General Contractors

General Contractors

Best of 2014 winnerBest of 2014winner

Reviews for Royal Home Improvements

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Bathroom walk in shower renovation

I hired Royal as they had good reviews and were recommended by CARP. What a disaster, no service, always late, no project manager etc. Will never use them again and certainly will not recommend them. Finished job is not bad but frustration was huge.

Phil M.
Phil M.

kitchen and bathrooms renovation

The quality of the work provided by Royal Home Improvement was excellent. We were allowed to use our own suppliers, which we appreciated. Even though it took longer than expected, we are happy with the end result.

Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.

We apologize for the delay in finishing your renovation, but we are very glad that you love the end result.

Murray Eaton from Brampton
Murray Eaton from Brampton

Shoddy Work

The company has consistently, despite repeated calls, refused to come and fix their shoddy work. Once they have your money, beware. They were prompt about getting the payments but not about doing the work and even less about responses.

Clay G from Toronto
Clay G from Toronto

Painting and Carpet Replacement

This year we contracted Royal Home Improvements to paint 4 rooms and replace carpet and baseboards in 3 rooms, along with new light fixtures in our condo. We also hired them in previous years to renovate our kitchen and 2 bathrooms.
The work, as before, was done to our complete satisfaction and within an acceptable timeframe, and our budget.
We again requested Brian as our Project Manager, and he and his team, including Mike, Rock, Jason, Diego and Ivan, were totally professional and always cleaned the wok area as they progressed. Brian was very helpful in choosing decor colours.
Overall we are again very pleased with the quality of the workmanship.

Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

Thank you for using Royal! It was a pleasure working for you and your wife. Should you need us again in the future, we look forward to being there for you again.

Bathroom and Kitchen Renovation

I live in a condo and needed a company that was willing to work within the board rules/regulations. After much searching - I was pleased to find out that Royal worked in condos. The finished product was exactly what I wanted - my dream bathroom and kitchen! Throughout the project - they kept me informed of developments, progress and consulted me every step of the way. It was a job well done!

Mark Davies was my project manager on this initiative (Merek was the lead contractor)- and he did a great job assisting me through the process.

Experience teaches us that condominium renovations require more coordination and planning than the same reno in a single family home. Mark is an experienced PM who knows what is required and cares greatly for his clients’ projects. Thank you for trusting Royal Home Improvements with your renovation project and thank you for the feedback.

Karen in Mississauga
Karen in Mississauga

Small Bathroom Renovation

My mother(82) believed all their radio adds on 96.3 saying they "do the best for seniors". "accessible renovation".
We were told the renovation would take two to three weeks. We are now into week 15. We believe they were 'oversold'.
Currently we are waiting a custom shower door because the room is so small. The project manager was very nice, the bathroom looks very nice but it's still been 15 weeks and it is not complete. The 15 weeks is due to their lack of organization and ineffective team. The house was vacant for more than 12 weeks of this period so no home owners present to impede their progress. In the end, I feel they simply over looked the older couple with a small job.
It's definitely NOT worth the premium price going with a large company. Could have had the job done for half the price and a third the time frame .
I

Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

It was our pleasure to work with Karen’s parents - They are lovely people. The basement bathroom renovation, and curb-less barrier-free shower, was custom built for their purposes. Without any delays the duration of this accessibility focused bathroom renovation could have been six weeks. The Homeowner and project manager selected a bi-fold shower door system to permit unrestricted access to the barrier-free shower and the door was custom made. Unfortunately the first door system failed to fit properly and had to be remanufactured. The bathroom and shower are fully functional while we wait for the replacement door system to be supplied/installed. We apologized to the homeowners for the delays. However, this custom bathroom renovation meets the specific requirements of the homeowners and Royal Home Improvements stands behind the quality of the work we have performed.

Barbara in Oakville in Oakville
Barbara in Oakville in Oakville

MAJOR RENOVATION OF 2 BATHROOMS, MARK DAVIES, PROJECT MANAGER

Both of my bathrooms required a total gut as, unbeknownst to me, we had water leaking from the upstairs toilet under the subfloor. When the tiles started falling down in the downstairs bathroom, and we could see black mold, we knew we were in trouble.

I started by thoroughly researching contractors, and made a final list of five to contact. I wanted a company that had been in business a considerable length of time with a solid track record, which had at least $5,000.000.00 in liability insurance with all trades working on the job to have current WSIB clearance certificates. I also wanted professionalism. I chose Royal Home Improvements.

What a delight from the beginning. Aric Bradshaw came to our home. He is cheerful and upbeat, and really knows what he is talking about. He went over “our needs” and “our dreams”. He helped us to work out a budget, and by the end of our first meeting we had a rough estimate in hand to review. I never had any difficulty reaching him to discuss changes and new ideas about the renovations, and within a few days of our first meeting, we had a final estimate and the items we had to choose with the budget for these items.

Marc Davies was our fabulous project manager. Aric brought Marc over to meet us. I liked the professional hand over.

