2 Steinway Blvd, Unit 17 ON L6M1Z6

Best of 2019 winnerBest of 2019winner

Reviews for A Plus Air Systems Inc.

khozema in Toronto
khozema in Toronto

furnace and central AC

Hello,
I hired A Plus in July to replace my heating furnace and a central air conditioner. I was very really very happy with the services provided. Their owner/manager Dave was always very prompt in responding to my emails/phone calls. He provided correct guidance/ recommendation. Also their quote was quite competitive and fairly reasonable. Dave’s boys did a fine job of installation. They were on time, very professional, and did a tidy job. The other advantage of hiring A Plus is that because they are Home depot certified contractors, you can avail of the Home Depot discounts and also make the payment through Home Depot credit card; it’s easy on your wallet as you don’t have to make a lump sum payment. Thank you Dave for the services provided and hope you will keep up your good reputation in future as well.
Khozema Mansure

Hi Khozema,

Thank you so much for your kind words! Dave is one of the best at what he does, I will pass on your appreciation. Glad you loved the entire experience, we are truly proud to be an installation service provider for The Home Depot, we are proud they can leverage our quality and expertise where they need it.
Again, thank you for your business!

-A Plus Air Systems

Trane air condition and furnace

I recently (July 2018) bought furnace and air condition from Home Depot. Those units had been installed by A Plus Air System (Farid and Jagdeep). They did it professionally and clean. So far the air condition is running well. It is still summer and I don't use the new furnace yet.

Thank you so much for the kind words. Farid and Jagdeep are truly great technicians, I will pass on your appreciation. Trane makes some of the best equipment, winter will be no problem!

APlus Air team

Shana70 in Old Toronto
Shana70 in Old Toronto

I've never been treated so poorly by a service provider

5 years ago we purchased a new HVAC system for our house (furnace and central air) from Home Depot and A plus did the install. They were nice, we've had a maintenance plan with them since. Last week in the first heat wave of the summer the air conditioning wasn't working - it would turn on, barely cool air would come out of vents and it would shut itself off after anywhere from 5 to 20 mins. Our house never got below 28 on the ground floor and over 30 upstairs at the best of times and this was with all the blinds shut and curtains closed. So we called A plus first thing on Monday, explained what was going on and said we were also due for our annual maintenance call anyway. They said the soonest someone could come was Friday. On Thursday the company called and said they would have to cancel our appointment. My husband held firm and said no we'd waited all week, it wasn't working and they had to come. They said someone would come between 2 and 6pm. The technician came, and was surprised that we needed repair, apparently he was just there to do the annual servicing and couldn't do any repairs. He did his maintenance, cleaned filters and coils and said all the numbers were fine and it should be running. He was concerned that the AC kept turning off while he was here, he said all the components were working well and wondered if there was a breakdown between the thermostat and machine that was making it turn off too quickly. He called the office and reported all of this to them, he also made us a detailed list of all of his readings and stats from the unit. They said they would send out a repair technician the next day between 10 and 4. Luckily for us the humidity broke and we were able to open up the house and finally have some cool breezes and the best sleep we've had in over a week. Fast forward to 12pm today, technician calls and says he's 10 minutes out. He arrives and right off the bat it's bad. He walks in and is like your house feels nice and cool. Yes, because the heat wave is over and we have the windows open, the AC unit is turned off. My husband presents him with the list from the first technician and starts to explain all that has transpired. He is not listening and just keeps saying "your house is cool" and we have to keep pointing out that yes the heat wave broke and our windows are clearly open. We're concerned about the next heat wave. What was most concerning is that I start to notice he doesn't address me. When I do speak he speaks slowly like I couldn't possibly understand. I then realize he is mansplaining. Basically he says our unit is fine, says if there is another heat wave and it doesn't work then we can phone again and get another appointment. I have honestly never been treated this badly by a service provider and the kicker is we just purchased the “luxury maintenance plan” with them. So it's time to pay for the service call (he helpfully points out it's discounted because of the luxury plan) I hand him my credit card out of my pink wallet to pay and he turns with the invoice to my husband and says “I need your signature”! I was like “It’s my card, I’ll sign that." and off he goes. I was gobsmacked.

**Update
Our problem got fixed in the next heatwave - sure enough the same problem happened - after they read this review they were suddenly super eager to help and sent "their best guy" and he finally solved the problem - the pump that pumps water into the unit was not working hence the AC shutting itself off constantly. So I paid an additional fee to have that fixed ($169 plus tax maybe?)

Mimi from customer service also called to apologize. Which was great except she never said what the outcome was with the second technician - was he reprimanded? Did he receive training on how to talk to customers? Who knows!

But they have since called me repeatedly (twice yesterday alone!) asking me to please take down or edit this review as it would "really help them a lot". They've even called my husband on his cell to ask if he can please talk to me about it.

So here's my updated/edited review A Plus. I've upgraded them to 1 star for the 3rd technician who was super nice.

