If you are looking for an excellent home inspection, I would recommend Vahn to you and anyone else, on the spot.
Vahn greatly exceeded my expectations by demonstrating these qualities:
1) Quality: He was very thorough and spotted many details. While this is what you would expect of any inspector, the details were often very small and could've been easily missed. Also, the overall volume of details found was much higher than I expected.
2) Communication: Despite all the details, he took the time to explain each and every one of them to us. For example, when showing us the HRV, he explained the predecessors to HRVs in order to better help us understand the problem it was solving.
3) Timeliness: He showed up early and began inspecting the exterior proactively. This ended up being important because the inspection ultimately went beyond the original timeframe. After the inspection, he sent over the report well ahead of the stated SLA timeframe.
4) Attitude: Perhaps above all, Vahn was really friendly and was genuinely passionate about his work. As someone unfamiliar with the inner workings of a house, I thoroughly enjoyed talking to and learning from him.
The outcome was two-fold:
1) A report that we converted into a 60-item list that our seller agreed to fix. That's real $ value.
2) Psychological confidence in our investment, which has its own intangible value.
If you're looking for an A+ home inspector, go with Vahn.