Goemans Appliances

1-7975 Heritage Rd Brampton ON L6Y 0B3

Reviews for Goemans Appliances

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Goemans Mississauga is just TERRIBLE

Brutal customer service. Sales people won't even call you back. Brian in Mississauga is particularly awful. Delivery and install even worse. Delivery makes you feel like it your privilege to have them deliver an appliance. Install folks showed up and said they can't do it and charged us $100 for it. Then Goemans won't take the appliance back. I hope they go bankrupt.

Private User reviews Kitchener, ON

DO NOT SHOP AT GOEMANS!

This has been the worse experience in my life! The salesman was very eager to sell me Matt White Cafe series GE appliances. We ordered them March 2021. I just got off the phone with the warehouse, our refrigerator delivery is out off again ( approx 4th time) estimate mid August. The dishwasher arrived and water poured out of the door while removing it from the carton is was shipped in. I was told it was my fault because I hooked it up wrong, it was not fully out of the box. When I spoke to the Kitchener store manager, he told me, once we make the sale and have your money, our job is done! Not up to us to follow up with warehouse to see where your appliances are! This is what you get after spending almost $13,000.00. Unbelievable. Shop anywhere but Goemans!

Yaling in Oakville
Yaling in Oakville

Go elsewhere but Goemans

Initially went to Goemans on a recommendation. Met with two sales people who were very knowledgeable about the products and not pushy like most sales people. Purchased a full kitchen set for a brand new home as well as washer/drier. Made an initial deposit online when order was placed in July 2020. Delivery was to be made January 2021 with final payment to be made mid December 2020. First off, there is a security issue with their financial system. I received an email request for payment of the balance mid-December, as expected. The amount of the remaining balance matched my records as did the invoice number. Made the payment online, no issues. Called my sales person a few days later since I had not heard anything about delivery etc. Turns out that request payment did not come from Goemans therefore Goemans did not receive it. It was a $15k payment. I know this to be Goemans issue and not an issue on my end because the only people who would know how much the balance is myself, my husband and Goemans. Furthermore, on Goemans website if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, there is a notice about online payment requests. Yes, they send an email request and as a new security feature, you will also get a call from the store. This is new and I was not told of that feature when we made the purchase. Also, the first deposit payment was made the exact same way such that I had no reason to doubt the payment request. We were fortunate enough to act quick with our bank and recoup the money. I also heard I wasn’t the only customer to have experienced this. Obviously it was very stressful and made me think twice about shopping there again but the items were purchased and we wanted to move on. Delivery dates come around and the fridge is out of stock. We understand it is a COVID issue and we patiently waited. They called us with an update mid spring saying we were next in line and should receive it by July. That was fine with us, living with a loaner. August rolls around and still no fridge so I call for an update. They’re now telling me that we’re 11th on the line. I don’t know how we went from next to 11th but I let it slide thinking it’s human error. They were then estimating September delivery. Frustrated but I understand, COVID. September comes and goes so I call them for another update. They tell me that they don’t know when and don’t know where I stand on the list. I’m angry now because I just want to know if the line is moving at all. How come they were able to tell me before where I stood but now they can’t? We patiently wait again. November comes and we get a call that it will be delivered in two days. We’re overjoyed. Address is confirmed, loaner is emptied and ready to go. The delivery day comes and I am 5th out of 11 deliveries. I’m still within the time frame booked and they call me to tell me the driver went to the wrong intersection and will not be able to come to our address today. I’m angry now because it is not my fault that the “professional” delivery person thought an Oakville address would be situated in a major intersection in Mississauga. I tell them it’s unacceptable given how long we’ve patiently waited and the fact that everything is already unloaded from the loaner fridge, not to mention the earlier issue with the payment. The dispatcher puts me on hold and comes back to say that the fridge was actually not in the truck. Most reasonable people can read into this and realize they just don't want to re-route even though it was their mistake. Many calls later to the call centre and the store itself and I was told it would be delivered later that day. It arrived late morning, it was totally obvious that the fridge was in fact on the truck. By the way, a message was left with the store, no one bothered to return my call. I also received an email from Goemans head office asking if the delivery was successful. I explained what happened, they haven't bothered contacting me or apologizing. I am honestly never ever going to buy from them again no matter the deals. Not worth the headache, hope all others think twice.