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Shana,

My name is Mansoor I have joined Aplus Air Systems recently focusing on customer experience. I am just reading and responding to some older reviews on homestars: First, I just wanted to apologize for your entire experience as it sounds very unpleasant what you went through. I understand that someone from our office called you to apologize but I just wanted to take the time out to respond to this review as well as just let you know that rather than requesting you to remove this review (which is never right to ask the customer to do so) I want to make it a valuable learning experience for our company and all the staff involved. I am glad the annual maintenances were great but I really dislike the way we handled the service when something went wrong. Since the time of this review, we have made an effort to train some of our maintenance technicians and cleaners such that they are equipped not only for maintenance but to handle breakdowns and repair as well. This was expensive for us but has paid off greatly as it reduces action time in getting a customer's equipment working again. It's unacceptable that a technician spoke to you that way and "mansplaining" is NEVER EVER right, some of our most valuable employees are women who are incredibly knowledgable in the HVAC and Contracting industry. Since then, we flagged this technician and the company has enrolled him for several training programs for customer service (two in-house training programs, one industry specific one, and one webinar on customer service from Lynda.com). Again, sorry for your experience and thank you for the valuable feedback, I will make sure something like this never happens in the future.

Mansoor

Nam from Richmond Hill
Nam from Richmond Hill
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Get water heater installation done quickly

The company is contracted by Home Depot. I was replacing my water heater which previously as rental. After you paid Home Depot, Dave at A Plus Air Systems was able to arranged the water heater installed quickly. The service was great. A+ recommended.

Hi Nam,

Thank you so much for the kind words, I will share your appreciation with Dave. Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you ever have any questions or need any assistance with your equipment. Again, thank you for choosing Aplus Air!

A Plus Air Systems Inc

Thermo heated floor system

After speaking to other companies I decided based on knowledge and price “A Plus Air” was the only company I would trust with my complicated thermo floor heating system upgrade. They arrived on time , put down dropsheets and completed The heating manifold (picture 1)in one day. I have appreciated the easy to use floor system that warms the entrance of house that was my outside porch before a big Reno . Thanks “A Plus Air “ for a job well done

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are glad you like your new in-floor hear system. We love installing them! Thank you again for the review.

Thanks
A Plus Air Systems

Nancy in Oakville
Nancy in Oakville

Replaced furnace

My furnace was over 20 years old and needed replacing. A Plus Air is very efficient, clean and the furnace was installed in the time frame that they said it would be. Totally satisfied with the service that was provided by A Plus Air, from start to finish. I highly recommend them. It was a very pleasant experience doing business with them.

Hi Nancy, thank you so much for your kind words and appreciation. I will pass this on to our installation team from our west branch. We're really glad you were happy with the whole experience. Thank you for taking the time out to give us valuable feedback!

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Furnace Blower Motor & Capacitor

My furnace stopped working on a cold February Friday.
A Plus Air Systems was open on the weekend and was able to find all the necessary parts needed to fix my furnace. They even had one of their technicians meet me somewhere to make sure I had the rights parts so I am not left with not heat.

I would definitely recommend A Plus Air Systems.

Can't identify this incident yet, home star or customer can come up with serial number of the unit to identify. We have a customer first policy and never let a customer to complain online of bad experience from our staff or installers.

JLR
JLR

Replace home boiler

Remove old boiler and install new one.
Also make sure it's properly connected with the new NEST thermostat.
Aziz is an excellent problem solver and a true gentleman.

Hi JLR,

Thank you so much for choosing A Plus Air systems and for the kind words. Aziz is truly a gem to have on our service team, I will pass on your appreciation. Please do not hesitate to call us if you ever need anything.

A Plus Air Systems

Furnice service

I have had a great experience with A Plus Air Systems ever since they installed a new Trane furnace in my home almost 2 years ago. Today I have had the annual tune-up and safety inspection done by Azis, a very conscientious and professional technician who took his time to explain what he had done and a few features of the furnace and filters we were not aware of. I definitely recommend this company for service and/or the purchase of new equipment.

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review aplus air. We are really glad you are happy with your Trane furnace. I will pass on your kind words to Aziz. Again, thank you for your business!

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

EXCELLENT

Professional, knowledgeable, competent.
Perfect experience . Shams and the boys are professional people deserving accolades and p[raise in a world of incompetence.
Well done all around from the initial sales call to the start up.

Hi, thank you so much for your kind words. I will pass on your appreciation to Shams and our installation team. Happy to have you as a customer, thanks again for taking the time to give us feedback!

APlus Air Systems

More about A Plus Air Systems Inc.

A Plus Air Systems was established in 1990 as a complete solution to commercial and residential heating, ventilation, and air conditioning needs. A Plus Air Systems is currently one of the
largest authorized Trane Dealers in Ontario, and have been serving our customers with high quality Trane products. We install and service our furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, air cleaners, boilers, tankless water heaters and backup gas generators in Toronto, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, and Niagara Falls.