Acclaimed! Heating, Cooling & Furnace Cleaning

Best of 2020 winner 5 timesBest of 2020winner 5 times
Giving Back Award winnerGiving Back Awardwinner

Reviews for Acclaimed! Heating, Cooling & Furnace Cleaning

furnace

We had Acclaimed to come in about three years ago to fix a furnace that was not working and spent a little over $1000 getting a gas valve replaced.

Recently, the unit stopped working when we were trying to turn ventilation on so we reached out to Acclaimed to book for another appointment. Upon finishing the call, we went to switch off the furnace (which is in a utility closet) and noticed a faint gas smell and so we immediately contacted ATCO. ATCO was able to send out a technician later that evening and notified us that there was indeed a gas leak. The technician from ATCO then inquired about the most recent servicing on the furnace, and we told him that the only service we've had was a gas-valve change from 2017 with Acclaimed.The technician then proceeded in telling us that the gas valve installation was not done properly such that the leak is coming from the furnace line. It is absolutely unacceptable to have made such a careless mistake as it was explained to us by ATCO that it was a fairly easy check and that it should have been done.

Reached out to the management, explained the whole situation via email/call, management apologized for us having a gas leak and said there's nothing they can do to help us.

Well, too bad we can't be helped, but I hope this review can help someone else.

Hello!

Thanks for bringing this situation to our attention, as the safety of our clients and team is our top priority.

We appreciate the phone call... and now the review. The service having been done over 3 years ago, makes it a difficult thing for us to address. From the phone conversation, we gathered you feel as though the gasfitter that replaced your valve over three years ago was negligent. We always test gas joints after working on them to ensure proper inspection and professional discourse. It is very unusual after gas work is done, to not smell gas as a result of a leak soon after. Attributing work done over 3 years ago to the recent gas leak detected by Atco is a difficult thing for us to address.

In 3 years, lots can happen with a furnace both mechanically and also with any other potential service it has received. The furnace having a blower and many other components cause vibration, however slight, that may have contributed to a very small leak. We would love and NEED to read the report that Atco would have from their service and findings, so that we can follow up with them to see what the tech documented/encountered, as this is a situation that we take very seriously and would like to address for you in any way possible. We take all customer comments and concerns very seriously at Acclaimed and do everything possible to address them in a productive and fair manner.

I hope you reach out to us, to discuss any possible way we can address the situation further.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Acclaimed to the rescue!!

I had a water heater go out unexpectedly just before a busy weekend. Acclaimed was right on the problem...tech showed up really fast and let me know that the valve had gone out. He quickly replaced it and then gave me the bad news....it was covered under warranty and the entire job was covered....didn't cost a dime. I have used Acclaimed on multiple occasions and the service/work quality is always fantastic.

Thanks so much for this lovely review!

Jan in Edmonton
Jan in Edmonton

Furnace repair

Furnace fan stopped working on Sunday evening. We made a booking that same evening. On Monday morning at 7 I phone and was help immediately. A service was scheduled for the same morning. When the technician( Wayne) arrived he was friendly and very helpful. He found the problem very quickly and fixed it very quickly with a new fan. Wayne explained what happened and gave some good advice. Will use there services anytime again.

Thank you so much for your support, Jan! We really appreciate it! Stay warm and stay well!

Darnell in Edmonton
Darnell in Edmonton

Furnace Service

Wayne was fantastic and explained the good and bad. Very meticulous and kept me engaged during the inspection. I would not hesitate to have Wayne back and have made Acclaimed my choice for HVAC.

Thank you so much for the lovely review, Darnell! Hope you are staying warm and staying well!

harry in Edmonton
harry in Edmonton

Furnace repair

Tech was Ed. Informative, pleasant kind and fixed the issue. Explained all that he was doing and why. Excellent service. Would absolutely no issues in referring acclaimed to anyone at any time

Thanks for the fantastic review, Harry! We really appreciate your business support!

Anon_Amous in Edmonton
Anon_Amous in Edmonton

HVAC + Duct Cleaning Annual Service

We had our furnace, air conditioner and condenser cleaned and serviced, plus our ducts cleaned, and all Acclaimed Heating Personnel were thorough, knowledgeable, professional, and informative. Very happy with all!

