Controlled Comfort Air Inc

1140 Weston Road Toronto ON M6N 3S4
Controlled Comfort Air Inc

Reviews for Controlled Comfort Air Inc

A/C diagnostics overcharge

Called in for service on my A/C and was quoted a visit fee of $109.95 and additional for any labour and parts required. The tech came, that same afternoon (which was great), and after just over 1 hour of looking into it, declared that there was nothing he could do, and recommended I buy a new unit. After speaking to his supervisor, came back with a bill for $310, for diagnostics and 1.5 hrs of labour, when there was NO labour done! Had to argue with his supervisor over the phone to finally get him to charge me what he had said over the phone. Very unprofessional. Definitely never calling them again! They lost a sale of a new AC for trying to overcharge on a home call.

Emergency boiler repair

Our boiler for hot water and radiators died and Shiekiel (hope I spell his correctly) came to fix it. We had 2 other companies before him - one said we had to replace the whole unit and the other, who was still trying to find the required part for the last 3 weeks. Shiekiel was efficient and courteous, arrived when he said he would and once diagnosed, had it fixed in a day. I would recommend this company.

Alan in Toronto
Alan in Toronto

Furnace Repair

Never used Controlled Comfort Air before, my phone actually called it when I was trying to call another Comfort Air, that was in my Contacts list.

Furnace suddenly stopped during the snow storm aftermath at my 85 year old in-laws place. Shiekiel came, diagnosed the problem and fixed it in record time. The cost, $230 for the part, emergency service call & tax all in - GREAT!! Thank you Shiekiel!

tania in Etobicoke
tania in Etobicoke

Heating and air conditioning

checked on house for a friend who was away. The furnace was broken. Service guy was there within an hour and fixed the furnace with parts he had on his truck. This was a Sunday night and the whole process took less than 2 hours. An inexpensive fix and a quick professional service.

Harcourt in Mississauga
Harcourt in Mississauga

Great service on Hot Water Heater fix and A/C

Thoroughly impressed with the fast, pro and generous service. Hot water heater died. CCA inc. picked up warrantee from another co. Friendly tech came ASAP. Part was replaced, no mess made. Great job. I happened to mention that I'd had bad luck that week. My central a/c had died too. Hottest week of the year. Another co. had come by day before and told me I needed a new system. Compressor gone. CCA tech offered to take a look. Found a loose wire, hooked it up and A/C is back up and running. CCA saved me $1000's. THX.

Gas Direct Vent Heating Unit

Do not use this company. They installed the unit in our house before we bought it, and we called them to fix an issue with the furnace. Tony the technician came, replaced a small part (20 minute repair) and charged me $400. 10 minutes after he left, the unit broke again. I phone the company asking for a refund (it was clear he should have advised us to replace the unit outright). Tony came the next day and was defensive, aggressive and incredibly sexist, calling me "honey" and telling me " I wasn't thinking straight" and said "let me speak really slowly so you understand". I am an educated woman and found this to be incredibly inappropriate and offensive. I had to ask him to leave my house as he was raising his voice and I felt unsafe. In the end the company refused to admit that their repair caused an additional issue with the furnace, and refunded us only for the $100 repair charge.

paulchronis from Toronto
paulchronis from Toronto

Residential air conditioner

Prompt, very professional, clean job and always took the time to answer my questions. Had an after install noise and service call done in less than 24 hours. I am very satisfied with this company and I highly recommend them to anyone. Keep up the good work - its difficult to find a trade where they are honest and punctual. Cheers

Tennille from Brampton
Tennille from Brampton

Air Conditioner removal and install

Excellent experience with this company. Needed my Air Conditioner moved immediately due to a landscaping project. Spoke to Frank, he was professional and helpful. He sent a technician the same day to remove it for us! Amazing. They came back a few days later and re-installed it. Clean job, very prompt, and friendly. Thank you Frank and team! You really helped us out in a bind. Will definitely recommend this company.

Homelover
Homelover

furnace

We were having difficulty with our furnace this past winter. Tony the technician came and said we needed to replace our furnace at a cost of over $4,000. He said he would waive the fee for the housecall if we agreed. When the workers finally arrived after not showing up twice, the supervisor Frank consistently tried to upsell us. The final product is a visual disaster. Do not trust this company!! This is the one located at 1140 Weston Rd. and not another company by the same name in Mississauga.

Review has 1 previous version
Denise in Riverdale
Denise in Riverdale

Air Conditioner Service

We called Controlled Comfort Air because our central AC unit was making a loud clacking noise which was disturbing to our neighbours.

The technician came quickly but without even taking the cover off the unit - he pronounced it unfixable and spent the rest of the time preparing a quote for a new air conditioner. He then urged us to sign the quote for a new unit by saying he would take the $100 service call off the price. We refused in part because his quote did not even have a model number and few specifics of what would be provided.

The next day my husband took the cover off the air conditioner and adjusted a plastic flange that was making contact with the motor blades. It fixed the problem immediately.

We can only conclude that either this company is sending out incompetent installers who cannot fix simple problems but charge the customer anyway - or the installer did not investigate the problem so he could sell a new air conditioner under false pretenses. We suspect the latter. Either way it is bad.

Hopefully somebody will gain from our experience.

More about Controlled Comfort Air Inc

Service at its best. When you want to get it done right the first time, turn to the HVAC experts. Controlled Comfort Air Inc. installs, services, and maintains commercial and residential heating, cooling, humidification, and purification systems. We serve Toronto and GTA operating 24 hours, 7 days a week, and ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in York?