After purchasing a lamp from the Mississauga store, which we were able take home from the store, we decided to purchase a coffee table. We decided on the new 'Xenia' style. It was advertised as Oak and tempered glass.
We called the Oakville store, and placed our order via credit card. It was to be delivered on the Saturday (this is Saturday #1). When we ordered, the sales girl made sure to tell us, that if there was damage after we unpacked it, to call them and they would arrange a new one to be sent... We thought this was a little odd.. But we thought nothing of it.
On Saturday number one, the delivery was made. As soon as we unpacked the base, we noticed it looked like it had been dropped on the corner.... So obviously it would need to be replaced. We checked the glass top.. It had a 2 inch scratch in it - straight out of the box.
We immediately called the store - they assured us that they would arrange delivery of a new piece for us on Saturday. This would be Saturday number two....
On Wednesday we called to confirm delivery... And low and behold, IT WAS NOT ORDERED!!!! Structube has to have orders in by Tuesday for delivery on Saturday..... So after a few more calls we agree to have the new piece delivered to the store the next Saturday (Saturday #3). The store agreed to inspect each piece for us for damage. I even spoke to a rep there after confirming the base looked good, and reminded him to look at the glass... He said he would call me if there were issues...... I heard nothing from him. We also wanted to pick it up ourselves since we didn't trust the delivery guys...
Yesterday was Saturday #3..... We were able to look at the pieces in their dark, dimly lit back room. It looked okay. We brought it home. This morning we unpacked it and started putting it together. The base was fine. But the glass had a 4 inch scratch, again, right out of the box. What's worse, is as soon as we put the glass on the base the veneer cracked on the bottom corner, and chipped right off.
Enough was enough... We packed it back up, and brought it back to the store.....
- I was told when I came in, that this model table is having serious issues, something we should have been told when we first purchased
- both our tables, and their display model are/were damaged
- we couldn't even get our money back today because someone rung up our original sale wrong... So now we are minus a coffee table, three weeks of our time, AND $340, apparently it will be fixed tomorrow... But I doubt it will without some more phone calls
Bottom line, I would never recommend buying anything from Structube that you can't inspect and walk out of the store with. Their designs are great, but their quality is crap. You are better off going with IKEA - their service is much better, and their quality is much higher too.
- Approximate cost of services:
- What could this company do to improve their services?
- Anything... It is simply horrible.
- Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
- Spent a couple hundred more and shop at a more reputable place.