Metro Chimney Inc

Reviews for Metro Chimney Inc

Danny p.
Danny p.

Repair firebox ,sweep chimney ,install rain guard on two chimneys

Chris Bowes is an amazing person...
He inspected my chimney and told me it just needed to be cleaned and a crack in my firebox should be repaired to be up to code, that was great news considering the house was built in the late twenties... That same day he cleaned the chimney and a few days later came back and repaired the firebox crack with new fire bricks which.looks great ..He also went out of his way to repair and fill in some gaps in the fireplace brick that was not part of the job.. Impressed with his work and his price , I called Chris back to put two new rain hoods atop the exterior chimneys which completes the look and will keep rain and small animals out.. At the same time I asked him if he could put some cement around a newly installed dryer vent and his crew did that as well, no charge.. Wow...
Chris came prepared with tarps to make sure no dirt got on our new hardwood floors and always cleaned up after the job... His main concern was our satisfaction and the safety of our home..
Chris thanks so much for your work. I highly recommend you and your crew, and can't wait for those chilly evenings..
Danny ( Toronto)

I hope you enjoy using your fireplace on those chilly evenings.

Charles Wakefield from Toronto
Charles Wakefield from Toronto

Chimney rebuild & liner

Chris Bowes and his crew rebuilt my chimney and installed a stainless steel liner, constructed a new damper. His work was done professionally, at the price quoted and we have been enjoying our fireplace ever since. He matched old brick and made it look really good. It was done around 2005. He has been cleaning our chimney annually both before and after this work was done. Chris is always prompt and professional, and his prices are very reasonable. I recommend him highly.

Thanks for the response, it hasn't gone unnoticed.
Sincerely, Chris.

Brian Stanley from Toronto
Brian Stanley from Toronto

chimney repair, parging, concrete pad

Chris provided detailed estimate, work started and finished in a estmated time. Site was kept clean, all old debris was removed. Very pleased with finished product, extra finishing touches were added at no extra cost to improve overall appearance. Definately would rehire for a future project. Communications between us and Chris were excellent, he ensured that what we wanted was exactly what we got.

Thank you for your kind words.

Mark Blackmore from Whitby
Mark Blackmore from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Outdoor Hot Tub Surround

The original hot tub surround was in a state of disrepair. The limestone blocks needed to be dismantled, cleaned and then reset. The finished product looks amazing and gives the backyard a very neat finished look. A very difficult project very well done.

Thank you for this response.
Sincerely, Chris.

Steve from Toronto
Steve from Toronto

Chimney repair

I had to have my chimney repaired. Several of the bricks were flaking apart. Chris removed several layers of brick, replaced them and put on a new cap. He was prompt and completed the work quickly and cleaned all of the debris and mess up. I am very happy with the work performed and the price. Very easy to deal with.

Thanks for the 10 star review it is greatly appreciated.

Ross from  The Mold Guy
Ross from The Mold Guy

Chimney Top Cap Repair

Called Metro Chimney when we found the stone top cap of the chimney was about to fall off, Chris came right out, gave me some options and within a few days it was repaired as well as some grout repairs. Everyone was very impressed by the quality of workmanship provided. Thanks Chris, you'll always be my chimney go to guy from now on.

Thanks for the great review we appreciate it very much. I'm glad you like my work and I look forward to being your go to guy.

Chris Roberts in Oshawa
Chris Roberts in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Complete Chimney Rebuild

I called Metro Chimney Inc and within the same day they had showed up promptly to my residence and provided me with knowledgeable , professional, information concerning my recently discovered hazardous chimney. Upon booking the business, the employees completed a thorough, professional job that looked visually impressive. They had left not a trace that there was anywork done: Clean! I consider Metro Chimney inc a reliable, and reasonably priced establishment as well as a referrable choice of business.

Thanks for the review it is really appreciated.
Thanks, Chris.

Jake in Whitby
Jake in Whitby
1 review WHITBY, ON

Chimney Cleaning and Firebox repair

Metro Chimney has been cleaning my mom’s fireplace for years now and has always been clean, tidy and professional. So when I needed someone to clean my chimney, there was only one person in mind. Chris came and cleaned my chimney and even did some minor touch ups to the fire box for an affordable price. Thank you Chris, I will see you in the future .

Thanks for the feedback. We look forward to taking care of your chimney needs.

Dieter Klupsch in Pefferlaw
Dieter Klupsch in Pefferlaw
1 review PEFFERLAW, ON

chimney inspection, cleaning and repair

Many thanks, Chris, for the great job you did on our old chimney. We had no idea it was in such bad shape, but you were honest, and carried out your estimates and work with integrity and on time! We have recommended you to several of our friends already. It is rare today that the owner of the company does the estimating and much of the work, and takes pride in his work, and always cleans up after each days' work is finished.
Dieter

Thank you so much for the review Dieter. I am happy that you appreciate the effort I put into my work and thank you so much for the referrals.
All the Best, Chris.

Alex in Oshawa
Alex in Oshawa
1 review OSHAWA, ON

Chimney Maintenance

I have been using Metro Chimney for the last few years through a referral. His work is meticulous and thorough.

I did not hesitate recommending him to my friends and family and have never been disappointed.

Not only has he done great work with our chimney he also took down an 80' foot tree for my father in law!

Chris is honest, tidy, punctual, and friendly.

Thank you and see you next year!

Thanks for the 10 star review it is greatly appreciated.
Best regards, Chris.

More about Metro Chimney Inc

Metro Chimney specializes in chimney rebuilds, tuck pointing, and chimney sweeping and fireplace inspection services.

With our service yard located in the Leaside area, Metro Chimney has serviced countless homes in Rosedale, Moore Park, Forest Hill and the Yonge and Eglinton areas.

Chimney and fireplace inspection is a very important part of fireplace safety. When you call Metro Chimney, we don't just show up to sweep your chimney, we inspect it with a WETT-certified mason who builds and restores fireplaces. We provide fireplace restorations, firebox rebuilds, and more!

When your no-mess chimney cleaning is being performed, we are looking at your hearth and hearth extension, your firebox and damper, as well as your mantel, smoke chamber and what type of liner you have. We are inspecting your chimney, above and below the roofline, looking at the brick or stonework for any damage that may require our attention. Call or email us today to find out more!