Royal York Roofing Ltd

Reviews for Royal York Roofing Ltd

M3A 1N9 in Etobicoke
M3A 1N9 in Etobicoke

Flat Roof

My experience with Royal York Roofing was excellent. The Roofers were hard workers, courteous and very neat ensuring there wasn’t a nail or shingle to be found. The entire team is professional - phone calls and follow-ups handled by the office administrator, Seanesta and attention to detail provided by Bruce Windsor and Vitaliy Goshovsky.
Mary McDonald

Hello Mary, Thank you for leaving us such a great review! Our company takes great pride in every job we partake in, from the roofers and estimators, to the office staff and management. Bruce and Vitaliy are very detailed in their work and we all strive to build great relationships with our customers. Trust is important when selecting a contractor, and we are thrilled you found that with the RYR team! It was a pleasure working with you! Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance again. - Royal York Roofing

Ronald in Toronto
Ronald in Toronto

New Roof

After 19 years I needed a new roof for our house and double garage. I contacted a few roofing contractors and inquired online for quotes.
Bruce Winsors from Royal York was the first one to contact me and quoted on the replacment.
After waiting a week for other quotes no one showed up? I was very nervous on what to do but signed the contract with Royal York.
The new roof was installed within 3 weeks. I was very pleased with the crew and cleanup. Bruce followed up with me to ensure the job was done correctly. Bruce was extremely professional and a pleasure to deal with.
done correctly

Hello Ronald,

Thank you for leaving us such a great review! Bruce is very detailed with his quotes and he takes pride in building great relationships with our customers. Trust is important when selecting a contractor, and we are trilled you found that with the RYR team! It was a pleasure working with you!

Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance again.

Boris Barniak  in Toronto
Boris Barniak in Toronto

Remove and replace existing roofing

Platinum service. This company should not be installing roofing. They should be teaching other companies on how to do it! From delivery and placement of disposal container the day before job began to ground cleanup after job completed, I witnessed nothing but professionalism. Quality of workmanship by the entire crew reflected pride in what they did. Thank-you.

Hello Boris!

Thank you for leaving us such a great review! We are thrilled to hear that you are pleased with the quality of work our crew delivered and recognized the pride that our RYR team has with every job.

It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your family. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance again.

kim from Etobicoke
kim from Etobicoke
5 reviews Etobicoke, ON

roof, flat roof and sky light

Royal York was fabulous right from the start. Bruce sat down and explained in detail what needed to be done and showed us samples of the material to be used on the flat roof and explained the options regarding the sky light. Bruce created the trust we were looking for in hiring a roofing company and we were not disappointed.

The work was done in approx. 2 days, and the site was cleaned up everyday. The workers were polite and professional, and explained to us what they were doing.

We are extremely happy with the job that was done. We highly recommend Royal York Roofing.

Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

Hello Kim. Thank you for leaving us such a great review! Bruce is very detailed with his quotes and he builds great relationships with our customers. Trust is important when selecting a contractor, and we are trilled you found that with the RYR team! It was a pleasure working with you and John. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance again.

Bryan in Toronto
Bryan in Toronto

Finally Done Right...

My house is less than 10 years old, my wife and I are the 3rd owner of this home. Royal York's Roof is the 3rd roof this house has seen in its short life. The first roof was installed incorrectly by the builder of the home who was also the owner of the property. In an effort to maximize profits, they used shingles on a roof with an 8 degree slope. When the 2nd owners bought the home on the show Property Virgins the show was shot around 2008-2009 . This whole exchange is documented on the show (S4E2). The agreement at the end of the show was that the buyer would reduce the sale price and the new owners would repair the roof using correct flat roofing methods. The new owners mention they had a "Buddy in roofing who will do it for five grand..." End... Roll Credits.

Flash forward to May 2017 We have been living in our home for over 3 years now. Its been raining steady in the month of May and our skylight leaked. This was the first time we noticed a problem as we thought it was fixed correctly. We called a skylight contractor to have look and he came off that roof shaking his head and told us we had much bigger problems. It then hit us... The "Buddy Roof" was crap.

The rolled roofing material was not installed with the correct underlaying material or in our case any at all. It was slapped together, not capped properly. The flashings around the plumbing/furnace stacks were poorly done and could have potentially cause other problems. The skylight was installed directly against the sheathing with no ice/water barrier or flashing, not to mention that since it's a flat roof it should be built up on a "curb" so that the window is above any flowing rain water. So 2nd roof done by "Buddy" for five grand was terrible.

So I had a choice to make. Fix it or well... Fix it. Enough is Enough. RYR had an excellent reputation on Home Stars. I checked out their WSIB and sent an e-mail request for a quote. I was contacted by Lauren and she took my info and Then I met Bruce. Bruce is a straight shooter. He told us exactly what was wrong and what it was going to cost to fix with no "hustle". We gave them a deposit and they said it would start in 2 weeks.

2 weeks later a team of 5-7 men showed up. They didn't speak much english. They got to worked and stripped off the old roof. It was only 1/2 of their bin worth of material that they drove away with, something tells me a correctly installed roof should have a whole bin of garbage to take away. The garbage that was taken away was always gone at the end of every day. They always swept up there were no nails, Olfa blades, shingles, roofing product, tar, tar paper, lunch garbage or anything left on my property. The guys were great they always were friendly when they saw us walking our dog but that's hot work. I thank them very much for getting up there in the June sun to do that for us.

