Durham Fibreglass Pools

Reviews for Durham Fibreglass Pools

Mike Haigh in Toronto
Mike Haigh in Toronto

Fibreglass pool

These guys were fantastic! From the site selection to the very end of the installation they were great. Super personable hard working team of guys who know exactly what they are doing. When variables came up they worked them out seamlessly. When I had a question or an idea I got through to Mark right away or he would get back to me as soon as he got the message. There were no surprises. It went as perfectly as it could have. My family and I couldn't be happier with the pool. We're excited to spend as much time enjoying it as we can! believe me when I say that not only did I do my research on who to have install our pool and what company makes the best fibreglass pool in the industry but I knew first hand from working in the concrete industry that these pools are the best. A few bucks more than a traditional vinyl liner pool but the benefits are enormous. Excellent work from an excellent company. Can't say enough about how happy we are with this pool project. Mike Haigh

Thanks Mike for your review; it is appreciated.......it was a great job and fun to do.....we go that extra mile for a HAB fan. LOL

Private User reviews Bowmanville, ON

Beautiful backyard pool and landscaping

Dennis, Mark and the team were a pleasure to work with and provided us with a beautiful backyard oasis. They were flexible and informative, and although there were a couple of minor follow-up items they took care of these for us. The guys were great and kept us abreast of happenings or answered any emailed questions. We also had landscape work done with a company they often work with and it was nice how the two worked together. The pool is gorgeous and we are enjoying the end product!

Much appreciated. Talk to you in the Spring

Francesca from Pickering
Francesca from Pickering
4 reviews Pickering, ON

Fiberglass pool

Dennis and his crew were awesome to work with. We did have some issues with their replacement concrete guy, however they were taken care of immediately. The team was very friendly and personable. We would highly recommend them, and love our new pool!!

Thanks Fran and Lorelei...it was fun working with you and for you
see you in a couple of months to open your pool

Elaine from Ajax
Elaine from Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

In ground, Salt water, Fibreglass Pool

The guys at Durham Fibreglass Pools are professional, knowledgable and efficient. From the sales quote right through to the clean up, it is a pleasure dealing with Dennis, Mark and their crew. Dennis gave us great advice in choosing the perfect pool for our family's needs. We would recommend Durham Fibreglass Pools to anyone looking for a hassle free experience when purchasing a pool.

a great job is reflective of a great customer..the pictures of the Project tell it all

thanks again

Julia from Oshawa
Julia from Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

purchase and installation of a San Juan fibreglass pool

The first week of July placed a deposit and signed the contract. I was lead to believe the job would be done by mid August at the latest and that the fence was to code. I did research everywhere to find what I hoped was a reputable company. Dennis couldn't remember the directions of the fences in my back garden even after several reminders. He also had the pool too close to the back fence. I repeatedly told him 4 feet for plantings, I also so told his son and crew only to have them put it at 3 feet. Only after an intense phone conversation did they move it. The fence was not to code. The work didn't even begin until mid August. The pool didn't go in until mid September after they sent a stranger to pick up the $18,422.00 cheque. The concrete pad for the shed was poured without a conduit to protect the existing electrical. Not to code. I had to bring it to Dennis' attention as his communication with me was more miss than hit at best. The job wasn't completed until the week of Thanksgiving. When I requested a receipt for the work and the pool I was informed that my cancelled cheques would be the receipt. I can get a receipt for a $4 bag of milk, but not a $45,000.00 job. My experience with this company was a nightmare and I had many sleepless nights. I did address the lack of communication, it was acknowledged, but nothing changed. I am very disappointed and felt like I was treated like a third class citizen.

