Royal Home Improvements

doreen.bradbury
doreen.bradbury
2 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Bathroom renovations

Our bathrooms (2) look absolutely amazing. The work done by Royal Home Improvements was professional and efficent. From Paul getting the project underway, Igli always available for consultation and the fantastic job that John and his team did in putting the whole thing together. It took them just under 2 weeks and we couldn't be more pleased with the results.

Donna in Oakville
Donna in Oakville

structural issue and kitchen

When we had a major structural issue with our home which involved our kitchen, we called Royal Home Improvents. The owner, Paul came and looked at the job. He prepared a quote while sitting in our home. Paul also told us that a structural engineer would be needed and that anything else found would need to be quoted on at that time. Paul was very professional and helpful. Once Paul and the engineer returned, Paul gave us a revised all inclusive quote, again while sitting in our home, with nothing else to be added at a later date. He also explained that because we were members of CARP he would not charge any GST. Paul also ensured that the job would be started immediately, and the workmen would continue until the job was complete, not leaving to go to other jobs.

Throughout the contract, which lasted exactly one month, Paul was always there to assist us with problems. He was available at any time on his cell phone or through the office if it was not urgent. Whenever we called, Paul very quickly stepped in and got the problems solved.

Dealing with Royal Home Improvements was easy and painless, and they lived up to their promise of adhering to the quote, not asking for any extras.

The job was completed on time and the finished project was as promised.

We have no problems in reccomending Royal Home Improvemts as a safe, reliable, honest and customer focused company.

Ted and Donna
Oakville, Ontario

dbvickery in Toronto
dbvickery in Toronto

Two bathroom renovations

The quality of the finishing work was very poor in all respects, from gouges in the finished trim because pliers were used rather than a strap wrench, to gaps at every corner in the baseboard, caulking at shower and bath trim over the tiles and trim, some of the trim loose and not attached properly, even different grout used on sections of tile. Drawings were ignored except when pricing. Who knows how well the hidden work was done. Unfortunately, it was not just the construction (George) that was bad but also the management (Lawrence) who showed no interest or concern over the quality of the workmanship or the damaged fittings. It is not pleasant to write this because a decade ago Royal did a major renovation which was more than ten times bigger and more costly than this project and it was exceptionally well done. Based on my experience a decade ago I recommended Royal to many people. Based on this latest project I would not recommend Royal to anyone.

main floor renovation

We hired Royal Home improvements to complete a main floor renovation in our bungalow to allow us to age in place. We moved the bathroom into a small bedroom and expanded the kitchen into that space.. We replace to carpeting and hardwood flooring with luxury vinyl plank flooring throughout the entire space. We also had Royal paint all the rooms as well. Royal brought in subcontractors for kitchen cabinet design and installation as well as plumbers, electricians and tiling. Some of these subcontractors introduced us to other subcontractors that they have used for counter tops and glass enclosed shower stalls. All of the trades were very skilled and treated our home like it was their own. All of this was done during a pandemic.
I would not hesitate to recommend Royal Home Improvements to anyone thinking about a renovation

bernard
bernard
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

2 bathrooms renovated

Had 2 bathrooms completely renovated (main & ensuite) from top to bottom as they were 22 years old and were in much need of a total make over. We are SO HAPPY and impressed with how both bathrooms look NOW. Royal Home Improvements listens to what you envision and involves you in the process from start to finish. If you notice that there is an issue along the way Royal Home Improvements doesn't hesitate to solve/ repair the problem. Their goal is to make you happy. Thank you Lawrence and George for listening and helping us make decisions along the way. We now have two lovely looking bathrooms that we are proud to show off.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Reno.

Subcontractors nice work.
Primary contractor charged too much as I paid for all materials.
Labour charges only.
Would recommend subcontractors.
Live and learn.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Bathroom remodel and basement water problem

We noticed some water coming out from under our hardware floor in the fore-room. we called Royal Home Improvement and they sent out a Project manager who looked around the area.. and provided us with an estimate..We talked it over and agree that it was a fair price for the work being done.. once we gave the go ahead they had a crew starting the following Monday.. George and his helper were great, they came early in the morning and set and started to work.. They worked quickly and where able to find the problem and correct it , then they started to put it all back together and the workmanship was great.. they saw to every detail and asked our opinion at every turn,so they could make us happy.. I am very satisfied by the workmanship and the quality of the material used and best of all it only took a week... I would definitely recommend George and his crew..

