MMT Waterproofing

Reviews for MMT Waterproofing

Frank C Oakville
Frank C Oakville

Fix leaking foundation wall

I Found MMT Waterproofing on Home Stars, and they definitely deserve the high rating. Their price was far better than their competitors but that didn't hurt the quality of the work, truly top notch!. And their guarantee is certainly better than their arrogant competition.

Mario and his crew left the place clean and took away all the debris, the place was left better than they found it ;)

I have no problem recommending MMT Waterproofing to anyone.

Frank

David in Oakville
David in Oakville

Sealing two leaking foundation cracks

I have a 6 year old home that had a long crack in the foundation - it leaked during even light rains. The builder had their guy do an epoxy injection about 4 years ago - the epoxy soon cracked and it leaked badly once again.
We've recently decided to finish the basement but needed to take care of the leak first......I wasn't looking forward to the COST and the process of finding someone I could TRUST.
I found Homestars and started reading all the testimonials wondering if they were true or not. I was impressed with the reviews about Mario, MMT Waterproofing and the consistant 10/10 scores so I had him come over to quote the job. I also asked another company that did work on the Holmes on Homes show.
I was most impressed with Mario. Right off the bat, on the phone, he said that if I was interested in a cheap temporary fix (like the builder did), he was not interested in the job. Later in our meeting, he explained in detail why the foundation was leaking and exactly what they would do to fix it and the price was RIGHT!.
I have been a real estate appraiser for 23 years and have taken 5 "home inspection" courses and already new much of what he was telling me. He answered all my questions without hesitation or B.S. Mario also explained that the small crack 10 feet away that was not yet a problem (showing increasing signs of wetness and white afflorescence) would likely become a problem sooner or later and recommended that it also be repaired.....made sense and again the price was right. (approximate cost I've inputted does not include reinstallation of the patio brick as I did that myself - Mario's price to do it however was FAR, FAR MORE REASONABLE compared to the other company which wanted $1000 to do a 3' x 6' section of patio).
In ONE day, they removed the patio brick, dug two 6'x 2.5' trenches down to the weeping tile, made sure the weeping tile was ok, repaired the cracks, compacted the backfilled to maybe 1" past the original grade and cleaned up nicely afterward.
I am admitedly distrusting of anyone doing work on my home but me as I have heard of many nightmares through my work as an appraiser, but Mario and his team were trustworthy, respectful and did what they said they were going to do at the price that was quoted. They also completed a LARGE job for my brother and he was completely impressed.
The job was completed late March 2010 and we've had some terrific rains since then with no evidence of water or dampness.
Another 10/10 from me.

Naomi in Toronto
Naomi in Toronto

waterproofing

This is the second time we are hiring MMT waterproofing. In the past he had waterproofed our west wall. We were very pleased to say the least and we had no doubt that we would hire mario again to waterproof a segment of our north wall. Indeed we were very happy with a work well-done second time round! With maximal effort above and beyond. We can't say enough in recommending this company. Mario is extremely professional, reliable, pleasant and trustworthy. One of the best professionals we encountered.

Toronto Midtown
Toronto Midtown
1 review North York, ON

Foundation Waterproofing

I waterproofed 1/3 of my foundation to fix a leak. The job started with a small hiccup, but Mario was quick to rectify the situation and was very professional. Overall the job was well done, and I will call MMT back when I waterproof the rest of the house foundation. Thanks!

George in Mississauga
George in Mississauga

Waterproofing and repair of foundation

I wish every contractor had the integrity, honesty and communication skills of Mario. He explained what he was going to do, when he would start and advised that rain would move the start date and that he would keep us advised of any changes and he did. As the job progressed he explained the procedures, what they found and the repairs completed. His workers had to work hard since the job had to be hand dug and they stuck to it each day they were here. I have no hesitation in recommending Mario and his company MMT Waterproofing to anyone. His quote was very competitive and his work outstanding. The work area was kept clean at the end of each day and they cleaned up the yard when they finished so well that you would not know they had been here. Great work Mario and thanks again.

Kris North York
Kris North York
1 review North York, ON

Waterproofing and sump pump install

Mario explained everything at the start, his crew did an excellent job water proofing the basement walls from the outside. Later he came back and installed the sump pump to complete the job. Now I no longer have any water in the basement.

Harry in North York
Harry in North York

basement waterproofing

Our project was a small one, but Mario treated us like we were his top customer. His price was excellent, the quality of workmanship was outstanding, and his manner was as courteous as it was professional. His crew cleaned up everything after the job and the entire job was done exactly as described. I strongly recommend his company for your water work. You will not be disappointed.

Nick in Toronto
Nick in Toronto

Waterproofing

We had over 8 quotes, had almost made a decision and then thought we'd try one more, we're glad we did. Mario arrived, seemed more knowledgable than the rest, and did a quote on the spot that was excellent. The materials and techniques he used for the job were the ones we'd researched and decided upon based on the other quotes.
We're happy we decided to go with him. He's an excellent communicator, and kept us updated throughout the entire project (waterproofing the entire house). His crew was friendly, quiet, fast and extremely professional. It was nice working with someone who you can trust. It was by far the best crew we've had work on the house, wish every contractor was like this! Do yourself a favor and call Mario.

Annie in Corso Italia
Annie in Corso Italia

repaired a problem leak in the basement

I have been struggling with a leak in the corner of my brick work around a complicated set of pipes coming from my furnace to the exterior. These leaks were a constant headache causing me to lift and empty many buckets of water every time there was rain in the forecast. I had three other companies come to try and fix the problem, but none tackled it at the source. Mario and his wonderful workers spent the day digging 8' down and sealing and waterproofing the area so well that even recently with today's torrential downfalls (enough to close down the Go Train for an hour), my basement is bone dry. What a relief to have someone who knows what he's doing get this issue resolved. Thank you to Mario and his team!

InTO in North York
InTO in North York
6 reviews North York, ON

Foundation Waterproofing

Not only was Mario's quote was 1/3 to 1/2 less than the next cheapest one I received, but his crew also did an outstanding job. Mario explained everything that needed to be done in detail and had excellent communication with me. He was able to squeeze me in on fairly short notice and then called in advance to notify me when an unavoidable delay required that we reschedule. He rebooked me for only a few days later, and the crew showed up right on time. They did the work extremely quickly. The crew was polite and professional, and they left the job site very tidy when they were done. They went out of their way to make sure that I was satisfied. I really am impressed by the whole experience. Sometimes the principle of "you get what you pay for" is true, but not in this case: With MMT you pay so much less you would with another company and get a truly outstanding job!

More about MMT Waterproofing

!!! WE WILL BEAT OR MATCH ANY WRITTEN QUOTE GUARANTEED* !!!
CALL NOW 416 854 3382 !!!

We are company with 25 years of experience.
Specializing in waterproofing residential and commercial structures.
-competitive prices
-written FREE estimate prior to starting
-written guarantee on completion
-basement made permanently dry from the inside or outside with or without digging

416-854-3382