Renew Stairs

reidfamily1
reidfamily1
1 review Halton Hills, ON

Hardwood floor

Very skilled and left it very clean we used them before for stairs would use them again

I take great pride in my work and want all my customers to be satisfied with the workmanship done. Thank you for this great review and your kind words!

Canyas R.
Canyas R.
1 review Aurora, ON

Stair Remodeling

Renew Stairs (Moe) was very professional and did a very good job for me, they designed and replace my curved stair case with very nice open concept self support L shape stair, also they changed my Railing, Everything was on time and it was very helpful during my tight time frame to finish my renovation.
Thanks Moe and Renew Stairs

It was our pleasure working with you! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. If we can be of further service please don't hesitate to reach out.

rmilano
rmilano

Replaced wood pickets in railings with metal

Moe was very experienced and knowledgeable. Came in to measure, was accurate and installation was scheduled in a timely manner and as promised.
His installation guys were quick and efficient, leaving my home clean and orderly. The staircase looks amazing. On time and in budget. Highly recommended.

Roger Moreau of Mississauga
Roger Moreau of Mississauga

Do NOT give this man your money!

I cannot say that all the work done was terrible. It wasn't. The triangular 'landing' was handled well and much of the hardwood flooring looks nice.

But Moe will demand to be paid substantial amounts in the course of the work. Usually, with contractors doing a job as big as this (all the stairs and much hardwood flooring) that is not a cause for concern. But it is with this company!

Here's the reason: He wants a large amount of money as you go, in case a problem arises where he cannot satisfy the client. With cash in hand,
he is able to walk away with the money he has and blame all the imperfections on "the natural qualities of wood". (Don't get me started on the staining problems....I would be here all day.)

I learned this by making an amateur's mistake and for this error I have suffered. I actually paid him the full $14,000 before finding a lot of problems. For every problem, he repeated his stock answer,

" That is not my responsibility!"

Would Moe have brushed me off like that if I still owed him $7.000?

Sawing in the house:

Without permission or warning, the boys suddenly moved the power saw from the garage, INSIDE the house, to the base of the upper staircase. Only six feet from the concrete pad outside the front door or steps from the inside door to the garage. The sudden and unexpected sawdust storm went through virtually our entire living quarters causing a terrible mess.

But don’t you dare blame Moe nor expect an apology. "I told you it would be messy!"

Splinters all over the unfinished part of basement:

For an unkown reason, all the staples went right through the hardwood flooring and the subfloor, strewing hundreds of dangerous pieces of
wood. "In fourteen years, I never see this before. Not my responsibility."

Note: I have to admit, a search of the Web does not show this staple problem as a common issue. But I would really have appreciated an apology. Not happening. I think he believes any small admission of fault
would lead to Small Claims Court.

Roger Moreau
Mississauga

Ps: I would suggest contacting me directly with any queries or comments, but I believe I am not allowed to post an email address or personal phone number in this text.

Review has 1 previous version

Hello,

This job was completed back in May so I was surprised and saddened to get this review. This review is more of a review of me then the work done? I'm glad that you were pleased with the workmanship of the triangular landing and hardwood flooring. For that alone, I think a 1/10 review is not only unfair but rather bizarre.
I take great pride in my work. I also take customer service and satisfaction very seriously. I certainly do not take a large amount of money and refuse to fix things if needed. I always strive to complete the job to a 100% satisfaction of my customers. Occasionally, there are issues which are not in our control. There was a deposit given at the beginning of this job and a few days after the job was completed we received the remaining $9400.00 (70%) owed. Therefore, I'm not sure why you're saying I take a substantial amount of money? You walked around and inspected everything and were more then satisfied before we received the final payment. In fact, you emailed me that you were pleased with the work done which I can provide. Again, you were checking the job as we were working and had 3 days to go over the work that was done.

You mentioned sawing in the house without permission or warning. This simply isn't true. We asked for your permission one time to saw inside as it was a rainy day and you agreed. I'm sorry if there was any miscommunication here.