Thank you so much for the lovely review! We really appreciate your business support!

Marlene in Edmonton
Marlene in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Clean Air

This company came recommended to us by Freisen's furnace installers and they certainly didn't disappoint. All vents in our house and the chimney to the fireplace are now in the shape of what a brand new dwelling would be. It's so nice to breath clean air. Can't say enough about their good work!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review, Marlene! We really appreciate your business support, and look forward to working with you again in the future!

Paul J in Edmonton
Paul J in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Humidifier Install

Great work by Wayne working in very tight conditions. It was an exceptionally hard removal of the old humidifier and tight install in a new place. The room had 9 to 18 inch clearances to work in with extra gas, heat, dryer & water pipes in the way. Great job ! !

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this lovely review for Wayne! We really appreciate your kind words, and will be sure to pass them along!

Great service one again

Once again I received great service from Wayne of Acclaimed!
He did a furnace tune up and a small repair and I got tons of free advice and lots of information. Thank you!

Thanks for the lovely review, kind feedback and the business support! Wayne will be thrilled to read your comments!

Tadros in Calgary
Tadros in Calgary

This is a rip off

I called Acclaimed to come inspect my AC because it was not blowing cold air. The technician came and did his check-up and said that the capacitor is bad and needs to be changed. I asked for the price and he quoted me for $380+taxes! I asked him and how much is the part he said likely $20. I agreed to have the repair done since I was quoted on the phone that any repair is charged by the hour for $120/hr + a call out fee of $60. I thought this is a 3 hour job then!!!
Anyways, the technician replaced the capacitor in less than 20 min and when I looked online, this seemed to be a very straight forward fix. No other maintenance or repairs were done! He literally spent 40 min in my house!! I was extremely shocked and asked for a detailed invoice to see how much labor and material I was charged! and they send me the invoice saying "the capacitor needed to be changed, and quoted the client for $380". The total invoice is $460.
By the way, I emailed the company back to inquire about this and got no response!

Hello Tadros, We were so sad to read your unhappy review. We are also very sorry that we didn't response to your email in a timely manner. I totally understand that not getting back to you right away would leave you feeling frustrated and unheard. The person that you sent the email to was unfortunately off sick yesterday and did not read it until this morning - around the same time we received your unhappy review. Our GM, Keven, left a message for you this morning to chat more about this, as we want to come to a resolution with you in regards to this situation. To address the fees mentioned in your review: We don't have an hourly rate for repairs at Acclaimed - our pricing model is set up as a call out fee + a diagnostics fee. Once the tech dignoses the issue, they will quote you a complete cost for the repair - everything included as a flat rate (as opposed to parts + labour costs). This allows our clients to make an informed decision based on knowing the final costs of a repair. We moved to this model a while ago and have received generally positive customer feedback in response to it. I can see from your customer profile with us that we have done a repair for you in the past under the old pricing model - I am wondering if that is where you remember the rate mentioned in your review? In response to your concern with the cost of the part: Our technician recalls having a conversation where you had asked the cost of the part, suggestion a cost of around $20. His reponse was that of a "maybe", as our technicians don't have pricing for individual parts, rather, a price book of 'flat rates' to quote for different types of repairs that covers all elements of the repair. In conclusion, we would love to chat more about your experience over the phone and come to a happier resolution for you, as we never want people to feel unhappy when they are having the "Acclaimed experience"! Please call the office and ask for Keven. We look forward to chatting with you soon!

More about Acclaimed! Heating, Cooling & Furnace Cleaning

We are a proud A+ member of the Better Business Bureau. We clean, service and install all aspects of your mechanical system. That includes your hot water tank, humidifier, air conditioning, dryer vent, fireplace and of course your furnace and duct system. Call one of our outstanding team members today, for a free quote and allow us to become "your guy" from now on! Acclaimed Furnace Cleaning, Heating & Cooling is looking forward to help you with all of your ducting cleaning, or heating or air conditioning needs. Don't forget to ask us about the Alberta Energy Efficiency Rebate Program