Based on HomeStars' reviews, we called Otto's Masonary to do some repair work on the exterior of our home. Otto came to determine the work that was needed, he showed his expertise by providing great recommendations and pointing out issues that we were already familiar with.
After a few weeks, personnel from Otto's parged the lower foot of a large exterior wall by applying a rough coat and then a smooth coat of cement - this work was excellent. They also ground out and tuck pointed the walls on the front and rear of the house. The cement used for the rear of the house was a light orange colour and didn't match the existing brick at all. Upon asking for payment, we informed them of this issue and they immediately responded and had the same people come and paint the cement to match the brick.
Overall, we were happy with the work done.
- Approximate cost of services:
- What could this company do to improve their services?
- I recommend that there be tighter quality control. There needs to be an inspection (performed by a manager) after work has been done. Otherwise, we felt that all other aspects were great - the consultation, customer support and management.
- Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
- Read all the reviews and do your own research. Research the project as if you were going to do it your self; so, that you know all the decisions that need to be made and all the possible short cuts that can occur.