Reliance Yanch Home Comfort Barrie

Reliance Yanch Home Comfort Barrie

Giving Back Award winnerGiving Back Awardwinner

Reviews for Reliance Yanch Home Comfort Barrie

Private User reviews Stayner, ON

Rinnai tankless on demand water heater

Rinnai not working, code 11 showing (ignition issue) called Reliance on Saturday 9 Oct, I’m being told no one is available until Monday 11 Oct!
Tried to call the dealer himself but to no avail.
Ridiculous customer service and false advertisement when it comes to their 24/7… it’s the call centre that’s open 24/7 NOT the dispatching.

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment. If there is anything I can assist you with please email me at gwillson@reliancecomfort.com - Gemma

korbin824
korbin824
0 reviews , ON

plumbing

Adam was great. The problem was not the water heater but rather a drain. He tightened the knob & hopefully that fixed the "leak" & saved me a visit from a plumber.
Again Adam was great !!!

Thank you for the kind review and for choosing Reliance Home Comfort! -Jessica

Private User reviews Barrie, ON

Furnace

Simple fix, humidity levels were directly related to HRV running in summer and not the humidifier, also the windows open brought high humidity in doors when left open. The air conditioner brought the humidity level down when windows were closed.

Thank you for the review, and for choosing Reliance Home Comfort! -Jessica

Roshni in Toronto
Roshni in Toronto

Misrepresent the plan and rip of money

Plan was two visit every year when called I was not in that plan. I m paying from Jan 2021 I cancel the plan july 2nd and the company send me bill to pay for the june month and when called the billing department is threatening that it will effect my credit, if I don't pay.
I have no issue with the technician they were great. The sale representative is misleading the customers and riping off the customers.
I was misrepresented three times with Reliance customer service, so the 4th time I just canceled the service.

I’m sorry to hear about your disappointment. Please email me with your account details at gwillson@reliancecomfort.com and I will be happy to follow up on your experience. - Gemma

Judd in Longlac
Judd in Longlac
1 review Barrie, ON

Water heater

Our water heater needed replacing. They replaced with an 8 year old refurb. The tank blew the side out and emptied the water on the floor while spraying up the walls covering the electrical panel. Why would I want an old unit to replace an old unit. Lucky I wasn’t killed trying to turn off the water with it soaking the electrical panel. Only new should be replacements. Technicians are great. Office a disgrace.

Very sorry to hear about this. If you require further assistance please email me with your account details. jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com -Jessica

Shawn
Shawn
1 review Elmvale, ON

Air Conditioner Replacement

Today we had an air conditioner replaced with a new one from Reliance Yanch out of Barrie.

The technicians, Steve and Tyler were AWSOME !!

They took their time and explained everything. They even fixed the issues that we had from our new furnace (purchased from Reliance Yanch) and install on April 30th 2021. The install had been sub contracted out and was very poorly completed.

I would recommend Relaince Yanch to anyone looking for a new A/C or furnace. However, make sure that you state NO SUB CONTRACTORS and insist on Reliance personnel only.

I give Steve and Tyler my highest recommendation, and strongly suggest you ask for them on an install.
They have made a very bad first impression on the furnace install to an AWSOME EXPERIANCE !!!

Shawn Foley

Thank you for your valued feedback and review Shawn. Thank you for choosing Reliance Home Comfort. - Gemma

Bupper99
Bupper99
1 review Barrie, ON

Adam was a star.

The plumber who originally did the work here was a Moron. His company name was Mike the Plumber but we called him Mike the Moron. Adam patiently undid his mess and did the repair smoothly and professionally. We couldn't be happier and he's a nice guy. Thanks Adam.

Thank you for choosing Reliance Home Comfort for your plumbing needs. We appreciate your support. - Gemma

Marcia in Barrie
Marcia in Barrie
3 reviews Barrie, ON

Plumbing Repairs

My husband and I moved into a condo a few months ago and started having some plumbing issues in the last few weeks due to the previous owner being his own 'handyman'. Our toilet ended up leaking into the resident's ceiling below us and the faucet in the main bathroom was ruining the granite countertop because the faucet didn't extend far enough over the sink. In February Ron came to do the quote and the work and we can't begin to tell you how impressed we were with him as a professional. He knew exactly what to do, he identified the problems, answered any questions we had and even took a picture under the sink to show us where the issues were. He was very clean and tidied up each area when completed and was very personable. We asked him about the reverse osmosis system the previous owner put in and he told us Reliance also offers this system which we plan to contact Reliance about installing for us. He was on time and followed the COVID19 restrictions for entering our home. We would not hesitate to recommend Ron to anyone who is in need of an excellent plumber. He goes the extra mile for you. Thanks Ron!