There were delays with the Project and some confusion as to logistics of which I take full responsibility. There are a couple of glaring misquotes..The fence at the rear of the property was built by the neighbour; not our company.We took down the gate and one section of fence of which we replaced after completion of job. ..... the "stranger" referred to is the owner's wife who is also the bookkeeper; ID was given..a very appropriate person to pick up cheque.....pool was completed in September and winterized in October ( circa Thanksgiving)

The product is completed and very beautiful; it was a difficult road getting there but it is complete
regards

luke from Scarborough
luke from Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

pool instalation

once I decided to get a fiberglass pool i started shopping around for a price, I got many quotes, which were all in the same ball park, but decided to go with Durham Fiberglass Pools. The deciding factor was Dennis and his presentation. He was the only person who seemed to know and care about his product. He had pictures of his previous jobs, samples of different pool colors, and a lot of knowledge of the products (pump, filter, etc.) He was the only person who had answers to all my questions without directing me to a web site.
Once the pool instillation started, we ended up having soil issues. It turned out my house was built on an old river and therefore the soil was to soft to support the pool i wanted to install. I had to get a soil engineer in to do soil samples and come up with a solution to keep the pool from sinking. We had to go with a 6' pool instead of an 8' one, and back fill the hole a bit with concrete. When i was told this all i could see is my budget going out the window, because i work in construction and i know companies charge a fortune for extras. Dennis and Mark did the opposite, they were quite understanding and charged me only fractions of what i thought i would be.
The pool is now finished and i couldn't be happier. Thanks to Dennis, Mark, and the rest of the team at Durham Fiberglass Pools..

Thanks Luke for the kind words. It was a tough build with all the issues involved but it
came together very nice

Tina F.
Tina F.
3 reviews Goodwood, ON

Fiberglass Pool Installation

I contacted Durham Fiberglass Pools for a quote and was sold on fiberglasss as opposed to liner (which we had at our old house) after meeting with Dennis. It was a pleasure having Mark and his crew working at our home. Despite a rainy spring, Dennis pulled it all together in time for my daughters Birthday Party. I would highly recommend Durham Fiberglass Pools if you are thinking of installing a pool. Fabulous people, fabulous service!

thanks Tina...much appreciated
great people to work with and for
talk soon Dennis and Mark

Bill Green from Ajax
Bill Green from Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Pool

Great final product .there were hiccups along the way but the team at Durham Fibreglass Pools exceeded our expectations in the end .we have recommended them to friends that have used them as well and we will continue to praise them .You will not go wrong with this excellent team.

Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Be patient ,remember they can not control the weather anymore than you can ,ask all of your friends that have pools what they would do different if they were to do it again

Thanks Bill much appreciated you are the list for your opening

Chris
Chris
7 reviews , ON

Pool and Enclosure Installation

We had found the enclosure but needed the appropriate pool AND a General Contractor for the project. Dennis and his DFG team had the ideal pool and swim jet system and performed the work well, despite some serious and time consuming ground water related issues. This was something of a learn-as-you-go project for DFG ourselves BUT the end result was spectacular despite the work dragging into the depths of winter and not getting completed until well into the spring.

Thanks Chris ..yes it was a Project that tested our skills for sure and with the ground water issue, the Project was extended

nevertheless, the Project did have a great ending..thanks again

David C.
David C.
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Pool

Durham Fibreglass Pools has exceeded my expectations. The process from day 1 was great. The service we have received since the pool was installed has been as good as anyone could expect. Dennis is always available for any question no matter how small.

I highly recommend this company.

More about Durham Fibreglass Pools

In our modern, hectic world, today's homeowners do not have the time or energy for the daily upkeep associated with most swimming pools. Durham Fiberglass Pools understands this and is proud to offer you high quality San Juan Fiberglass Pools, spas, and accessories. We provide a nearly maintenance-free centerpiece to the backyard resort you've always dreamed of, giving you more time with family and friends. With a state of the art fiberglass swimming pool you have the advantages of the lowest maintenance and upkeep of any pool in the industry, reduced operating costs, and the peace of mind that comes from having the best warranty in the industry.

Based in Durham Region, we service all of Southern Ontario including Toronto. We provide high-quality installation with the personal service that only a family-run business can offer.

At Durham Fiberglass Pools, we care about our customers.