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Bathroom Renovation

This is the second bathroom renovation that I've had Royal Home Improvements do in the past couple of years. Their quality of service, professionalism, and value for my money, made it an easy choice for me to go with this company again.

Paulski CABBAGETOWN
Paulski CABBAGETOWN

Royal Disappointment

I hired Royal Home Imp. about 10 years ago to build a garage and was very happy with their service and product. This year, in late May, I contacted them due to a rotting front porch, and some wood rot issues above it on a small balcony, plus some other small projects. The porch is fairly small, about 16 ft. wide, and about 12 feet deep with 3 porch steps coming up to it. I met with Paul and he quoted, for the job, i thought pretty high but i wanted that same quality and service. At that point he took a 20% deposit, and then another 40 % a few weeks later, but still the workers didn't show. Finally , in July, after a few prompts from me because I was starting to feel ignored, workers showed up and worked on the porch and were done in 1 day, and then a worker showed up to finish it up. The porch was fine but the work above wasn't completed corrtectly so I called yet again and Paul came out and agreed to send back the carpenters to finish that up. At that point , I summarized a few more jobs around the back yard, fix up some rotting wood on flower boxes, and repair a door on a shed, and replace some bent trim on the house with some cedar planks. He quoted 4,200 plus tax for that plus tax and charged the whole amount that day. After all the work was completed the carpenter wanted payment for some parts, and I knew they were included in the price, but i paid him for it anyway, about 140.00 because somehow i felt he would get stuck with the bill if i didn't , and besides i liked him so i agreed to pay it. I brought this up to Paul and after some arguing on his part I was able to prove it was included and he agreed to give me the refund. Well, that took over 3 weeks with a weekly reminder to Paul that I was still waiting, and after spending one huge amount for such little jobs I was irritated I was getting jerked around for 140 bucks. He put the charges on my card that day with no hesitation but getting back a little bit for an overpayment was a task.

Also included in this quote was a ramp of ashphalt up to the garage floor from the outside. It wasn't very long, the length of a two car garage, and about 3 or 4 feet from the lane up to the lip of the floor. Well, they poured the ashphalt and said don't use it for a day. I didn't use it for 2 days and it wasn't hardening, in fact my shoe would sink into the stuff and then of course , track with me into the house. I called Paul after about a week or so and advised him of this, he said, well it's been pretty warm lately. Then 2 weeks later, this stuff is still soft, i could make a snowball with it, and my car was tracking tar all over the place and on my paint. Finally he agreed it needed to be done over again, and that took yet another 2 weeks.

So the final product? not bad, but for this crazy price of these very little jobs and the hounding I had to do to get the job started, fixed after the job was finished, the length of time it took, and the little refund that I had to fight for , I 'm naturally disappointed.

So my options as a disappointed customer are few. But I can post an honest review of what happened, and I can never call them back. Just bad service and no real concern about how they treated me as a customer.

Hi Paul,
Thank you for your review and for the time and effort required.
It is customers like you that remind us that ALL of our Projects should be of the highest quality and your comments
help us to continue improving our service.

We understand that the Project was completed, however your complete satisfaction is what we strive for and therefore, please feel free to contact us to discuss any outstanding items and/or other concerns.

More about Royal Home Improvements

Finding your perfect home renovation partner can understandably be a daunting process these days. With so many options and potential risks, people are looking for a partner they can trust.

That's why Royal Home Improvements (RHI) retains single-source responsibility from start to finish. Our hand's on approach ensures your needs are met, from concept to construction. Whether architectural design, the quality of construction, or our strict adherence to timelines and budget, RHI guarantees everything we do and make sure that our customers are satisfied with every facet of our work.

Building trust takes years of delivering on time and budget. It requires committed professionals and a refined process model. But ultimately, it's about respect and owning ones word. This hasn't changed since we open our doors in 1969. Proudly serving the Greater Toronto Area, Royal Home Improvements today is one of the largest multi-phased renovators in Canada.

What can we do for you?