Two Men And A Truck

Best of 2021 winner 12 timesBest of 2021winner 12 times

Reviews for Two Men And A Truck

Adil Ladhani in Mississauga
Adil Ladhani in Mississauga

Over charged, damaged home and furniture, overall terrible experience

Do not be fooled by the positive reviews for this company and save yourself the trouble that we (and many others) experienced. We were charged for 8 hours of “work” at the insane rate of $235/hr (plus all of the feels that they nickel and dime you with), even though the job took 5 hours, and the crew basically wasted time for another hour and a half. The latter included around 30 minutes spent trying to fix a toy that they broke, which I’d have no problem with, other than them being on the clock charging me $235 / hr to try to fix a $200 toy (which they didn’t end up fixing). The difference between the 6ish hours of the movers being in our presence and the 8 hours we were charged was allegedly the time it too for them to drive from their office in Mississauga to our home in Mississauga and back from the Oakville/Mississauga border after the move. While raising this concern after seeing the bill, the movers admitted that “the system” didn’t allow them to bill fewer than 8 hours even though they were only with us for a little over 6 hours (and only working for 5). In the end we were massively over charged, and left with a broken toy, a significantly damaged $2000 couch, a damaged interior door, and a lot of condescending talk from Omar, the manager of this franchise. Heed this warning, save yourself the headache and look for another group of movers, because in this case you are paying top dollar for kijiji fly-by-night quality movers.

Dana in Toronto
Dana in Toronto

Movers Caused Damage to Home

I used Two Men and a Truck 3 weeks ago for a move into a brand new home and the movers damaged the floor and ceiling. I have called the company 3 different times as well as emailed and have now called head office to no resolve. I am left with a damaged home that I will have to cover the costs of fixing. I can't even get a call or email back from anyone. I would not recommend AT ALL.

Alison
Alison
0 reviews Stratford, ON

Worst move EVER!

First time ever hiring movers, and definitely the last. They didn't want to take anything off the truck until the elevator was on service (even though there was little to no traffic) so myself, my husband and 65 year old mom started taking things up in the elevator and finally the movers got the hint and started doing their job. They dropped boxes resulting in several broken items that are not replaceable, also put a hole in our brand new flooring that wasn't even a week old. When we were finally able to get a hold of someone in regards to compensation we were told that WE would have to pay an ADDITIONAL 250$ for someone to come and fix the flooring that they broke, also we were offered only $20 for the broken items that again, cannot be replaced. WE PAID YOU $1500, DID HALF OF YOUR JOB AND YOU BROKE OUR STUFF!!!

Jamie in Toronto
Jamie in Toronto
0 reviews Saint Marys, ON

They broke our stuff, then had the nerve to ask for 250$ to fix what they broke

Broke items and put a hole in our hardwood floor.... almost impossible to get a hold of anybody and when you do they are rude and abrupt,
They seem all pleasant till they've gotten your money and done your business...
If you have any problems with the movers breaking things consider it to be you're on your own....
And if you want anything replaced you actually have to pay them...even when they break your things

Terrible

They sent a fellow and a teenager. It was a 2 bedroom apartment and the only large furniture they needed to take was one mattress, a crib and a kids bed and it was double the quote. They were not fast or efficient.

They chipped the wall in our new house and were very unprofessional. I still regret that we used this service. The folks who sell you the service over the phone are just salesmen and they hire some labourers at a fraction of the cost.

Terrible Move

I have moved the contents of fairly large houses 6 times over the last 15 years and never had a problem. Two Men and a Truck were terrible. I paid for packers and they missed all of the office cupboards and front hall closet which the moving crew had to deal with (which they were not happy about). The office estimated we would need 3/4 of a truck which the packers confirmed. Then on moving day, they said they couldn't fit it all in the truck which meant I had to pay for a second crew and truck. They told me I was lucky they didn't refuse to move the items that wouldn't fit and "that is what any other company would have done" - when they did the initial estimate! They did damage at both properties, including two different holes punched in the walls of the place we were leaving. Then when we went to do a final check of the house we left, we discovered the packers missed two full drawers of kitchen cookware and the microwave, which meant I had to find paper and pack and move them myself the night of my move. It ended up costing me about $1800,00 more than the estimate and they would only give me a $400.00 discount for the damage caused to both properties. I never would have used them if I knew I would have to pay for a second truck and second crew - I have moved far more contents with other companies and never needed a second truck. I would stay clear of this company!

BIGSKYE
BIGSKYE
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

In Home Move

When you book and pay the higher fee for a specific time, the answers and quotes are vague. I booked for 1200hrs, found a reminder on my voice mail for 1000am and the movers called at 0835hrs wanting to arrive at 0900hrs!!!!!!! Was told the $25.00 deposit would go towards the total fee, but not so. This company has lost an opportunity to have me as a repeat customer. Very disappointing. You would think a company that specializes in moving items could provide more specific information in terms of fees. Their business model and practice is suspicious to me.

oldschl73
oldschl73
0 reviews Ardrossan, AB

Move 700lb Safe

Nolan, Steve and Nelson came to move a 700lb safe from my garage into my basement. They were very professional, ensured there was no damage and moved the very heavy and awkward item in a shorter time than quoted. Great work guys! Thanks!

john in Edmonton
john in Edmonton
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

internal house move great help and friendly

Dale and Ethan were very professional, friendly and efficient. They took the time to explain and offer ideas on what to do with some of our boxes and furniture that saved us a lot of time and money. Since we are new to Edmonton this was very helpful. Dale and Ethan were key in helping us get settled in our Townhouse. A big shout out to them both. Thank you.

Frank G from Barrie
Frank G from Barrie
13 reviews Barrie, ON

moving

I hired Two Men And A Truck to move the remainder of our belongings from a storage facilities to our new home here in Barrie. The moving crew were friendly, courteous, and very energetic in their work. These gentlemen were a real pleasure to work with and made the move a pleasant experience. Professional all the way. Thanks guys for all your hard work!

More about Two Men And A Truck

We’re the "Movers Who Care®". We're a lot more than two men and one truck when we need to be so no move is too big or too small.

With a 96% customer referral rate TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is not just a moving company - We're a Customer Service Company that moves people. It's our goal to exceed your expectations on each and every move.