Dehaas Landscape Design

Trung from Burnaby
Trung from Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Landscaping

Not knowing a thing about landscaping or gardening, I was in need of some help with my yard. It was a plain yard on a standard 33' x 122' size lot - nothing on it other than a fence. I found De Haas Landscape online and was not referred by anybody. Nico was prompt and informative from the get go and I felt comfortable with hiring him without interviewing anyone else. Nico had some great ideas and gave me realistic time frames and an accurate estimate of what things would cost. We didn't plan for some drainage issues that my property had, but Nico had solutions and asked for my permission to proceed because it was going to cost extra. The job is all done now and I am very happy with how it all turned out. My plain property now feels like a little sanctuary. I left the plant selection entirely up to him and don't regret it. Nico and his crew were very professional and hard working. Overall it was a job well done and I feel that there was good value. I would not hesitate to refer anybody to Nico or work with him again.

Janice Moss from Burnaby
Janice Moss from Burnaby
2 reviews Burnaby, BC

front and back yard landscaping

Fantastic!! Nico designed a wonderful updated and relaxing back yard for our enjoyment by adding a new brick patio, a curved brick wall and stairs, planted several cedar and maple trees, added a variety of plants and shrubs as well as new lawns. This was all made even more perfect with the installation of great lighting. They removed a rotten wooden deck, a broken hot-tub, cement, rocks and other debris. Our front yard was also updated to look more modern and nicer to come home to. Nico and his team are always professional, super friendly and very easy to work with. They listen to your ideas, give you professional advice and are just a great bunch of people. I would highly recommend
De Haas Design.

E.A. HUTCHINGS from Vancouver
E.A. HUTCHINGS from Vancouver

Landscaping

We are a small building with a fair size piece of property and a smallish landscaping budget.
We hired Dehaas last year to do our general garden maintenance. We also needed an area damaged by building work to be replanted and revived. This
Spring the new area looks amazing. The plants chosen work well and compliment the established landscape.
The general maintenance is great. Our
garden is looking better than it has for years. Our budget is small but Nico and his crew make the very best of it.

Michael from Vancouver
Michael from Vancouver

Front yard landscape

After our first child, my wife and I needed a low maintenance front yard and Nico has done it. We settled on a budget and Nico planned it out for us and even squeezed in a water feature. Now, here is why you should contact Nico....over 6 months after the job was done, he saw that some of the plants (viewable from the street) were not doing well and one night, my wife noticed that they were missing. The next day we found out that Nico had taken them out and replaced them. Thanks so much Nico!!!

Thanks for your comments Michael. I am always happy to help my client's keep their gardens looking their best. Enjoy! Nico

4 reviews Vancouver, BC

Lighting

De Haas Design has done quite a bit of work for our strata, both on common property and private patios. He is full of great ideas, and very responsive to feedback. The lights we had installed at the front have added a lot of drama to our home.

Thanks Alexa! I appreciate your comments. It is fantastic to hear that everyone is enjoying the new lighting. Please let me know if you have any other ideas or hopes for the property.
Nico

Winnie in Vancouver
Winnie in Vancouver
1 review VANCOUVER, BC

Front and Back Yard Makeover

We originally contacted Nico when our dog turned our backyard into a virtual mud pit. He listened to our problems and quickly zeroed in on the solutions. He was confident, personable and above all professional. After talking to Nico about our backyard, we wanted him to update our front yard as well, which was professionally installed about 15 years ago, but had become dated. It was an amazing transformation. It went from an “oh so 90’s” garden to one that is modern and in keeping with the style of our house. He kept us in the loop throughout the whole process and paid attention to our likes and preferences. His crew was all extremely nice, polite and professional. They showed such respect for our property and space that were it not for the improvements we saw at the end of each work day, we would never have known anyone had been in our yard!

We used to dread going to the backyard, even if just to dash in and out of our garage, now it has become a peaceful addition to our living space. And we really enjoy all the compliments from our visitors when they first come through our front garden.

We really appreciate all that Nico has done for us and have no reservations whatsoever in recommending him to anyone!

Thanks Winnie! It was my pleasure to be able to help transform your space into something very special for you to enjoy. May it bring you much joy for years to come. Nico

4 reviews Vancouver, BC

Redesign of patio

Nico gave new life to our small north facing patio. The work was done quickly and efficiently and at the quoted price. The lights he installed add lovely drama to our home.

I agree, the lighting is always that extra something that takes a project to the next level. Thanks for your kind words! Nico

Celeste in Vancouver
Celeste in Vancouver
2 reviews W VANCOUVER, BC

Front and back landscaping and design

Nico and his crew are wonderful. We started with tree removal on our lot, and have continued with both front garden and back yard landscaping. Nico designed and built an amazing retaining wall on our corner lot. His crew is efficient and friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to trust Nico with any project big or small.

Thanks for the great review Celeste. It was a pleasure working in your garden. Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon.

P Schepens in Summerland
P Schepens in Summerland
1 review Summerland, BC

Landscaping Consulting

Our gardens have always been a main attraction for our B&B guests. When I needed to upgrade the landscaping to make it lower maintenance, I consulted with Nicolas de Haas. I have worked with other consultants in other areas previously and found that most consultants are not good listeners and want to impose their own ideas. Nick is a true professional. He really listened to what I had to say and what my expectations were and asked pertinent questions. His knowledge of plants is amazing and he quickly caught on that although I needed low maintenance - I wanted different and unique. He offered more than one suggestion for a particular problem area and pointed out the pros and cons of each, leaving the final decision to me. The result is an interesting, but low maintenance landscaping that all of our guests comment on. Thanks Nick.

It's always a pleasure to take a walk around your beautiful property. Thanks for the kind words.

Sarah from Point Grey Road
Sarah from Point Grey Road

Garden renovation

I considered many landscape companies before deciding on De Haas Landscape. I was impressed with how Nico took me from start to finish with this overwhelming project. He articulated creative ideas for the initial design, organized the installation, and now maintains my property on a weekly basis.

The team Nico has working with him were professional and a pleasure to have around. I trusted them completely and am truly grateful for the patio space and beautiful garden that they have created for me and my family.

Thanks for your great review Sarah. I am happy to be maintaining the beautiful space we were able to create for you. See you soon.

More about Dehaas Landscape Design

We provide design | construct | maintenance services from start to finish for any landscape project.

We create original landscape and garden designs based on the vision and personal style of each client.

Our professionals construct the hardscape, install the plant material, and arrange the proper irrigation and lighting for your space. We also do extraordinary wood work, architectural concrete, build outdoor living spaces and kitchens, and create unique fire and water features.

Regular landscape and garden maintenance services keep your garden looking fabulous.

Our company also provides landscape contracting services and seasonal installations, such as Christmas pots and professional Christmas light installations to enhance your garden space during the winter months.