A&A Masonry

Reviews for A&A Masonry

Tom in South Etobicoke
Tom in South Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Tuck point exterior bricks around all windows

My wife and I own an older home and as you know things need fixing from time to time. So we decided this year’s project would be the upgrading of the windows. When it came time for the final measurement the installer noticed that the joints between the bricks around most/all my windows had deteriorated and needed repair. The problem was that we only had a few days to get the tuck pointing done.

When I called A&A Home Improvement they not only came out that same day but the job was schedule immediately. By tinting the compound the repaired areas blended perfectly with the existing building.

Thanks for the review, Tom. We're happy we could get it done in time for you.

rosie505
rosie505
2 reviews Etobicoke, ON

chimney rebuild

Andy came promptly to estimate the job and explain to me what had to be done,chunks of stucco and brick had fallen from both chimneys,and both had to be rebuilt from the roof line to the top.the workers were efficient and professional,and cleaned up after the job.Andy also gave me two references of other jobs he had done in the area,I would highly recommend them.JZ,etobicoke

Thanks JZ! You have a beautiful home & property & we're glad we could
improve it.

Mary from St. Clair West
Mary from St. Clair West

Tuck Pointing

A & A Home Improvements gave me the best price and the most honest explaination of the work my 80+ year old home needed. Andy's honesty and personality is what got him the job and i couldn't be happier. Fantastic colour matching on the grout considering the age and wall exposure to the varying elements, the use of various coloured grout blended in so well, it took me a few minutes to even spot some of the work done. Fast, clean and well worth the money spent.

Thanks Mary! Just got off the phone with my son Joe, who did the work. I passed on your comments. He takes pride in his work and it's nice to be appreciated.

Craig and Ang in Etobicoke
Craig and Ang in Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Chimney Rebuild

I would recommend Andy and his team to anyone who wants to work with professionals who also provide a personal touch. I had asked Andy for a quote in the fall and then decided I wanted to put off the job until the spring. Andy touched base in the winter and then again in the spring. He asked about my family, by name; I enjoyed that personal touch. His team was timely, quick and left a clean work site.
Corrine followed up to ensure we had a great experience and she was a pleasure to speak to over the phone. If I need work done in the future, my only call would be to A&A.
Thanks.

Thanks Craig & Ang! You made an impression on both Corrine and me. It's a real pleasure to work with such warm and friendly people.

Jane and Bloor
Jane and Bloor

Rebuild chimney

I called Andy for a quote on rebuilding our chimney. His initial response was that it looked fine and didn't need any work ... until we walked around and looked at it from the back yard. I appreciated his initial reaction to not try to scam me on work that didn't need to be done. I felt pretty comfortable with Andy - he seemed professional and honest. The price was not cheap, but comparable to another quote. We had the slightest hiccup in scheduling, which is why this is a 9 and not a 10. I am very happy with the finished project - the chimney looks fabulous and the previous leaking into the attic is now completely resolved. Although the mason warned me that the brick colour might not be a perfect match to house bricks due to the age of the house, the colour match is fine. The workers were very pleasant, quick and did a great job cleaning up.

Thanks for the review! You've got a beautiful house and I'm glad we could fix your problem & maintain the aesthetics of it.

Marc in Trinity Bellwoods
Marc in Trinity Bellwoods

Chimney Rebuilding/Masonry

The pair of masons sent out by A&A were fast (about five-six hours), tidy and did clean work, as far as I could tell looking at the chimney from the ground with binoculars. The company owner dropped by in the evening to pick up our cheque, which was exactly the estimate, and we had a nice chat.

The next day, a company rep phoned up to check that we were satisfied with the work. It's attention to detail and customer happiness that kick a merely competent contractor experience into one worthy of a solid recommendation.

Thank you Marc. I only regret I didn't have longer to chat because you and Becky are a very interesting couple, and I knew I was missing out on some good stories when I left.

smith of toronto
smith of toronto

rebuild chimney, tuckpoint, and replace bad bricks

House built 1912. I needed my chimney rebuilt, tuckpointing in various areas around the house and deteriorated bricks needed to be replaced. I did some research on the work needed (right outside temp for brick work, mortar type, brick type, etc). I had about 5 quotes mostly from last fall. This spring (Apr 2010) I chose this company partly because they called me to find out if the work was done already. The only company to remember my house. Another reason I chose this company is because Andy was honest with me. He was not the cheapest of the 5 quotes but my house is not the easiest to work on either. I thought Andy was fair and his employees were hardworking professionals. Well worth the money. Chimney looks proper, bricks match very well, mortar matches perfectly.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, Dave. Got it on the short notice and I will take that advice! I'll pass your compliments on to my guys. They do take pride in their work and it's good for them to know they are appreciated.

