Unionville Appliance Ltd

Mike from Thornhill
Mike from Thornhill
18 reviews THORNHILL, ON

Appliance purchase and delivery

I bought a new washer and fridge from Unionville Appliance and was very happy with both purchases. I am not sure they are the cheapest but they are also not the most expensive. You get what you pay for and they have much better delivery than any other place. If you want your appliance just dropped at the curb then I guess you can shop just about anywhere. I wanted them to stack my old dryer on my new washer as well as put my fridge into a tight corner and hook everything up and they did a top job. They also are much more knowledgable sales staff than many other appliance store I have been to. I worked with Sario and when he did not have an answer to my question he tracked down the correct info. I cannot speak about their service department because I have not used them but their sales and delivery people are simply the best

Ryan in Scarborough
Ryan in Scarborough
0 reviews Scarborough, ON

Service call for dryer

Max was excellent. Called while en route. Two hour window which is normal. Kind courteous and fast. He did not have what was needed in his van. Someone else delivered it from the store while he started. Max was done in an hour. Great service and 30 day warranty on their service work. I would recommend them.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Delivery and installation of 3 appliances

The service representative of Unionville Appliances were courteous, careful and competent. We order 3 appliances that were delivered
on 2 different dates. We were very pleased with service and attention
the delivery people provided.
The Mitchells, Unionville

dale in Toronto
dale in Toronto

washer repair

POOR SERVICE, POOR Skills and POOR Management and POOR Conflict resolution skills - JUST PLAIN RUDE.

I called this company for the service on my washing machine. The very friendly tech improperly diagnosed the problem and told me that I need to replace the washing machine. My husband googled and believed that this wasn't the right solution. He called Unionville Appliances and spoke to the manager who told us "it is the bearings/spider assembly and you (customer) don't like to hear reality". Within days of them coming to our house, as the tech had predicted, the problem got worse. We called Samsung who recommended an authorized service company, who was sent out. I'm happy to say the problem was fixed NO THANKS TO Unionville Appliance. We called the owner who proceeded to hang up on us because he "didn't have time for this". He didn't even listen to us but asked us to send in our invoice from the other company which we did.

His response is below:

"According to the invoice, the parts that were replaced were a thermistor assembly and a wire guide.
These parts have no impact on the play (balance/stability) of a washing machine drum. There is a charge on this invoice for parts that are not even specified by their manufacturer part #.
Changing the sensor for a washing machine does not correct the issue with the bearing for the machine.
Like I said, when a part is changed by the manufacturer, they provide a 90 day warranty on those parts and labour. Not 30 days.
We will not be refunding the service call as that is the fee for a technician to be dispatched to the home in the Markham/Unionville area.
This repair invoice presented to us has no correlation to the issue you initially reported with the machine, nor the technician's findings."

Hmm looks like he thinks I am making this up. Do you think I created an invoice? All I know is that the problem Unionville Appliance diagnosed was obviously wrong and another company was able to fix my machine. Perhaps if you had taken the time to send someone else to our home when we called instead of assuming that your technician has made a correct diagnosis we wouldn't have had this problem.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR APPLIANCE SERVICE THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!!

THEN I EVEN TRIED TO NOT ASK FOR A REFUND BUT FOR THEM TO GIVE THE REFUND TO CHARITY. THEY STILL REFUSED.
WOW!!!!

Hi Dale, we're sorry you feel that our diagnostic was incorrect. The drum on your machine had quite a bit of play, it is only a matter of time until units with bearing issues like that start to leak. We advised for you to use the machine until that point as it was still in working condition. We donate to quite a bit to charities anually. Unfortunately a service call can not be refunded, as it is the dispatch fee for a service technician to come to your home, this service includes 15 minutes of diagnostics. Please keep an eye on the machine, as drums with that kind of play are more susceptible for water leakage.

Rico
Rico

Terrible Experience

I booked a service appointment for Wed Feb 24 to have a clicking / tweeting sound coming from my KitchenAid fridge looked at. The technician Max came on time at 11. Max listened to the noise but didn't even want to diagnose the problem. He just said it maybe the inverter board but didn't even want to test it. . I felt Max is useless and lazy as he didn't want to break a sweet He didn't even provide me with any quote for the board but still charge me the service fee for basically doing nothing. Don't waste your time with Unionville Appliances. STAY AWAY

Hello, we are just a little bit confused. We were able to confirm that you needed an inverter board. There was no uncertainty. That part needs to be replaced. We have also left a voicemail more than once to provide you with a quote for the repair. We have not been able to get a hold of you.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Excellent service.

My refrigerator wasn’t cooling properly just before Christmas. They sent a technician the next day. Max worked hard to determine the cause. He ran a diagnostic, made a few adjustments and after turning it off overnight and then restarting the next day, it is back up and running properly again. They offer a 30 day warranty. I would definitely recommend this company.

Terrible repair knowledge

Terrible repair service. Told me needed 1 part then came to install only to tell me I needed another part! Total cost would be upwards of $500. I could buy a new dishwasher for a tad more. Told technician to take his part back and call it a day.

Called another authorized dealer who came and found an olive pit clogged the drain.

Stove parts

Sal at Unionville Appliance was exceptionally helpful and a wealth of knowledge in helping me replace a part on my daughter’s old but viable gas stove. I, on my own, was unsuccessful in sourcing the part (motherboard) as it was discontinued. Sal was able to secure the part after searching his North American sources and kindly order it for me.
The stove works like new and all because Sal spent a great deal of time and effort solving my predicament!
THANK YOU SAL!!!

Doori
Doori

NEVER use this store

NEVER use this store. NEVER trust store persons in Unionville appliance. They say differently or hide (willfully not tell you the best option).

Bought a couple of appliances from this store but had to exchange to other products because of the store fault. They said differently once the incorrect products delivered. I ended up paying $2300 for $1500 products to sort out this mess. I got sick and tired of their attitude on how they sell their products.

Dirty business I have never seen before. Hope this store goes out of business soon.

Hello Doori:

During these unprecedented times our company has been working hard to monitor the status of all appliance orders. We are always transparent about manufacturer dates and will work with the consumer to find alternate models that suit a better time frame. Our delivery and sales team have been in constant communication with all our warehouses in order to be proactive in case of complications. If the wrong product is delivered, the installation team will swap the unit out for the correct product as soon as possible. Please call our store to discuss any details that were missed on the day of your delivery. We apologize for your unpleasant experience, as a company we always strive to provide our customers with the best service possible.

More about Unionville Appliance Ltd

Service and sales of mainly used parts. Offer 1-year warranty on parts/ labour, house calls made. ver the past 27 years Unionville Appliance has grown from a basement operation with a few customers to a large repair shop and showroom with plenty of satisfied customers. Family owned and operated, Unionville ...
Looking for Appliance Retailers pros in Unionville?