Thank you so much for your kind words Marcia . We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us—and we agree, Ron is truly a gem to have on our team! We look forward to working with you again in the future! - Gemma

annie
annie
1 review Gravenhurst, ON

Gas Water Heater Nightmare

RELIANCE DID NOT TAG, GROUND or ENSURE PROPER VENTILATION for HUGE water heater they talked my 84 and 85 year old elderly parents in to renting in 2012 via door to door sales people. For over 9 years my parents were in DANGER OF CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING. The gas fitter installing a gas insert fireplace discovered the above mentioned problems and said the installation was illegal and he went ahead and red tagged the water heater - which heats the whole house. He has given 15 days to have it rectified - intake and exhaust pipes installed - or he will contact TSSA to report Reliance and turn off the gas.
I immediately contacted Reliance, the tech came and the gas fitter doing the gas fireplace insert spoke to him and told him it wasn't the first time he had come across an 'untagged' water heater rental from Reliance. He told him he wasn't leaving until he was assured by the tech that Reliance would fix the ventilation problem and ground the water heater. The tech was on the phone to his 'installation manager' for a long time and tried to talk me in to renting a 'boiler' from them...Obviously they wanted us to sign yet another ridiculously long contract that carries over to new owners if the house was sold - which is a real estate deal breaker. I refused and he spoke to his boss again and said Reliance would install two pipes (intake and exhaust) that would go through the attic and out the gable end. I said that would be great but we did not want to be charged for this and he said there would be no charge.
The gas fitter (for the stove insert) witnessed the above conversation and was satisfied that Reliance was going to FIX the problem they created. And so he did not turn off the gas (which would have turned off my parents heat in the entire house) but still tagged the unit with a 15 day window for all the work to be done. If Reliance does not complete the work it will be shut down.
Yesterday, Feb 19, 2021, I called Reliance as they hadn't contacted me since the tech was here on Feb 12th to book for the work being done. I was told that RELIANCE WILL NOT INSTALL THE PROPER VENTILATION FOR THE GAS WATER HEATER AS PROMISED BY THE INSTALLATION MANAGER.

So Reliance installed a gas water heater with no ventilation, no grounding and no 'tag' . They put my elderly parents lives at risk due to Carbon monoxide poisoning for 9 years. They were here twice during that period as the tank was leaking - but the tech said nothing about the risk their tank was having to my parents health. THEN they agreed to install the proper venting at no charge to my parents - which was a BIG L because a few days later they backed off and said the best they could do (for endangering and continuing to endanger my patents lives) was to contribute 300.00 but my parents would have to pay the difference and find a contractor to do the job.

Really? In the midst of a pandemic trying to get a contractor is impossible and we only have 7 days left before the gas is turned off!!!!!!!!!

My advice to anyone considering using Reliance is to do your research first. Would I ever recommend this company? Never ever in a million years.

The tech who told us an UNTRUTH (this site won't allow the use of the L word) was from the BARRIE YANCH RELIANCE HOME COMFORT.

I’m sorry to hear about your disappointment. Please email me with the account details at gwillson@reliancecomfort.com and I would be happy to assist you with your concerns. - Gemma

John M from Oakville
John M from Oakville

Water heater replacement

Technician Mike arrived at the scheduled time, with a phone call a few minutes ahead of arrival notify me he was on his way. He identified the tank had a leak and would need replacing. The new tank was installed within about 2 hours of his original arrival. Mike was professional, explained the procedure and provided me with what options were available. Excellent service.

Hello, thank you for your positive review! – Summer

More about Reliance Yanch Home Comfort Barrie

At Reliance Yanch, the safety and well-being of both our Customers and our Team Members is always our top priority. We are actively monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are taking precautionary measures to aid in keeping our communities safe. We have implemented strict safety protocols to provide both our ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Barrie?