issue.

Heater was broken, new heater needs to be installed next week. Total tech, my only feedback is make sure pool openers truly represent the service Total Tech has always delivered throughout these years. Thanks guys

Review has 1 previous version
Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Customer Care

In the last two years we spent near $10K for new liner, heater. Recently two inexperienced crew showed up for 1 hour to open the pool. They left with the pool being green, no instructions to improve the situation. After 10 calls with various people not one person was able to resolve the issues and instead that the service did not include a working pool and a clean working area. Do not hire this business. There are many great customer oriented companies out there!

Dianne Dey from Oakville
Dianne Dey from Oakville

Pump Repair

Thank you for your prompt repair of our new pump. After one month, it began to make a very loud noise. When you came to inspect the pump you said it needed a new motor. In less than 18 hours we had a new motor. Thank you for the quick response.

Thanks so much for the kind review!

N Teixeira
N Teixeira
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Pool Repair

Terrible service by Total Tech Pools, Oakville ON.
Lack of respect for customer’s property - Paid to have technicians detect underground leak in pool pipe. They marked the area where leak was supposedly detected but cut the patterned concrete in the wrong place. Had to cut another hole 3 ft away to find the leak. In the digging process, they cut an adjacent pipe which started leaking. They applied electrical tape (which did not hold) to cover up their damage. After numerous appeals to Total Tech Pools to repair their damage, they returned to site causing additional damage in various other pool piping and totally damaged the light housing. Total Tech Pools continuously denied their poor workmanship and refused to take responsibility. They charged my credit card without my authorization and without rectifying the destruction they caused. Lack of customer service etiquette - be aware of their bad business practice!

Total Tech Pools, Oakville ON
Your response to my review is fabricated and inaccurate! Your business motto appears to be that the customer is always wrong and to blame.

Hi Mr. Teixeira, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Following the completion of a pressure test, which determines the approximate location of the leak, you contracted us to complete the repair, which confirms the authorization to charge for the service. During the first visit, the first cut did not expose the leak and another cut was required to find the leaking plumbing. Although we use top of industry equipment, it is not always possible to determine the exact location especially when the pipes are deep, and covered with gravel and concrete. While these situations are unfortunate, it is something we cannot control. Once the second cut was found on the same day, the repair on the underground plumbing was completed, everything was left exposed to ensure the leak was confirmed fixed, and the service was charged for as is custom process with repair services. Indeed the electrical conduit that was plumbed adjacent with the underground plumbing (not normal practice) was accidentally cut during the dig. The technician applied a temporary fix to see if it would hold. As the material was that of a sprinkler hose (again not normal practice), the temporary fix did not solve the issue, and once notified, we returned to the property to apply another fix.

Although you were vulgar and rude to our staff in store, at your property, and via email, it should be noted that you did not, in fact, pay for the service in full.

To your response: We are sorry you feel this way, should you have any further questions, please contact management directly.

Ron in Toronto
Ron in Toronto

Great service, Knowledgeable and Courteous

The service team is the best I have had ever from the Oakville to Mississauga areas. They are polite, on time, make sure everything works before leaving and clean up afterwards. I have had them do 3 jobs now, all excellent. New heater, fixed plumbing and fixed filter. All very professional. Best Pool servicing I have ever had. Great working with them. Do what they say, when they say it. Would recommend them to anyone.

Thanks so much for the very kind review! We all truly appreciate this , especially during such a challenging year.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Outstanding service

I needed a part to keep my pool going safely for a family occasion later in the week, so I ordered it on-line from Total Tech.
I got a call from them the next day, the part was due in store in a couple of day, but with time for mailing would have arrived too late.
I explained my problem and they said the'd do their best to help out.
And they did.
The part was HAND DELIVERED to my house two days later by one of their guys, as soon as it came in to their store. Excellent service! Saved the day.

Thanks so much. We are happy we could help.

kiarash in Toronto
kiarash in Toronto

Very poor customer service and responsibility

I bought pool heater from this store online, they confirm my purchase and when I arrive to their store in Oakville after an hour drive, they said ohhh sorry is not available in store and it may deliver after couple of days or weeks or month or maybe next year. It is the worst experience in online shopping, No body is responsible here, I have to cancel my order and now waiting to refund my money.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We were supposed to get the product in last week, however, we are still out of stock as supply issues are huge with manufacturers right now. We do not have an ETA for the pool heater you're looking for, so we understand your request for a refund. Your card was not charged, only pre-authorized, as we do not charge until product has shipped. Our team provided you with proof that the order had been cancelled. The charge will not go through, please wait for the pre-authorization to drop off.
Again, we apologize for not having what you were looking for in stock. We did our best to notify you when you first called but understand your frustration.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Suprised