Laura Mc
Laura Mc
0 reviews Lucan, ON

Worst customer service

I fully agree with the last review. Their customer service line is awful and totally unhelpful. They screwed up my order and were not willing to fix it. Was forced to accept a gift card which did not fix the problem they caused.
They called and texted me delivery confirmation the night before only to never show, I called and they said they had processed it as an install. Which was false as I had confirmation via phone and text.

This company has zero customer service skills. The call centre in Brampton is a complete joke!

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Significant delays with ordering appliances

Looked on-line to see what was in stock and ordered and paid for a fridge in early April...website delivery said 2 weeks. Before delivery date, store called to say product not in stock - delivery would be mid June. I called early June to confirm delivery...product not available, and likely not before end of July. Why do they show product in stock when it isn't in stock? Brutal company to deal with. Kicking myself for using them - I previously purchased a stove and dishwasher from them and have never been happy with the quality.

Private User reviews Stratford, ON

Wonderful to deal with until delivery - then too bad you're on your own

TAKE a BIG PASS on THIS COMPANY!!
Ordered an oven based on search of particular information online
Salesman real nice, all seemed great until delivery
Delivery men rude and accommodating all I wanted was for them to hurry and leave. Stove tilts forward and because they didn't adjust legs
Appliance is lower model than what I though was ordered and discussed with salesman
Lower door on oven broken
You'll be passed off to :delivery" good luck

Exterior siding  in Milton
Exterior siding in Milton

GE profile fridge

Bought kitchen appliances in June 2020. Received the dishwasher and stove, we were told the fridge was in stock at time of purchase.
Long story short......its March 2021 and still no fridge. Paid in full.
Delayed numerous times!!!!

Business's are running, what's the problem? What's the delay??

I will never shop here again

CS is terrible, no one ever phoned me to keep US updated, I had to phone EVERY SINGLE TIME!!

We are now looking at May 2021 for the fridge delivery.....this will be the last delay we accept.

Also, no Incentive being offered for our time waitibg, and frustration. Almost a year.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Terrible company

Very bad service, I ordered my appliances on October and until March I didn’t receive them. Each time they delay one month. Then I cancel the order and receive my refunds after 2 months. DO NOT Buy from this company and you will be thankful to me.

Idee in Kitchener
Idee in Kitchener
0 reviews Kitchener, ON

Goemans Appliances are HORRIBLE

Horrible customer services with a huge backup of desperate sales rep. They convinced me to pay for all my appliances in full with a guarantee that I will be getting them in one month. I made payment in December 2020 and they assured me I will be getting it by the end of January 2021. They pushed the delivery date to February then March and as of today(March 16) they said June 2021. Nobody follows up with you to let you know they have changed the delivery date. I am currently living with 4 babies and no range. Customer services sounds like they are miserable and underpaid. They speak like a broken rewind record with the same nonsense of maybe in another month. Trust me everything they tell you is out of desperation during sales and once payment has been made they basically have no clue on delivery. Order from a different store and save yourself the stress and frustration. Does make sense why they try to cover their reviews on goggle.

Pandemic Delivery

The delivery/installer man arrived on my doorstep wearing a bandana. I offered him a new, disposable medical mask. He refused it. I then said there is no way you are entering my home without a proper mask. He reluctantly trudged back to his truck to put on a mask.

Why the fight?
20,000 Canadians dead not enough evidence for you to do the smallest thing and put on a real mask when entering a stranger's home?

I will never use Goemans again and advise you to do the same. Especially in the midst of a global pandemic.

More about Goemans Appliances

Our Company: Goemans Appliances is a family owned and operated independent appliance retailer. We planted our roots in Stoney Creek in 1978, and before we knew it we had 7 locations across southern Ontario and have become one of the largest independent appliance dealers in Canada. And it's no wonder ...
Looking for Appliance Retailers pros in Mississauga?