We had a garage door installed through Home Depot. It was installed by Adams Door Systems. In general, the installation was okay (the door looks great), but there were a few issues:
* door was crooked (3/4 inch gap on one side). They installer came back and corrected it but it is surprising they would install it crooked in the first place
* door spring tension is too high - door flies up too fast from half-way point. Although the installer said they would come to correct, they never did and I've been playing phone tag trying to arrange for them to come back
* poorly installed weather-stripping trim. The installer used screws to install finishing trim instead of finishing nails so all the screw heads are visible (see photo). When I complained, they said this is how they install it.
* the installer left hand prints along bottom of door.
On a final note: the contract is with Home Depot, so they end up being the middleman. They have to do more to ensure the installers they subcontract actually do a good job if they want to stand behind their satisfaction guarantee.
- Approximate cost of services:
- What could this company do to improve their services?
- Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?