Called total tech last year end of season about loosing water in pool, was told by employee that they were closing pools and they wud deal with it 2020. I asked to be one of their first calls in April. Turns out young man had us down for opening and pressure test, explained for 30 years my hubby opened and closed pool but I definately understood reason for pressure test. Dave the owner called to let me now I asked for opening also, I found him to be quite short when I told him about not making the arrangement for pool opening. I explained that we were loosing water and when looked under pool cover no water in shallow end. We have called consistently to get help from total tech but to no avail. They all say we will call back started in April today is May 21 2020 and still no call back.
I should include that we have bought 2 liners from total tech plus we also purchased a safety cover plus a lot of our chemicals. The young people there are so nice. The last liner we had installed around 3 years ago wud never stay in, on opening the liner was back out again. Finally dave came out and told us we needed something around pool, we had no problem with that. I absolutely trusted this company I am very disappointed, very disappointed with this company.
I am sorry it turned out this way.

Adam
Adam

Pool Closing and Opening

STAY AWAY! BUYER BEWARE!!!I hadn't posted this review earlier because I didn't know that they were on Homestars.com. They opened my pool and did a horrible job. The whole job was rushed by a couple of amateurs. The plugs at the pumps were leaking and it took forever to reach them to fix the problem...which I had to fix myself. I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they had hired a bad employee so I hired them again to close the pool. The closing was worse than the opening. They broke my pool light but told me that it was already broken. STAY AWAY!

More about Total Tech Pools Inc

Award Winning Swimming Pool Service Company and Retail Store. Specializing in liner replacement, safety covers, equipment replacement and water chemistry. Total Tech Pools was started in 1991 primarily as a pool service company. Many of the original staff came from other pool companies and many are still with us today. Total Tech Pools performs all types of repairs, restorations, and maintenance on pools including liner replacement, openings/closings, equipment installation and repair, leak detection and complete new pool installations.

In 1996 a retail store was opened and in 2001 a larger facility was opened in Oakville. Currently Total Tech Pools operates a store in Oakville , ON, Kingston, ON and Montreal, QC. We offer a full line of chemicals, equipment, accessories and many other supplies for your pool at very affordable prices. Total Tech Pools prides itself on providing honest and fair service and places a very strong emphasis on education and training.

We are very proud to have received the Small Business of the Year Award in 2009. We truly appreciate the support from our customers, staff, suppliers and other partners for helping us earn this prestigious award.

AWARD WINNING SERVICE TEAM
Our award winning Service Team has been serving customers for 20 years. At Total Tech, we pride ourselves on fair, knowledgeable, and honest service at terrific prices. To experience our service is to understand what sets us apart from the rest. We encourage you to book your experience today.

Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs
We carry a full line of pool and spa products with quality and value in mind. All our products have been carefully researched in order to provide the best products available at optimum prices. Total Tech Pools and Spas is located at 1380 Speers Rd in Oakville. We carry a full line of pool related products: Liquid Chlorine (Sodium Hypochlorite) Pool and Spa Chemicals Accessories and Maintenance Products Pool Toys and Games Have a very well stocked Parts Department Various Equipment (pumps, filters, heaters, sanitation systems, automation) We have a fully functional and landscaped pool at our Renovation Showroom next door which will help you visualize liners, landscaping options, lighting options and equipment. Outdoor Furniture
Total Tech Pool & Spa offer most, if not all, pool/spa related services ranging from professional openings & closings, pool liner replacements & restorations, leak detection & repair, equipment installation & repair, to weekly pool maintenance service. POOL INSPECTION: A visit to the home by one of our expertly trained staff members A full written report which details the current condition of the pool surface, equipment and foundation. The report will outline anything that is not functional or up to code and provide the approximate cost to fix/ replace these dysfunctional parts. The report will give any additional recommendations such as safety hazards in the backyard and pool accessories (ie. winter covers, diving boards, slides, fencing, etc). POOL MAINTENANCE Chemical balancing Water testing Vacuuming Leaf Skimming Equipment Maintenance POOL REPAIRS Our technicians are trained and experienced in a variety of pool related repairs and are backed up with vast technical resources and an extensive parts department. We will identify the problem and advise you on corrective measures and if applicable how to prevent recurrence. POOL RENOVATIONS/ BACKYARD LANDSCAPING Total Tech, either independently or in conjunction with our landscaping firm, Rosa and Rosa, can completely transform your backyard and pool. POOL LEAK DETECTION We utilize a variety of methods to locate leaks including pressure testing, sonar detection, and diving. In most cases we can isolate a leak to a very small area. POOL EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION POOL LINER REPLACEMENT Total Tech Pools and Leisure is your complete pool service provider.
Pentair , Aqua Chemicals , HPI Covers , Raypak , Jacuzzi , Kreepy Krauly
Our goal is to ensure that your pool and spa experiences are memorable, for all the right reasons, so drop by one of our three retail showrooms soon, and meet the team.
1991