In terms of the splinters, the Web would not show this as a common issue because it isn't. This happened because your basement was unfinished and we did not know or were told. If you're quoting on a small living room what installer would go to the basement and check there? We came to do the job we were asked to do, and it was done very well and to the highest standard.

We have many happy and wonderful customers because we work hard to make our customers happy and luckily situations like this are extremely rare. As inaccurate as your review is of me personally, I appreciate your feedback and wish you the best.

Moe

Christine in Toronto
Christine in Toronto
1 review Pickering, ON

Staircase Upgrade

Moe did two staircases in my home. He made me feel very comfortable to speak to and took his time to help me decide what the best look was for my stairs. He offered suggestions and supplied photos so I could decide what I liked. He made it clear that he wanted me to be happy :) Well, I couldn't be happier!! Moe's person, Queenie was the person you did my stairs and he was very pleasant, showed up on time every day and worked diligently taking pride in his work. If you want a grand looking staircase, this is the company for the job! I've attached some Before and After photos too.

Thank you for the review! I always strive to make all my customers 100% satisfied with the job. Your review is very much appreciated!

foys
foys
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Total replacement of stairs

They remove all treads and riser replacing them with oak stained to what we selected, reused our handrail (sanded and stained), painted the side parts of the stairs and replaced spindles with rod iron. Totally keep work area cleaned and cleaned up at the end if each day

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Stairs - Re-Stained

Highly recommended! Moe and his staff's work was professionally completed, within only 4 days. Moe is very courteous, respectful and honest!
He even offered to give me back money, thinking we may have overpaid... you don't often find a lot of genuinely good people these days, but I must say that Moe is sincere and knows how to get the job done in a timely manner! Thank you!! I will definitely be recommending him to others!

Marie in Old Toronto
Marie in Old Toronto

Stairs and flooring

Moe re-did the 40 stairs in our townhouse and also installed 2200 square feet of new hardwood flooring throughout. It was a big job and we are delighted with the results. Moe was a joy to work with and took the time to explain everything in detail. The installers, Tom and his crew were great- efficient and knew exactly what needed to be done and the best way to do it. We would highly recommend Renew Stairs.

Thank you for your feedback on Homestars.com. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on the work done. I'm so pleased that you were happy with the end result.

James in Scarborough
James in Scarborough

Main floor renew stairs

This is my first time to write a review about any work that I have had done. We are very pleased with the finished job it is exactly what we were hoping for. Moe exudes confidence and the company's experience come shining through. Highly recommended. Thank you.

James

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We pride ourselves on our customer service and we're so happy that you were pleased with the work done.

bevjohnt in Newmarket, Ontario Canada L3Y2B1
bevjohnt in Newmarket, Ontario Canada L3Y2B1
1 review Newmarket, ON

Stairs to Basement

Just had a new set of stairs installed into our basement. I dealt with Moe, who was friendly and courteous. His staff were friendly and professional. They took their time and care not to damage anything during the installation which was a big job. They completed it in a day and a half including tearing out the old stair case. Moe was very accommodating and ensured the installation took place when it was convenient for me. I appreciated that very much. They did an excellent job and the stairs look great. I would highly recommend anyone who needs new stairs to get this company to do the work. Thanks

Thank you for your time writing the review ,working with you was a plaesure and indeed you were very co-operative too,i do appreciate your trust and business .
moe

More about Renew Stairs

We renovate carpeted stairs into a wood finish and build railings into solid oak or maple.

Our company's goal is to help you have great looking stairs that are safe, affordable and timely.

Renew Stairs can provide you unfinished or finished stairs.

We use hand selected oak & maple (or other kind of) you choose.

Advantages of pre-finished stairs:
*Project will be finished in 2 days
*Less dust in the house
*You can use the stairs during installation
*Lower price

INFO@RENEWSTAIRS.CA

Our Commitment:
*Finishing the job in high end quality
*Customer satisfaction
*Reasonable price
*To stand 100% behind our work quality.
*On Time Professional Installation - Guaranteed