Denise and John in Weston
Denise and John in Weston

chimney repair

Our chimney was in need of major repairs. Andy took the time to explain all of our options. We had estimates done by other companies but none were as friendly, honest and priced as well as A & A Home Improvements. The work was completed by a very professional and skilled team. I would definately recommend A & A Home Improvements to anyone!

Thanks Denise & John! It was a real pleasure working with you.

Ian J - High Park
Ian J - High Park

Restoration of a brick garage - repair and repointing

Our brick garage, built circa 1920, was badly in need of repair and repointing - before it fell down. Andy at A&A and his lead mason did a thorough review of what we required done, and then the work was executed on schedule a month and half or so later.

In addition to color-matched repointing, new longer lintels over the door opening were installed, the frontof the garage and the parapets were rebuilt, and portions of damaged brick as necessary were replaced. Some extra work to our home was also completed.

The work done was excellent and we are very satisfied with not just what was contracted, but with having the crew on our property. They worked quickly, competently, listened to our requests and although it's probably their usual standard of workmanship, seemed to us to go the extra mile in completing the job.

Cleanup was very thorough, something that made the next trade to arrive, to replace the roof when A&A was finished, have an easier job of it.

I recommend Andy at A&A Home Improvements without reservation, they exceeded our expectations.

Ian J.

Thanks Ian! That's high praise coming from someone who takes such good care
of his property. I'm glad we could meet your standard.

Arthur in Moore Park
Arthur in Moore Park
1 review M4 T, ON

chimney rebuild

Professional, easy to work with, no problems. I have no need of twenty-three more words, thank you very much. Yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda,and so on.

Hahaha! Thanks Arthur! Pleasure working for a scholar and a gentleman such as yourself ... yadda yadda etc, ...

More about A&A Masonry

Award Winning Specialists!
416-236-8721

A&A Masonry is an award-winning Toronto based firm specializing in almost everything exterior. Specialties include Stone work, Interlock, Interlocking, Paver stones, paving stones, Natural Stone, Pavers, Stone Veneer Cladding, Tuckpointing, Masonry, brick repair, brick restoration, tuck pointing, waterproofing, foundation repairs, concrete steps, porches, walkways, caulking services (windows & doors), chimney repair and general exterior restorations for residential, commercial and industrial customers.

A&A is dedicated to providing the highest quality on every job. With a proud team of qualified artisans, we strive to complete every project in a timely and safe manner.

Our mission is to offer a unique and reliable service in anything Exterior within the Greater Toronto Area, differentiating ourselves from the competition by means of always delivering what we promise, on time and on budget.

Our commitment to excellence is our core value.
Customer satisfaction is our main goal, and we reach it every day by relying on our attention to customer service. By providing customized solutions for every job, we guarantee that we will never compromise on quality, safety and efficiency.

This approach together with our experience and knowledge allows us to effectively handle a wide variety of projects, from small to big, indoors or outdoors, renovations or repairs.

We service: Toronto, Etobicoke, Mississauga, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, York, North York, East York, Mimico, Hamilton, Brampton, Bolton and surrounding areas.

For FREE ESTIMATE CALL: 416-236-8721

Being Masonry Contractors, Concrete Contractors, Stone Contractors & Waterproofing Contractors we specialize in:
Stone work, Interlocking Natural Stone & Pavers, Stone Veneer Cladding, Tuckpointing, Tuck Pointing, Chimney Repair, Chimney Rebuild, Chimney Restoration, tuckpointing, Brickwork, Brick Repair, Brick Replacement, Parging, Waterproofing, Foundation Repair, Concrete Resurfacing, Concrete Porches, Concrete Steps, Patios and Walkways, Flagstone, Cultured Stone, Caulking services (windows and doors), Masonry, Masonry repair, steps, concrete porches, concrete walkways and patios, caulking services.

For the Hamilton area please visit out Hamilton websites