Bruce came by a couple of days later. He took me up on the roof when they were done. We are 1000% satisfied with the job they did. Just by looking I know its right. I gave him the cheque shook his hand and now we can sleep soundly at night knowing the roof is fixed.

I also want to give Lauren on the phones a shout out. I didn't meet her but she was great to deal with over the phone!

I would recommend Royal York Roofing to anyone looking to correct a crappy roof, or looking to replace a roof that's just old. Give em a call. I did and I'm much happier for it! I also want to point out that I have over 7 years of commercial construction experience working with a large general contractor. Royal York Roofing is a professional operation that does not cut corners. I would never hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Except the people I bought this house from. I'd tell them to get "Buddy" again!

Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

Hi Byran. Thank you very much for this very thorough review! We greatly appreciate the time you took to write this for us and are happy to hear your experience with the RYR team. It was a pleasure working with you and please let us know if we can ever be of assistance again in the future. All the best!

RLHome in Nepean
RLHome in Nepean

Total Roof Renovation

Hired RYR after reading other positive reviews posted on Homestars. I would recommend using RYR for any of your roofing needs. Bruce was a pleasure to deal with during the initial consult process. Pavel (the owner) was also very helpful and responsive to any questions i had. The prices are very competitive compared to other "top" homestar rated suppliers. Many thanks to your crew for all their hard work and workmanship.

Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

Hello, thank you the great review you provided us! It was a pleasure working with you and hearing your experience with our team. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance again in the future. All the best, Royal York Roofing.

Frank and Tanya Furgiuele . in
Frank and Tanya Furgiuele . in

Roofing replace .

We are very happy with the work provided by Royal York Roofing Ltd. It was done super fast , very neat, and highly professional. We would definitely recommend this company to all our friends and relatives . Great job !

Hello Frank and Tanya, we are happy to hear your experience with our team and appreciate you leaving us a great review! All the best from Royal York Roofing.

RR in
RR in

New Roof

Our house required the replacement of both a flat roof and a shingled roof with dormers. Royal York Roofing responded quickly, provided a fair estimate, and completed the job within the agreed upon time period in spite of having to work around several rainy days. The team members worked extremely hard, showed expertise in their attention to detail, did a good job cleaning up at the end of each day, and were courteous.

Hello. We greatly appreciate the time you took to write this great review! Rainy days always slows our progress down, but we ensure to protect your roof during the rain and complete it in a timely manner. It was a pleasure working with you. All the best!

Michael in
Michael in

New Roof

Doring the rains of May 5th & 6th, I discovered I had a leak in my roof. I contacted Bruce from RY roofing and received a quote. Bruce was very professional and we agreeded on the job the next day.
In a couple day's, when I returned from work I could see the job was underway. The next day it was completed. I never met the crew but they too were extremely professional, one would never know that a project had happened. Extremely happy on my end.
Thank you Royal York Roofing.
Michael Puhacz

Hello Michael. Thank you very much for your feedback on our estimator Bruce and the work provided by our crew. We are pleased to have made your roofing experience a quick and simple process for you! All the best from our team here at Royal York Roofing.

Private in Toronto
Private in Toronto

Semi-detached shingle roof replacement

Royal York Roofing was fantastic with our shingle semi-detached roof replacement, getting the job done very quickly, cleanly and with a friendly manner. The quote was given in thorough detail on the spot by Bruce, who was very friendly and time accommodating. He was also honest in recommending that we didn't need to get the flat roof portion of our house done as it was in good enough shape for more years of service. Even though they thought it might be a couple of weeks to start, they ended up coming two days later and were done in time for the recent rainstorms in the area! Some of the guys doing the job didn't speak much English, but they clearly spoke "roofing" very well! They did not charge any extras and the roof looks fantastic. I would definitely recommend this team to anyone looking for a similar job.

Hello. We are pleased to hear about your experience with Bruce and the team here at Royal York Roofing. Thank you for the great review.
- Royal York Roofing Team

More about Royal York Roofing Ltd

ROYAL YORK ROOFING has been successfully servicing the Toronto and GTA for years. Specializing in residential, commercial, industrial and institutional new Roof Installations and Repairs, we are able to service all your roofing needs in an experienced and timely manner. Our vastly diverse portfolio of past work, speaks for itself in the lengths and bounds we go to in ensuring the best roofing choice for your specific roofing needs.

SERVICES: We specialize in a broad spectrum of roofing services including, new sloped (asphalt shingle, cedar, slate, metal, copper) and flat roof (2-ply, 4-ply, EPDM, TPO) installations, re-roofing, roof repairs/maintenance, and sheet metal works. Additionally, we offer a wide variety of related services that help eliminate hiring multiple contractors which in exchange you get hassle free roof, and the luxury of having to deal with just one company without the middle man as we take care of all the arrangements. Some of our additional services include: eavestroughs, copper / aluminum works, siding, waterproofing, masonry, carpentry, siding, attic ventilation inspection, demolition and disposal.

WHY ROYAL YORK ROOFING: When choosing our company, we guarantee a professional and experienced team member to assess your needs. Our representative will explain how we can help you and offer you an honest and fair quote. Our team of professional roofers is fully insured, licensed and have an impeccable standing with the WSIB. All our work is stamped with written workmanship warranties for up to 15 years depending on materials used; a commitment that truly shows our confidence and credence in our work.