We brought a detached home from Country Homes in the summer of 2002, we have had more complains about this company than praises. Now I understand that Country Homes do not actually build houses themselves, they contract it out to contractors. Here are some of the "good" we see in this builder:
(1) The design is attractive, we admit we do like their styles
(2) Their selection of designs.
And here are the "bad" we found with this builder
(1) They took FOREVER to respond to ANY of your complain if at all - took them over two years to reply to our first complain about the cracks in the basement concretes. I had to call and fax the complain countless times. And when they did came, it wasn't helpful at all, they say unless the crack is large enough to put your over-sized pen in it, they will not do anything about it.
(2) They hired the WORST plumper to do our plumping. Those guys are too cheap to even put in a few clamps on their copper pipe, so every time we use the water, the pipes are making so much racking noises. One of the pipe actually broke and flooded our house during our second year here. Country Homes did not respond to this complain and we had to pay for the damages and repair out of our own pocket (our house was under warranty!)
(3) The guys doing our insulation is barely doing it to code if at all. My bedroom on top of the garage is freezing during the winter months. Our heating bill during the winter months hover around $600/month. We had to take out the drywall around the house and added more insulation 3 years ago. Our heating bill during the winter months now max at $250/month.
(4) Country Homes only make upgrade recommendations that cost us a fortune and ignored all of the minor "upgrades" such as phone jacks and lights in the shower. They manage to convince us to spend $5000 plus tax to upgrade the oval bath tub to include 6 jets, so that is like $1000 per jet??? We was stupid to buy into it because we used the jets less than 10 times over the last decade. Because they didn't tell us about the phone jack upgrade, we had to call Bell to do it, not only Bell charge $75 a piece, they had their wires all over the house on the baseboard. They say they cant hide it behind the wall (they are too lazy to fish the cables) and insisted that if we wanted it inside the wall, it had to be done with the builder.
I have many more complains regarding this builders, but I think you get the gits of my review. I would definitely NOT recommend this builder.
- Approximate cost of services:
- Company Response
Good day Howie, I appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the delay in our response. We are proud to bring a new restructured environment at Country Homes. Since your previous purchase we have evolved in our product and service. Our new service department is leading by example as you will read in our most recent reviews. As well, we have updated many of our trades and the contracts we have with them. If you would like to reach out to us, I would be happy to come to your home and inspect your insulation and plumbing concerns. I can be reached anytime, firstname.lastname@example.org