I can give Marc only the highest of praise. He really did work very hard for us. At the beginning we received daily updates from Marc, then as the projects continued further down the road, we received updates about every two to three days. We talked a lot on the telephone, and I never had any difficulty reaching him. When we ran into problems with our shopping, Marc would find what we needed. Marc was wonderful to work with at all times. Figuratively speaking, he held my hand when I needed it, and steered me through my sometime panics. He was a brick and a consummate professional!

Wes and his son Robert did a fine job. Wes possesses a real talent when it comes to laying tile.

My experience with Royal has been very positive, and our two finished bathrooms are gorgeous. We actually came in under budget.

I have other renovations on the horizon, and will definitely have Royal come in to do the work. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND them.

Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

Barbara – Thank you for trusting us with your bathroom renovation(s) project. Our goal is to have every client feel the same way you do about their project. And every member of the Royal Home Improvements team takes great pride in doing an excellent job. Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks again.

Marilyn in Oakville
Marilyn in Oakville

Kitchen Renovation - Mark Davies, Project Manager

I wish my Mom was still here so I could let her know that, “you can make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear” – well you can if you use Royal Home Improvements to renovate your kitchen. They transformed my small, tired and out of date, condo kitchen into a space that is a pleasure work in. I gained much needed extra counter space and some additional cupboard space. Mark, the Project Manager was a pleasure to work with during the designing stage and the actual renovation, dealing with my many questions and concerns and resolving them all, despite some unexpected problems. Racque and Jason, who completed the majority of the renovation, did a fantastic job. I am very happy with my new kitchen space.

Marilyn – Thank you very much for your feedback and for trusting us with your project. Our guys take pride in delivering an excellent quality finished product and in successfully guiding you through the renovation process. Enjoy your kitchen and thanks again.

Joe in Downtown Toronto in Toronto
Joe in Downtown Toronto in Toronto

bathroom replacement

Every renovation is different. My project was no exception.

I needed to completely gut and replace my thirty-year-old bathroom in a sixty-year-old condo in downtown Toronto. I also intended to be at home or in my home office during most of the construction.

From previous renovation experience, advice from designer and architect friends, extensive online research, discussions with manufacturers, and many visits to plumbing supply, specialty, and big box stores in the GTA, I had a good idea of the labor costs, fixture costs, and length of time needed to complete the work. I decided to keep costs down by choosing all the fixtures, accessories, and tiles myself. I selected only ready-made, good-quality fixtures from manufacturers like Toto (toilet), Riobel (shower and sink hardware), Alcove (tub), and Tidal (vanity).

I also made a list of what I wanted from a contractor:
• A structurally sound new bathroom that looked nice and would age well;
• Verification that the fixtures I chose could be installed in my bathroom without moving drains or encountering other major construction problems, especially unexpected ones;
• Someone to purchase all materials from my detailed list, arrange delivery, and deal with broken items, wrong items, and returns;
• A contractor who would keep me informed of problems so we could keep unexpected costs down;
• A contractor who would work well with our condo staff and me, and observe our building renovation agreement;
• Technicians and tradesmen who would show up and clean up every day once the job began;
• Appropriate liability insurance, and
• A detailed contract at the start and a written guarantee at the end.

In exchange, I promised to pay on time and not turn into the customer from hell.

I spoke with a range of contractors recommended by neighbors as well as ones I located online with good recommendations and reputations.

In the end, I chose Royal Home Improvements, a full-service contractor, for two main reasons—flexibility and customer care. They were the only company with the flexibility and size to do the purchasing from my list and meet all of my other requirements at a reasonable cost.

I am pleased with their work. Their staff provided me with friendly and professional advice and service throughout. Dean Eyford, the project consultant, was my initial contact with the company. He took the time to understand what I wanted and needed and didn’t try to push me into making quick decisions. Alex Balm, the project supervisor, Consilio Pace, the primary service technician, and their other tradesmen, and office people carried out the work with care and efficiency. I always had someone to talk to or email when the inevitable surprises turned up.

In the end, Royal Home Improvements produced a beautifully styled, modern, solidly-built new bathroom that I expect to get many years of use out of. I plan to use Royal Home Improvements for my next project, and I have recommended them to friends.

Joe in downtown Toronto

Joe- It was a pleasure working for you and we very much appreciate your feedback. You are a gentleman and we look forward to working with you again in the future. Thank you.

More about Royal Home Improvements

Finding your perfect home renovation partner can understandably be a daunting process these days. With so many options and potential risks, people are looking for a partner they can trust.

That's why Royal Home Improvements (RHI) retains single-source responsibility from start to finish. Our hand's on approach ensures your needs are met, from concept to construction. Whether architectural design, the quality of construction, or our strict adherence to timelines and budget, RHI guarantees everything we do and make sure that our customers are satisfied with every facet of our work.

Building trust takes years of delivering on time and budget. It requires committed professionals and a refined process model. But ultimately, it's about respect and owning ones word. This hasn't changed since we open our doors in 1969. Proudly serving the Greater Toronto Area, Royal Home Improvements today is one of the largest multi-phased renovators in Canada.

What can we do for you?